Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GateWorld Newbie - Different Atlantis DVD sets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Newbie - Different Atlantis DVD sets?

First of all, herro ^_^ Huge Stargate fan and have been since my dad got me into it... 10 years ago, now (when it aired on Sci-Fi)? God, that's incredible to think about as I'm only 19 now O_o Anyway, I've used this site a decent amount and I figured it was time to make an account And now, down to business.

(In an attempt to watch the entire Stargate franchise for the first time in proper, chronological order) I watched the very first episode of Atlantis via Amazon Prime, but they cut a few minutes out. That was a big enough no-no for me to just buy the first two seasons on DVD instead. I didn't have the money for any other seasons, though, so I watched seasons 3 and 4 online, stopping at the end of season 4. For Christmas, I got seasons 3-5. I was itching to watch the first couple episodes of season 5 (and then Continuum) when I realized the packaging was different.

Season 1 DVD set (that I own)
    Season 2 DVD set (that I own)

Other Season 1 DVD set
    Other Season 2 DVD set

The seasons that I got for Christmas are similar to the latter two links (5 discs in a regular-sized DVD package instead of a slightly larger box set with 3 sub-DVD boxes). My question is whether or not the two have any differences between them. I didn't know that more than one type of DVD set could be sold so I was hesitant to even open the 5th season.

Thoughts, any other similar experiences like mine? Any info would be highly helpful. Thanks in advance, all!

It doesn't appear that you can edit posts so let me say "Thank you" to the mods. Wasn't even thinking when I put this in the "General Discussion" section :/

Comment

Originally posted by Metallica93 View Post
      It doesn't appear that you can edit posts so let me say "Thank you" to the mods. Wasn't even thinking when I put this in the "General Discussion" section :/
      sorry cant speak on the issue you've got but as far as editing posts you can edit them but i believe you need to have a certain amount of green(reputation points) to do it. i'll help get ya started.

Comment

I believe some of the issues I'm having will resolve themselves once I go from "Probie" to "Basic Trainee," but let me thank both you, themeatcleaver, and WraithTech for the +rep.

I feel loved already

Comment

Sorry to "bump" my own thread, but is it safe to assume that the two sets of DVDs released for Atlantis contain the exact same material? If I want to return them I'd have to do it by next week, hence the rushing. Thanks again, guys and gals

Comment

Working...
          X