Star Trek Enterprise D Bridge Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Enterprise D Bridge Restoration

Have you all heard about this? These guys have one of the Enterprise D Bridge sets and they're turning it into a totally Interactive Museum.

The Kickstarter page: Click Me

The facebook page: Click me

They already have Bill Shatner, Ronald D. Moore, Herman Zimmerman, Mike Okuda, and the ENTIRE ST TNG Cast supporting them in this endevour (except for Sir Patrick Stewart) and they're raising money on Kickstarter to turn the Paramount built Bridge Set they own into a fully interactive, educational museum and simulator.

Help them out! Even if you don't donate, please, spread the word!

How many Enterprise D Bridges are there?! I sat in Picard's chair on the full bridge set that 'The Star Trek Experience' had when the exhibition visited Vancouver this summer. They also had Picard's cabin, along with the transporter pad section that you could stand on and be 'beamed up' as well as loads of costumes and props from all the shows and the 2009 movie.

Comment

There were 3 complete bridges ever created. 1 for the show and 2 for the Vegas Experience. The show one was destroyed in Generations. One bridge as far as I know travels right now, but is not complete or 100% accurate (to the show specs, ST experience changed things for "easier access").

This is one of the bridges from the Experience and it is being recreated 100% to spec. It will also become fully interactive just like in the TV show.

Here, watch this video

Comment

Thanks for that.

It will be great to see the fully interactive bridge set. Nice idea to use it as an educational tool, a kind of 'Planetarium' and as a means for charities to get some money. Hope they succeed. The 'Haunted Halloween Studio Tours' events that Bridge Studios did on the Stargate sets were very successful and raised money for worthy childrens' charities, so it's a great idea that works well.

Comment

Definitely. Anything that has the potential to help people, I personally will support. I think that is something that more people should get involved in. Helping others (not necessarily this project, that wasn't a "selling point" just in general)

This project isn't just for fun, but the people who have started it ultimately are doing it for everyone in general. Star Trek might not be everyone's forte, but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. Personally, if I were a student, for example, I would much rather learn about science in something interactive. A classroom setting can only take your imagination so far. This could give the imagination a little "nudge" and maybe make it more exciting.

Supporting charities like Habitat and Make A Wish are worthwhile as well.

I do have some updates.

Paramount itself, yes THE Paramount, has said they will support us and they are donating different merchandise for the Bridge Museum to give away during donations to raise funds. (as a 501(c)3 we can't be a profit based company, so everything the project needs will come through donations).

Several new actors/actresses/celebrities get behind the project:

Harry Knowles,
          Adrianne Curry,
          Kate Micucci,
          Traci Lords
          and Grant Imahara

Thats all in the past two days so the project team is very excited. Also, even if people can't donate money, please, pass the word along!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            How many Enterprise D Bridges are there?!
            There were only ever two sets. There was the main bridge featured in the series and Generations. Then there was the battle bridge featured in three episodes of the series. The battle bridge was a redress of the original Enterprise bridge set from the first four movies. After Generations was filmed, the main bridge was dismantled to make room for Voyager's bridge. I don't know what happened to the battle bridge set, probably reused again and again as various bridges, command centers, and what not. The E-D bridge set was recreated for Star Trek: The Experience, and it looks like that is what is being restored, not the original set.

Normally I would find something like this to be a waste of money, especially in today's economy. However, the Enterprise-D bridge set was one of the best sets ever constructed for a TV series. A permanent replica sounds really cool, and hey... given how hard the world is today... why not a little fantasy? That's why movies and books still sell despite the economy. Sometimes, people need to let their imaginations fly between working and cleaning the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              The E-D bridge set was recreated for Star Trek: The Experience, and it looks like that is what is being restored, not the original set.
              Correct, as stated above, but the difference is this one is being built to the series specs. The Experience bridge was different in many ways.

The bridge will also support different charities. Its just a dream I hope to see come true. You're right, we do need a little fantasy sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X