X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody Hates Hitler (813)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by Buddy TV
    From the CW: "Sam and Dean investigate the death of Rabbi Bass, who spontaneously combusted. The case becomes ever more confusing when they learn that the Rabbi was researching Nazi Necromancers. Sam and Dean are attacked by a Golem who turns out to belong to the Rabbi‘s grandson, Aaron. The key to the case lies with the Golem but Aaron doesn‘t know how to control him, which leaves everyone in danger."
    Original air Date : 02/06/2013
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Really good episode! And they had Barney Miller! I haven't seen him in forever. The new Men of Letters library is cool. I like that it's in the exact center of the U.S. (I learned that from American Gods )

Comment

This episode was so much better than expected (I'm always cautious when it comes to themes like Hitler and Nazi Germany)! The batcave is brilliant, I hope they keep that set for a loooong time! Finally a source for new input (and fresh showered Deans *cough*).

And in case you're wondering: The German wasn't as bad as I expected. The first two officers were barely understandable, the first one a bit better, but I have no idea what the second one was supposed to say, even with the English translation. But the scene inside was actually pretty good, even if it sounded wooden from time to time. I guess some of the actors might even be German. Still, the Grammar was odd on some places.
      Like the very moment before Eckhart burst into flames.
      He shouts "Sag deinem Meister, das ist lange noch nicht vorbei!" but it should have been "das ist noch lange nicht vorbei."

Also: Sams translation site was pretty awesome, it managed to make good English sentences out of odd German ones.

And for the episode itself: it was great! 3/4 through it I had still no clue where it might lead and I like the idea of rebuilding something like the old secret societies. Especially since it opens up possibilities for future stories!!
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

I like the batcave! That's a nice change from all those hotel rooms Sam and Dean frequent.

Didn't mind the Nazi storyline either....ITA with Iolanda on that.

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

I wondered if we were going to get another weird time travel story or SN's take on 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' or something like that when the Nazi's turn up in the opening scenes uttering phrases from ancient texts and invoking supernatural powers!

It turned out better than I thought too. I liked the way they built on the idea of the Nazi's interest in the occult and the atrocities they committed by abusing those powers. The Golem and the secret Jewish society that fought the evil secret Nazi society with the same powers was a nice touch.

Sam and Dean's new place is pretty cool! Sam has found his true calling, he was always predisposed to being a 'Man of Letters' and never knew it, he's in his element in that library! Dean is still the hardened hunter and man of action, I loved seeing the different way they each settled into the place.

Comment

This episode really surprised me, in a good way. I didn't expect it to be as good as it ended up being.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
            X