In the Name of the Brother (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Then the writers and producers changed it, since the episode shows the crash happened before Rumple healed Belle.
    Actually, I just rewatched and jel is right. He said the guy saw him using magic, not healing Belle. So I guess maybe he did mean the fireball. Oops..
    Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
      Actually, I just rewatched and jel is right. He said the guy saw him using magic, not healing Belle. So I guess maybe he did mean the fireball. Oops..
      It's only possible the driver saw the fireball, because as soon as the headlights appeared, Rumple doused the fireball and if the driver saw anything, it could be blamed on hallucinations due to the accident.

The events played out like this:
      Hooks shoots Belle.
      She falls across the line and loses her memory.
      Hook gloats.
      Rumple is about to throw a fireball at him, until headlights appear and he immediately douses the fireball.
      Rumple dives to the side to avoid being hit by the car.
      The car hits Hook, then crashes.
      As the car crashes and spins around, the airbag deploys in the driver's face (we see this after Emma & Co. show up).
      Rumple then heals Belle.
      I don't think there's any way the driver could have seen any of this if he was unconscious, which he certainly was when Emma dragged the EMT over to his car.

If the producers want to play it out the way they did with Rumple being upset about the possibility of the driver seeing stuff (and he claims he did at the end of the episode), fine.

But I still say it didn't happen that way and nothing is going to change my mind. I've rewatched the episode several times (as well as the previous episode), and it plays out just as I've described.

Comment

Thank you hedwig, back to cage you go (That name's from Harry Potter, right?)

Either way, Rumpel is the kind of guy that will kill you just to be safe regardless if you saw anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          This sprung to mind as soon as I saw Rumpel talking to Victor. Someone else wrote it but it's the thought that counts:

Also I think Emma should stop saying she has a super power by telling when people lie to her. That driver clearly lied and yet...Emma believes him.

Seriously, they need to be more consistent with what the rules are. They can't just decide what rules to follow and when.
          Perhaps she only THINKs she is infallible in detecting lies.. And I actually believed him too.. till i saw him crunch up and use the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Perhaps she only THINKs she is infallible in detecting lies.. And I actually believed him too.. till i saw him crunch up and use the phone.
            But didn't Emma seem odd in that see? Like she was clearly hiding something and trying to find out if he knew it.

Comment

What could she have been hiding though?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                What could she have been hiding though?
                That the town has magic and that she's clearly afraid he saw something

Comment

Kind of sad seeing Rush fail at bringing Belle's memories back. I guess he doesn't truly love her. I wonder if Emma kissed Belle would that give Belle back her memories. Emma kissed someone in season 1 and he got some of his memories back.

On a different note I kind of like that the title opening is different in each episode. I also like the clothes the not so evil queen wears in FTL.

Comment

It is nice, that the 'opening crawl' has something to do with the ep in it..

Comment

Working...
                    X