The Snowmen (2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Glow View Post
    Here's the best explanation for Clara imo.
    Mod insert : Spoilers on Spec through S7 under the tags.

Spoiler:
    Clara is a manifestation of the TV show itself.

1. In Asylum, her last name is Oswald. The other guy we meet from the Alaska, his name is Harvey. Lee harvey Oswald killed JFK on November 22nd, 1963, the same day the first episode of Doctor Who was set to air.

2. Clara was born on November 23rd per her gravestone. She dies at age 26. The original series ran for 26 years.

3. Clara has died twice and been brought back a third time now, or at least will be when the next episode airs. The TV show has been cancelled twice. Once in 1989, and again after the failed 1996 pilot in America. The show was brought back for a third run.

4. Clara breaks the 4th wall in Asylum and speaks directly to the camera, something no other character has ever done in the new series. Again, implying she is beyond a character in the TV show itself.

One other thing about Clara.

Spoiler:
    Oswin Oswald. Initials are O.O. The second manifestation, her name became Clara Oswin Oswald. Initials are C.O.O. I'm willing to bet that in her third manifestation, he is Clara Oswin Oswald L*****, so her initials are C.O.O.L. Why? Because Doctor Who is cool!

One more thing

Spoiler:
    This may mean that the 50th anniversary special will focus on the Doctor breaking through into "our" universe, so to speak, where Doctor Who is just a TV Series. The Doctor meets actors Matt Smith, David Tennant, Chris Eccelston, and all the others who played the character. He meets with the actors and actresses who played companions, producers, etc. I would have to think a crossover is in store if we're breaking the 4th wall here.
    Huh, I never got any of that. Congratulations for working that all out!

Comment

This episode was terrible, self-indulgent claptrap.

Also Clara's death could had been avoided if you just shut the door on the ice monster you knew was chasing you.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Verry good ep. in my opinion. I laught, I cried, I was thrilled. And I was many times like "WHAT?!", "You're kidding me" (meening Moffat/the producers), for example whith the Sherlock Holmes thing. And in the end I was all like "No way, you can't stop here. You can't do this to me!" Such a mean cliffhanger. Can't wait to see where this is going.

I was doubtfull if I would like the new companion, coause I was quite sad, when Amy an Rory left. But I realy do like Clara and I like the way the Doctor is affected my her. Even though I thought "Hang on, you're just married. Isn't this a bit quick. On the other side, I was never thought the flirting with River was very convincing, if pretty amusing. But I hope River will be back at some point. She is a good charakter.

Don't know if I like the thing with the other aliens tring to bring back teh Doctor, though. It was... I don't know. Well like I said, still unsure here.
        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

The Sontaran was the best part of this ep
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

#Straxforcompanion is trending on twitter.... i've joined the campaign

okay, now honestly, am i the only one who wasn't sad to see Amy and Rory go? i mean, don't get me wrong, i loved the Ponds as much as the next whovian, but i honestly thought they didn't need to come back for s7....
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

I am sure they will at least do some silly cameo towards the end of the season.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                I am sure they will at least do some silly cameo towards the end of the season.
                Well, it doesn't make any sense that the Doctor can't go back and visit them, or even bring them forward in time after they spend a year or two in the past. Otherwise it would mean he can never visit earth between the time Amy and Rory went back up until their death.

I suspect that he will visit them and for some reason they want to stay in the past. Possibly Amy will have a child and they can't leave their time because it would be bad for the child. And they no longer want to go on adventures with the Doctor.

Comment

so far, rumors say Vastra, Jenny, and Strax will reappear sometime in the next half of the season... River's only in one ep near the season finale.... they've managed to keep a v tight lid on the big 50.... i mean i've heard that Billie's confirmed, and then i hear she hasn't even been asked.... it's all contradictory data being thrown around and no one seems to know the absolute truth.....

techs, there's a deleted scene that never got filmed b/c it just didn't fit into the ep.... anyways, Amy and Rory adopt a boy, and he travels to London to deliver a letter to Brian detailing their life in Manhattan... it's a very tear-jerker scene... so completely filled with feels.... oh god, the feels! i'll see if i can find it for you....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                    #Straxforcompanion is trending on twitter.... i've joined the campaign

okay, now honestly, am i the only one who wasn't sad to see Amy and Rory go? i mean, don't get me wrong, i loved the Ponds as much as the next whovian, but i honestly thought they didn't need to come back for s7....
                    I was sad to see them go however I was happy to have someone new! And really, Clara is cool enough but Strax is awesome! I lost it when he went "quiet, boy!"

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I was sad to see them go however I was happy to have someone new! And really, Clara is cool enough but Strax is awesome! I lost it when he went "quiet, boy!"
                      i managed to keep it together, but then lost it when he said he seemed to have been run over by a carriage.... also, "who do you think i am?" "sherlcok holmes!" i just about died x3
                      sigpic

Comment

This one was just as funny IMO as the other specials have been. And yeah, the mystery of Clara is really interesting. I also liked the new look TARDIS.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X