Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What do Admirals and Red Shirts have in Common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure this is another thing long time Trekkies have noticed:

Pretty much Either if you're at the Top of the Ranks in Starfleet you're going to be involved with some conspiracy and will usually die.

If you're a Red Shirt You're already dead for the most part.

So seems like the only "Safe"Position in the fleet is apparently the Captain MAYBE. Then again Starfleet isn't exactly a "Safe" Occupation....

Still yet another one of these "Noticed cause watched too much Star Trek" Threads lol
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Not sure about that. Admiral Ross did alright for himself from DS9. As did Admiral Nachayev from TNG....although having said that not even Picard liked her all that much. Admiral Paris as well. Most Admirals we see seem alright. There's just odd ones that seem to trip up either by dying or as you say getting involved in some sort of conspiracy.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that about those Admirals but seems like ones like Admiral Dougherty http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Matthew_Dougherty in Insurrection.....plus Admiral Janeway ended pretty badly in the Voyager Relaunch I think...then again in the books seems like the Admirals have problems. Course that first season of TNG episode with those aliens that infested the Starfleet Admirals...and that Commander I can't remember his name that was killed....

I'll have to refresh my Trek Memory by Watching/Reading things again.
      Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

I liked the s1 Admirals lol
        One of them found the Fountain of Youth(that was of course never mentioned again), a couple of them took over Starfleet Command, one beat the hell out of Riker.

Good times.
        As for redshirts, they just get killed. The difference is that they die hilariously and the Admirals die awesomely.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

im waiting to see what Admiral Pike does in Star Trek into Darkness.

Comment

I think most of the admirals are fine but that job seemed like it would suck if you got into star fleet because you wanted to be out in the action.

and yeah redshirts pretty much get killed especially on an away mission with characters.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tyjos View Post
              Yeah I noticed that about those Admirals but seems like ones like Admiral Dougherty http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Matthew_Dougherty in Insurrection.....plus Admiral Janeway ended pretty badly in the Voyager Relaunch I think...then again in the books seems like the Admirals have problems. Course that first season of TNG episode with those aliens that infested the Starfleet Admirals...and that Commander I can't remember his name that was killed....

I'll have to refresh my Trek Memory by Watching/Reading things again.
              Apparently that episode (conspiracy) was originally plotted as regular humans trying to form a coup but Gene and his utopian ideals said that was impossible to happen so it changed to those aliens who were originally a precursor for the Borg as they were intended to be insectoids but budgetary reasons changed them to into cybornetic creatures instead, it is interesting how episodes and continuing plots change from conception to production.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X