Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now stargate has finished, do you find our current earth tech boring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now stargate has finished, do you find our current earth tech boring?

I've always loved my gadgets and gizmos. I love anything with blinky leds, dials, gauges, sensors etc yet ever since stargate I've been hooked on it along with its ultra cool alien (and earth) tech.

Now stargate has gone, no matter how cool the real life stuff I look at is, it just seems.. BORING!

Anyone else suffering with this?

Yes. There are other sci fi shows out there, but Stargate in all its forms was unique in some way. I like how the technology slowly but steadily progressed throughout the series...serieses (What the heck is the plural of series? Is it already plural? I'm an English teacher and I have no clue.) If only my smartphone also had a lifesigns detector and personal shield... I'd rather not sign up as a beta tester on beaming tech, though .

Comment

It does look boring yes but since there is always research done and inventions made maybe some day, we'll have much cooler things here as well
      But I have to say I would not like all stuff they have in there becauise some inventions have turned out to cause more trouble than being helpful

Comment

I actually find it pretty neat to compare our actual tech to the fictional stuff. Sometimes our real stuff is simply amazing, on others I like to think that maybe it really was developed based on some hidden alien tech research.

Comment

Real science, real technology; it will always be far more amazing than anything in fiction, simply because it is real.

Comment

I liked the sg-tech but some smart phones and tablets and PC-s look much cooler. And Snowman37 is right. Real is always much better, at least in tech wise.
            To leoncamile:I think it's series's, not absulutely sure though.
            sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
            X