Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So.. just what did the seed ships dock with then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.. just what did the seed ships dock with then?

Thats a picture captured from the episode where Telford catches up with Destiny in a seed ship after Destinys first drone fight.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYZ_8ZKUAw Fast Forward to 12:56)

You can clearly see that there is a door way at the front and what looks like some sort of docking platform for a smaller ship to dock with underneath.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Energizer_Vs_ZPM; 14 January 2013, 05:30 AM.

You seem to have answered your own question.

Comment

Well I'm always interested in other peoples thoughts

Besides, we have to try and keep this place alive somehow don't we?

I was just wondering if it would be another ship, shuttle or perhaps a special gate planting craft that drops down the the surface of a planet, plants a gate and then comes back again - maybe there could be many of them that the seed ships dock with?

Maybe the seed ships just make the gates (like trees make their own seeds) before having them distributed by smaller ships that return to collect a new gate?

Comment

I would say, shuttle access and the ability to dock with other seed ships.

Comment

Shuttle, space station (say where the ships were made)

Comment

I found it interesting that the access to the dock was near the front of the ship, it still seemed like a vast majority of Destiny was unexplored. I suppose they probably brought up a direct route on the HUD and then followed it, still ignoring all the unexplored areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
              I found it interesting that the access to the dock was near the front of the ship, it still seemed like a vast majority of Destiny was unexplored. I suppose they probably brought up a direct route on the HUD and then followed it, still ignoring all the unexplored areas.
              Actually this is about the seed ship...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                Actually this is about the seed ship...
                Yes it is.

Just in case the image in the first post wasn't clear, watch this:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYZ_8ZKUAw - Fast Forward to 12:56 and you'll see the shot of the seed ship quite clearly. Thats the doorway I'm asking about - it seems pretty clear that its supposed to be used for something!

garhkal is thinking along similar lines to me with the space station / seed factory thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                  Yes it is.

Just in case the image in the first post wasn't clear, watch this:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYZ_8ZKUAw - Fast Forward to 12:56 and you'll see the shot of the seed ship quite clearly. Thats the doorway I'm asking about - it seems pretty clear that its supposed to be used for something!

garhkal is thinking along similar lines to me with the space station / seed factory thing.
                  Ah my bad, I must not have read the OP carefully enough. I guess garhkal's suggestion makes sense, I also suppose it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that one seed ship could dock with another, maybe to consolidate data or something, in the same manner that Destiny docks with a seed ship. In which case the first ship would use the forward port.

Comment

I also suppose it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that one seed ship could dock with another
                    I don't think that would be possible - the docking port that is used for destiny is different than that pictured from the seed ship. That would mean that the seed ships front door / dock would need to match destinys docking port but it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                      I don't think that would be possible - the docking port that is used for destiny is different than that pictured from the seed ship. That would mean that the seed ships front door / dock would need to match destinys docking port but it doesn't.

Actually i think seed ships dock with eachother the same way Destiny docks with one. So the front docking bay only has to be compatible with the back, not with Destiny

Comment

Which was the point I'm making - destinys docking port would need to be the same as the front docking port on the seed ships if the seed ships were to dock with each other.

Also, why would the seed ships dock with each other? What reason could there be for it?

Comment

Ah my bad, I must not have read the OP carefully enough. I guess garhkal's suggestion makes sense, I also suppose it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that one seed ship could dock with another, maybe to consolidate data or something, in the same manner that Destiny docks with a seed ship. In which case the first ship would use the forward port.
                          I can see that.. Also, perhaps the door holds a shuttle..

Also, why would the seed ships dock with each other? What reason could there be for it?
                          As we saw with destiny. Direct link up gave a much faster data transfer rate, as well as shared power capacity. Two things i could see seed ships using.

On a related q.. Anyone else think the seed ships also sun dive for power?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Almost certain they do. Thats where Telford led the Destiny in the seed ship when they had their first drone encounter. You wouldn't give a ship star proof shields unless you had a reason! Plus it would make sense seeing as the seed ships have to travel such vast distances, making stargates, planting them etc. Thats a hell of an energy supply they'd need.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              I can see that.. Also, perhaps the door holds a shuttle..

As we saw with destiny. Direct link up gave a much faster data transfer rate, as well as shared power capacity. Two things i could see seed ships using.

Even though they didn't explicitly show it recharging like they did Destiny in "Resurgence", it makes perfect sense that it would be designed in the same manner. It seems like it was the most sustainable power option for ships that the Ancients had access to.

The fact that the seed ship can pilot through a star in the first place indicates it's shields are built to resist that kind of intensity like Destiny's are.

Comment

Working...
                              X