• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Enemy of Fate (513)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE - SEASON FIVE
    AN ENEMY OF FATE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 513
    With the fate of the world hanging in the balance, the Fringe team attempts to execute Walter's plan to alter the future -- as Windmark and the Observers close the noose around them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 May 2015, 12:00 AM.

one word: AWESOME

predictable, but still a great finish to a great series.

Comment

I am going to miss this show so much. A beautiful ending though. Yes, it was a bit predictable in some areas, and I do have a few lingering questions. I am just not going to let those questions take away from my enjoyment of this amazing series finale. In the end, it was nice to see Peter, Olivia, and Etta happy together.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Pardon me while I go cry
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That ending made no sense. For Peter to be with that Olivia after a time reset. Walter would had to have still kidnap him. All right fair enough. But there was no September around to save Peter from the lake ?
          Last edited by TheRandomOne; 19 January 2013, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
            That ending made no sense. For Peter to be with that Olivia after a time reset. Walter would had to have still kidnap him. All right fair enough. But there was no September around to save Peter from the lake ?
            Even so, September (or was it August?) would have never distracted Walternate from making the cure, and so Walter would never have crossed in the first place.

Maybe Walter instructed them to do some things in order to keep the timeline the same up to that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              Even so, September (or was it August?) would have never distracted Walternate from making the cure, and so Walter would never have crossed in the first place.

Maybe Walter instructed them to do some things in order to keep the timeline the same up to that moment.
              Fringe had the same problem as Lost. When it came to the ending they had piled up so much backstory that there was no way to come up with completely consistent ending. Lost copped out by not answering anything. Fringe at least had a somewhat consistent ending. Though there a holes in the story you could create universes with.

Comment

A five minute recap or so showing us how things were different with the reset & how it got to that point. Probably would have been ideal

Comment

I thought it was great, a lot of it was predictable in some ways (I always thought Peter and Olivia would end up back in that park with Etta) but there was so many little great references and moments that it really was a great finale. Glad that it was a happy ending at least for Peter and Olivia, I know Walter is off eating liquorice in the future but it represented a theme of the show, as September talked about, that fathers protected their sons and strived to give them a better life; for Walter it was no longer that he was being punished for his past actions (e.g. breaking universes) but had a chance to give something back instead

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  remember though, that in this timeline September didn't save Peter from the lake, he was erased; he didn't need the Observers to do anything for him to keep on existing as it was the whole circumstances involving the machine/Olivia/Walter that brought him back

I imagine it would have changed some details of course, cases they worked, but then you have to think, given the nature of the Observers and how they were simply a potential future would they have been totally erased anyway and Olivia/Peter might still remember their past dealings because of all the funky time related stuff they have done (Olivias cortexiphan etc etc)

Comment

would have wanted to see the future life and how walter and the kid will save the world

in this episode they sed it will be reseted in 2015 year when observers started to evade the earth .. they didnt want to reset it in the past when first 12 observers traweled back in time

it was all about the observers invation that last season but still would have wanted to see at least more 10min of how walter and the kid do in the future

but yeah some part of that show got so mixed with stories that a lot didnt make sense
                    like when september went to appartment 513 to talk with old friend observator and he sed we will be erased
                    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I loved the ending The boys behind Sg1 could take a lesson! Did anyone notice his eyes were blue at the end of the finale?

Comment

I enjoyed the ending. Good end to a great show. Sad to see it go but thankful tptb were given the opportunity to see it through.

Not going to bog myself down in the possible time travel inconsistencies/weirdness....especially considering I have still yet to watch S4 so I'm not up to speed on what happened after Peter stepped into the machine at the end of S3.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by dianne66 View Post
                          I loved the ending The boys behind Sg1 could take a lesson! Did anyone notice his eyes were blue at the end of the finale?
                          What's the importance of that?

I just wonder was the actor that knocked Broyles down, when he escaped, the stunt man from Stargate, Sgt. Riley?

I also would note that the whole thing started with Walter taking a boy through a portal and closed with it as well.

Last thing, at the 2012 San Diego Comic Con, John Noble said he thought it would be possible for a future movie. Though I doubt it will happen, I wonder what brought up that thought to him...

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                            would have wanted to see the future life and how walter and the kid will save the world

in this episode they sed it will be reseted in 2015 year when observers started to evade the earth .. they didnt want to reset it in the past when first 12 observers traweled back in time

it was all about the observers invation that last season but still would have wanted to see at least more 10min of how walter and the kid do in the future

but yeah some part of that show got so mixed with stories that a lot didnt make sense
                            like when september went to appartment 513 to talk with old friend observator and he sed we will be erased
                            What they wanted to change was irrelevant. They erased the observers, the entire future they came from.

No observers, so Peter never crosses universes at all. The war with the otherside never happens. The machine never exists to create the bridge either so Lincoln never went to live with the other Olivia. Peter and our Olivia never even meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                              What they wanted to change was irrelevant. They erased the observers, the entire future they came from.

No observers, so Peter never crosses universes at all. The war with the otherside never happens. The machine never exists to create the bridge either so Lincoln never went to live with the other Olivia. Peter and our Olivia never even meet.
                              But we saw them in the park playing in 2015. Then Peter got the letter Walter sent him. How did Walter send the letter? Did they have the Plan before the invasion started? I thought the plan was developed post-invasion which means Walter also sent the letter in the past.

The way they explained it, the invasion never happened, but everything else did. Peter is still stuck in a universe where he and his alternate died. Peter is still stuck in a universe where Olivia only has memories of the original timeline, but grew up with Nina as a surrogate mother.

Comment

Working...
                              X