X-Men: Days of Future's Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Men: Days of Future's Past

What's the scoop on X-Men: Days of Future's Past? I've read this will involve time travel. Is this going to reboot the saga ala Star Trek (2009)? What I am hoping we'll see is an alternate future where changing the past brings the future of the original trilogy into existence. Think that'll happen?

They did a terrific adaptation of this story in the 90s FOX cartoon. I hope the movie does it justice.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That doesn't answer my question...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        They did a terrific adaptation of this story in the 90s FOX cartoon. I hope the movie does it justice.
        I've always found this story interesting whenever it's been done, i believe they were going to do it in s2 of wolverine and the x-men aswell but alas that was not meant to be

I'm looking forward to this movie tho hopefully they will forget about x-men last stand or even re-write some things from that film

Wonder if they will get Taylor Kitsch to reprise his role as Gambit
        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 08 December 2012, 08:30 PM.
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I don't watch cartoons, so I have no idea what ya'll are talking about.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          I'm looking forward to this movie tho hopefully they will forget about x-men last stand or even re-write some things from that film
          Why forget about The Last Stand? It was a great ending to the conflict between the X-Men and the Brotherhood. That said, I would not mind a time travel story altering the future in favor of new stories. However, I still think it would be cool if time travel caused the future of the original trilogy to happen.

Comment

I wouldn't bet on it. Remember how awesome the 90s cartoon did the Phoneix Saga and how poorly the movies butchered it?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, they really did. I loved that X-Men series.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I wouldn't bet on it. Remember how awesome the 90s cartoon did the Phoneix Saga and how poorly the movies butchered it?
                I have faith. Especially after how good First Class turned out.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  The Phoenix was only in one movie. How, exactly, was it butchered?

Comment

Read the comics
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I also wonder if/when they might do bishop, or cable/stryfe?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I also wonder if/when they might do bishop, or cable/stryfe?
                        Either of those options would be amazing to see onscreen.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Incidentally, the story is called "Days of Future Past" (not "Future's").
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So, does anyone have any news on the new movie? So far, I'll I've seen is talk of comic books and cartoons. I don't follow either, so references are lost on me.

Comment

Hopefully lots of news will start coming out shortly.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X