Jacob Carter/Carmen Argenziano Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wass
    I had quick look around there wasn’t a thread on this subject so I am going to create one.

I just want say what great character Jacob Carter had become over the years he will be truly missed. But I do understand why TPTB decided to finish the character for gooD. Sam and others needed a closure and also considering season 9 is going in different direction Jacob will no longer needed it was graceful ending for one of my favourite characters.

I really loved the relationship between Sam and
    her Dad, it was so beutifully played by both Amanda and Carmen that it really did feel like you were watching father and daughter.
    I will miss this side of Stargate very much and
    to be honest although tptb gave Jacob a very moving end, i felt that maybe they could have had Salmak die in the same that Joinar died in Sam, that way tptb could have explored the Gou'ld tecnology with both Sam and her father and also see how Jacob deals with the loss of Salmak.
    ......TARA......

Comment

After meeting Carmen this weekend at Shore Leave I'm resurrecting this thread. I told Carmen how much he is missed on the show and he was genuinely touched.

So what is your favorite Jacob/Selmak moment?
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
        After meeting Carmen this weekend at Shore Leave I'm resurrecting this thread. I told Carmen how much he is missed on the show and he was genuinely touched.

So what is your favorite Jacob/Selmak moment?
        When Selmak(who was still in Saroosh) was shining the bright lights in his eyes and asking him the tough questions, as she had to decide if she LIKED him before she blended with him.

Helena
        sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
        Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by qksilver99
          When Selmak(who was still in Saroosh) was shining the bright lights in his eyes and asking him the tough questions, as she had to decide if she LIKED him before she blended with him.

Helena
          <---waves! hey!

That was a beautiful moment. They really seemed to hit it off. Also, Jacob seems very different in that scene than when we first saw him trying to get Sam into NASA. Carmen did a great job of portraying that!

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
            So...with this story change, will there be another Tok'ra to serve SGC as he has done in the past?
            I don't think so. We've probably seen the end of the Tokra. Just like TPTB hoped to eliminate Sam Carter Good thing she has a strong fan base, just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
              I don't think so. We've probably seen the end of the Tokra. Just like TPTB hoped to eliminate Sam Carter Good thing she has a strong fan base, just saying...
              Yes, the Tok'ra met a strange and sudden end. Like they don't exist any more. I for one wonder about them...

At Shore Leave I asked Carmen about any chances of an AU Jacob coming back. He said he didn't know but let's hope.

So, let's hope! Let's keep this thread going and maybe someone will realize Carmen has a fan base too!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                At Shore Leave I asked Carmen about any chances of an AU Jacob coming back. He said he didn't know but let's hope.

So, let's hope! Let's keep this thread going and maybe someone will realize Carmen has a fan base too!
                How could such an adorable man not have one???!!!

I've uploaded pictures of Carmen from Shore Leave to my LJ galleries.

http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/

There's some there of Corin & still am working on the Jamie and Amanda pix.
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  How could such an adorable man not have one???!!!

I've uploaded pictures of Carmen from Shore Leave to my LJ galleries.

http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/

There's some there of Corin & still am working on the Jamie and Amanda pix.
                  Can't wait - I have none of Jamie to date.

Oh, and I agree - he absolutely has a fan base. I just want someone over at Bridge to realize what WE already know and bring him back!

Comment

One of my favorite scenes (I liked almost all of them with him in it) was when he had to apologize to Jack for saying they were all going to die.

O'Neill: I distinctly remember you saying we weren't going to make it.
                    Jacob: I over-reacted. I apologize.
                    O'Neill: Well, we made it. So maybe next time you could reserve judgement.
                    Jacob: What, and miss my last chance of being right? [Walks away].
                    O'Neill: What?
                    Sam: Welcome to my world.
                    Daniel: Looking anywhere but at Jack.

That entire scene was just great.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      One of my favorite scenes (I liked almost all of them with him in it) was when he had to apologize to Jack for saying they were all going to die.

Yes, I thought this scene with Jacob and Jack banter was funny!!! I also met Carmen last weekend at Shore Leave. He was warm, friendly, and genuine. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was seeing Amanda, Carmen, and Corin on stage together **sighs** Sam, Dad,and Jonas!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Jacob: Of course Col O'Neill is always fun to have around.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

Yup, that's a good one - hilarious, great dynamics. Also, the 'welcome to MY world' is one of my favorite Sam quotes.

Comment

Hi all, newbie to this thread here.

I'm glad we have a thread for Jacob. He was one of my favorite characters and I wish they didn't have to kill him off (I have my own theory as to why it was done, but I'm not going to share it). I loved the chemistry between him and Sam. As for my favorite Jacob moment... I really can't think of one, although I really liked the scene in Meridian where he came into the infirmary and gave Sam a hug. I thought it was really touching and a nice show of love and support for her, as she was so upset about her friend dying.

I met Carmen at ICON in March. He was really sweet. I have a con report and pics up on my site if anyone's interested in seeing them.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                              Hi all, newbie to this thread here.

I'm glad we have a thread for Jacob. He was one of my favorite characters and I wish they didn't have to kill him off (I have my own theory as to why it was done, but I'm not going to share it). I loved the chemistry between him and Sam. As for my favorite Jacob moment... I really can't think of one, although I really liked the scene in Meridian where he came into the infirmary and gave Sam a hug. I thought it was really touching and a nice show of love and support for her, as she was so upset about her friend dying.

I met Carmen at ICON in March. He was really sweet. I have a con report and pics up on my site if anyone's interested in seeing them.
                              A warm and hearty 'Charmin' Carmen' welcome to you! Where's that report and the pics?

Comment

Here's a pic of me and Carmen from Shore Leave 28. He is such a sweet, funny, and genuine human being. And a paisan, might I add....

Comment

Working...
                                X