Horseshoes on a Spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horseshoes on a Spaceship

I recently watched the firefly collection (loved it btw) and I was very surprised to the see horseshoes being played in the episode War Stories. Being a avid sci-fi fan who also plays shoes on a regular basis, I had to fully examine the pit's and evaluate the feasibility. I took a long hard look, I think they work as is, the steel walkways would work well, the thin rubber pad around the pipe should slow the bounce of the shoe just enough to keep them close to the pipe when you hit a good shot.

I did notice that there were 3 set's of shoes around the far pipe and only 2 people playing, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were only getting warmed up at the time.

The firefly gets my vote for best spaceship ever just for having horseshoe pit's on board!

ekym

They ride horses too in at least one episode, so the horseshoes aren't completely anachronistic.
    sigpic

Comment

I watched Nathan Fillion in this scene, and after close examination. I believe the camera person filmed the perfect 1 flip and "on" the pipe for a 3 pointer. Most likely Nathan was already pretty dam good at pitching horseshoes, because it's not an easy thing to do randomly, sure if you film allot of try's and only show the one that lucks on, that's one thing, but the shoes he through looked like a nicely thrown shoe to me. One flip only and open at the pipe.

I would love to play a game on those pits!

myke

Comment

Working...
      X