This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continue The Show

Hiyas, everyone. Lemmie just say, first, I love Stargate the movie... I loved the show since I first saw it on Sci Fi.

That being said I want to say I am afraid of the course it's taking. I believe there will be no SGC or SG-1 with out the origional four. Or at least copys of them. I didn't watch the sixth season because of Daniel, and I most likely(sp?) won't watch it with out Sam. Doesn't mean I won't give it a fair chance. But, if I could continue the show my own way, I would make a new SG-1... woth old characters. Bring back Cassie, Rya'c, and Little Jack... but then I wondered who would take on the charge of resident archeologist... I would put a furling there. If you want to stop reading here, that's okay, but here is how I would continue the series and I would love to hear how you would do it too.

I would have Little Jack(I'm caling him John now) sign up at the SGC. Can Jack really stay away from the Stargate? I'd put Rya'c and Cassie on his team and then introduce A furling... shapeshifters. Maybe that's how they got the name. They look like humans who turn into animals. I'd make them a quick study and very traditional. Imagine a banter between the furling and Cassie about the proper treatings of women. Anyway, since the furlings are quick to study, this one could learn to act much like Daniel. and since we have Jack in a mini form, we still have the fun banter. ^_^ But this is just what I would do. What would you do?
    Still Smiling,
    ^_^,ll..

It would just depend. I'd honestly like to see what it would be like run by different people, which season nine gives us, as long as the old characters have guest apperances.

And season 6 has to be my favorite season ever. Jonas, being the new guy, brought a lot of changes, and it was interesting to see everyone getting used to him, and Jack learning to trust him.

So, though the show might go on, character changes are part of the deal, and because I love Stargate, no matter what, I will continue on watching it.

Comment

theres already a thread about this

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8628
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

no i think the show needs to stop now, to many shows get butchered when they are coming to an end and stargate is going the same way, no jack, no sam for the first 5 eps, its crap, these new characters will suck, they just need to end the show before it turns to crap big time.

Comment

i like the stargate universe....to me it is more than characters. i liked season 6 and i dont mind the show with new characters. is there a show w/jack or sam? i think so, if you only watch for those 2 people then hey ur lose but i like the mythology of the show. atlantis doesnt have jack or sam. the mythology of the show is what makes it good.

that being said given that they tied up SO many story lines this season I think that season 9 or 10 is it. I dont think it should go on for much longer than that. if they do it right, season 9 could end it and rightly so. all that is left to really explain is ancients, the plague, asgard, alliance of 4----that is what IMHO ties most into the ideology.
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by LsK
            no i think the show needs to stop now, to many shows get butchered when they are coming to an end and stargate is going the same way, no jack, no sam for the first 5 eps, its crap, these new characters will suck, they just need to end the show before it turns to crap big time.
            Wow, so quick to judge w/o even meeting or getting to know the new characters, eh?

-Bloodaxe

Comment

I used to think that way...
              But now..I like the changes...I think a show NEEDS to change every now and then to keep things fresh.

While I WILL miss the Jack character alot...I think Ben fills that gap nicely. And when it's time for Sam to leave..i'm sure there will be another character added that I will end up liking just as much I imagine 5 more seasons later...it'll just be one of the originals left
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

There's no need to assume that this will turn into late-X-files before we even see it! I for one agree that its the universe of Stargate that has the staying power, much more so than the X-files did once Mulder was gone, so I am waiting and seeing.

I mean, they can NEVER ruin what's come before, and so I say, great, go off and make Season 9 as if it were a half-spin-off, but with 80% the same cast. I'll be there!

Comment

Stargate has always been more plot driven to me than character driven. So even if they completely replaced the cast, I'd probably still watch it. That's not to say I'd be jumping for joy about a total cast change, though. I like the characters a lot, they're just not what keeps me tuning in week after week.
                  MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

There will still be atlantis if sg1 ends
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Most shows only survive five to six seasons on average. Once a show begins hitting season 7,8 or even 9, things may begin to get old. (However, Stargate will never "get old" in my opinion). Everyone here knows of the huge changes occuring in SG-1 now and in upcoming seasons. In my opinion, I would rather SG-1 ended on a good solid note, then be dragged on just because people don't want it to end. One poor season will completely and utterly destroy all the high quality seasons before it. (In SG-1's case, the somewhat mediocre 6th, 7th and 8th seasons - at least acccording to the general concensus here at GW). It won't take much to bomb the show in my opinion. And once that happens, there's no chance for recovery.

Comment

I would mind if they changed all the characters but I would still like the show, because like most of the other people said the plots are good and just the overall idea for the show is. My reply to those people who think they should stop making more episodes or seasons is, "If you don't like, don't watch it." I want this show to go to season 10 or 11 if that's even possible. Shows don't get butchered, seasons and episodes do, so if you don't like the direction they're going watch the reruns and don't complain and say it's gone on long enough. Compain if you'd like to see changes though, but not to stop the show. Anyway, that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                          Wow, so quick to judge w/o even meeting or getting to know the new characters, eh?

-Bloodaxe
                          Thats right, if this is the last season it should stay the way it is not bring in some other losers.

Comment

Originally posted by LsK
                            Thats right, if this is the last season it should stay the way it is not bring in some other losers.
                            And who do you have in mind to take over the SGC when Jack's gone then? Walter? Thing is, if characters are departing, they need to bring in new guys, and it is incredibly narrow-minded to consider them to be "losers" w/o knowing a darn thing about 'em. In fact, new characters replacing the departing characters should be welcomed rather than dreaded, since they add a certain freshness to a series that's needed when it's entering a 9th season. And it's not like the newbies are replacing all characters; just one.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by MoyraFrost
                              Hiyas, everyone. Lemmie just say, first, I love Stargate the movie... I loved the show since I first saw it on Sci Fi.

That being said I want to say I am afraid of the course it's taking. I believe there will be no SGC or SG-1 with out the origional four. Or at least copys of them. I didn't watch the sixth season because of Daniel, and I most likely(sp?) won't watch it with out Sam. Doesn't mean I won't give it a fair chance. But, if I could continue the show my own way, I would make a new SG-1... woth old characters. Bring back Cassie, Rya'c, and Little Jack... but then I wondered who would take on the charge of resident archeologist... I would put a furling there. If you want to stop reading here, that's okay, but here is how I would continue the series and I would love to hear how you would do it too.

I would have Little Jack(I'm caling him John now) sign up at the SGC. Can Jack really stay away from the Stargate? I'd put Rya'c and Cassie on his team and then introduce A furling... shapeshifters. Maybe that's how they got the name. They look like humans who turn into animals. I'd make them a quick study and very traditional. Imagine a banter between the furling and Cassie about the proper treatings of women. Anyway, since the furlings are quick to study, this one could learn to act much like Daniel. and since we have Jack in a mini form, we still have the fun banter. ^_^ But this is just what I would do. What would you do?
                              Feel free to write fanfics like this, but it wouldn't make for good TV in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X