X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone truly safe? Season 3 spoilers

I was thinking on this last night...

Is any character in TWD truly safe?
    After all the deaths we have had this season, is there a character you can guarantee will survive?
    The only one I can think of is Rick, but is he truly safe?

I was thinking the same thing after watching Killer Within, I Doubt even Rick is truly safe on this show, they seem to be moving farther and farther away from the comic material
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 24 November 2012, 04:28 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I think Rick and Carl are the only safe characters (safe from death anyway, not safe from maiming). For one, because they're the central comic characters. For two, because they're the series' POV characters.

Other than that though, nobody is safe. Just the way TWD should be
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I agree that Rick and Carl are safe for pretty much the show's run for the reasons Digi sites. Though when they ever do end the show and if it's on their terms then I could see Rick being killed.

I hope Daryl is safe...enough anyway and that he'll last past the season and on into the show but I wouldn't bet money on it. And I think Michonne is safe. You don't just introduce a comic favorite and kill her in the same season.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

When do we think the next death will be, as its been two episodes now without a major character dying...
          Im guessing someone will die in the next 2 episodes, as we seem to be drawing towards a confrontation between the two groups, and with Glenn and Maggie in Woodbury...

Im hoping Daryl survives as I quite like the him, and it would be suprising if they did kill off Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            I agree that Rick and Carl are safe for pretty much the show's run for the reasons Digi sites. Though when they ever do end the show and if it's on their terms then I could see Rick being killed.

I hope Daryl is safe...enough anyway and that he'll last past the season and on into the show but I wouldn't bet money on it. And I think Michonne is safe. You don't just introduce a comic favorite and kill her in the same season.
            I think Merle and Daryl are pretty safe for awhile as these characters were created for the tv show, and not in the comics

I know thats not much to go on but still
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I think Rick is probably the only safe one...since he is the main lead. But I hope Daryl doesn't die cuz he's my favorite charrie.... then I would have to say Carol, Hershel, Maggie and Glenn....are my next favs in that order pretty much and so I hope they all survive. I think Merle is close to being off'd very soon... he's just too crazy ...he's becoming the Shane of this season and then we have that crazy Governor which I don't read the comics but I would say they will either over take him and off him or they will just get out of dodge and leave him with this little fortress (maybe ransack it a bit) right there and Rick and Co will find a new location to hang out for s4
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I Think Merle will be around for awhile yet, Not just because of him not being a comic book character, but they have made his return such a big deal that i just dont see him dying any time soon, Daryl on the other hand isnt as safe as Merle
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

With how things have gone, I don't think anyone besides Rick and Carl are safe. I think those two characters will be around until the end.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    I Think Merle will be around for awhile yet, Not just because of him not being a comic book character, but they have made his return such a big deal that i just dont see him dying any time soon, Daryl on the other hand isnt as safe as Merle
                    I can see Merle being a big kill this season...or next. (and quite frankly hope he is because he deserves it.) It depends on how long the prison/governor/Woodbury storyline goes for. I can see it being carried over to the next season considering how much content there is to it, but then again they are diverging from the comics so never can tell how long. They might wrap it this season.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

By the way, can I ask that if you discuss stuff from episodes 7 and 8 next week, you spoiler tag it, as I have to wait a few days in the UK to see it

Comment

I guess no one is safe... except Rick... Karl could be killed to give Rick more guilt/pain etc... though I'd hope that wouldn't happen til the series was wrapping (not that I want that!). Alternatively... have Karl survive, thanks to what Rick has taught him... (This again for a final... perhaps even recast Karl, showing him in the future, still alive, wearing his daddy's police hat...)

Given the mysteries in Woodbury, I don't see it ending too quickly... though now we're heading for direct confrontation, I guess those mysteries could soon be revealed/wound up...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Other than Rick and Carl, there aren't any other characters that are truly safe.

There are major characters who will probably make it through for a long time, but none are 100%. My best guess of characters I see surviving for the foreseeable future are: Andrea, Daryl, and Maggie/Glenn.
                          sigpic

Comment

If were talking just s3 then i think Rick and Carl are pretty safe but thats probably it
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                            X