No announcement yet.

Why no novels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed that there are some writers, even on this very thread, that could put out an amazing novelization of the continuation of SGU. I, like many of you, really wish that would come to fruition but I believe MGM wants to hold on to the rights. I understand that there is possibly a comic coming out but I'm just not much of a comic fan. I will probably give it a shot as long as it's the legit authorized version of events. I get the fanfic thing, but I want to know what the real story is that was written by professionals. Maybe MGM wants to hold on to the rights, so they can use the SGU storyline as part of a future show. Not a continuation of SGU but a future new Stargate show that is able to have mentions of past missions and will have the Destiny's mission as part of that. Crazy idea...post apocalyptic earth with a new military/culture with human and alien members "re-find" the long buried SGC with all the mission notes of previous Air Force missions. Decides to go in search of the "lost" tau'ri people who fled earth during a Great War with some alien race. Includes finding Atlantis again (which was used by humans to flee, and Destiny which was gated to as well as a means of escape etc..) Crap...I just wrote my own fanfic.

Comment

The new Stargate Universe comic series is solicited for a May 2017 release.

Here's the blurb:

Stargate Universe begins right where Season Two of the acclaimed science fiction TV series ended, with the crew and unwilling passengers of Destiny set to cross a vast expanse of space with no margin for error. With almost all of the willing and unwilling crew of the ancient starship Destiny in suspended animation, only Eli Wallace is left awake to repair his own stasis pod before time runs out. While he races against time, a new and unexpected danger threatens the fragile plan designed to keep everyone alive and away from the aliens who had been pursuing them. What strange new menace confronts Eli, Colonel Young, Doctor Rush and the others? You'll have to pick up this issue to find out!
      I'm glad they're taking a "Season Three" approach, but American Mythology still hasn't published (that I'm aware of) the #0 teaser issue for Stargate Universe: Icarus yet and that was supposed to have come out in 2016. Fingers crossed that this series launches in May as solicited but American Mythology is notoriously lax in their publishing schedule. Still, I'm pretty excited for this.

Comment

Saw the drafts online of the artwork. Have to say that the likeness of the characters seems a little off. I especially noticed it with Eli. I'm not much of a fan of comics so I'm not sure my opinion has much merit. It may be something that is fairly common and I'm just unaware.

Comment

I would definitely try some SGU novels if they came out with them, some of the SG1 and SGA novels are actually pretty good for non-canon pieces.

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
          Saw the drafts online of the artwork. Have to say that the likeness of the characters seems a little off. I especially noticed it with Eli. I'm not much of a fan of comics so I'm not sure my opinion has much merit. It may be something that is fairly common and I'm just unaware.
          I love and read alot of comics and there are alot of licensed comics out there that do achieve likeness to the character. Like Buffy, X-Files, Star Trek, and Star Wars for example. Even the good comics aren't accurate all the time though, I don't think it's completely necessary to have likeness to the characters in comics as long as you can still know which character is being portrayed.

(Sidenote: I would love to see Alex Ross do some Stargate covers...I can dream right?)

Comment

Working...
          X