X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Stargate Atlantis Stars in the 20th Anniversary Syfy Special

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, this makes me so mad. I just saw this link on FB:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Just no words. I'm happy they are keeping the memory of SG1 alive but not even one star from SGA? I'm sure David H would have some fun memories to share, he even made a movie for the frickin network!

sigpic

Thier was no one from SGU either. Given time constraits I can understand they can't include people from every show SyFy produced. Given SG1 was the most popular I can see the logic of highlighting that versus the spinoffs
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

They have a ****load of people from Defiance (which hasn't even aired yet) and folks from Lost Girl and Alphas which might be good shows but have garnered 1/2 the ratings SGA did. They could have included ONE person from SGA, a show that was good to them for quite a few years.
      sigpic

Comment

But they are their own distinct shows. SGA was just a spin off and hinders variety for SyFy
        Jelgate is right

Comment

SGA and SGU may have been spin-offs, but they were spinoffs of a very successful franchise that certainly defined the network for many, many years and at least SGA was successful in it's own right. BSG has produced it's own share of spinoffs and I see they are being represented - at least Caprica, which was cancelled fairly quickly As far as variety goes, how many versions/copies of 'Ghost Hunters' does SyFy run now - as well as wrestling. Not exactly true to the network's original vision.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll also add that 'Being Human' and 'Continuum are not even SyFy originals.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
              I'll also add that 'Being Human' and 'Continuum are not even SyFy originals.
              The North American Being Human is
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Caprica was a spin off, wasn't it?
                sigpic

Comment

Atlantis stood on its' own for several years. It did quite well for most of that. Better ratings than Lost Girl, that's for sure. It's a part of a brilliant past - SciFi Friday and I'd have thought they'd at least have interviewed David Hewlett who also has done production and voice over work for the network and was on all three Stargates. (Heck, Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Jewel Staite, Paul McGillion and others have all had parts in their cheesy movies.)
                  sigpic

Comment

That sucks, but sadly doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      The North American Being Human is
                      They badly re-made a good BBC series...
                      sigpic

Comment

How are ratings even relevent in this. Farscape was never a huge ratings grabs but is still one of SciFi's most known show.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                          They badly re-made a good BBC series...
                          Personal opinion is irrelvent
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            How are ratings even relevent in this. Farscape was never a huge ratings grabs but is still one of SciFi's most known show.
                            Ok, then, look at financials. Sci-fi cons featuring the main cast of SGA are extremely well-attended, and not just in the US. Joe, David and company continue to be huge draws.
                            sigpic

Comment

SyFy is not going to care about what fans so when it appeals to the much larger casual viewers
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X