X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ma'Chello's inventions

Ma'Chello's Inventions.

During the early years of SG1 [Season 3 and before]
    Ma'Chello was a Human scientist that was inventing ways to defeat the Gho'uld.

I believe it is sad that some of his inventions weren't worked further on by Earth and its allies.

The Gho'uld terminating leechs would of been a great tool if it was programmed differently in later seasons.
    Either via the Tokra, Asgard, Tauri.
    They could pass through solid matter [Glass, Gloves, Pipes]

If one of Earth's allies worked on the devices they found, they might of been able to rid the Leeches of the insanity causing problems.

Only downside of them is they kill Jaffa too. But then again SG1 has been killing Jaffa for over a decade now.
    Pretty sure they're body count is reaching the thousands.

Would you like to of seen his inventions used and developed, he did make a lot of different stuff apparently.

Maybe the devices just weren't any use to the SGC.
    They also mentioned that they can't translate Ma'chello's "laptop".
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Of the two devices we saw of course they had uses. The parasites that made Daniel insane could be a biological weapon similiar to symbiote poison. The switching bodies could have great stealth capabilities. Imagine if we used Yu and switched his body with an SGC soldier and used his resources to fight another System Lord. Why the devices was never explored is probably on the same line of why the Re'Tu never reappeared
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Of the two devices we saw of course they had uses. The parasites that made Daniel insane could be a biological weapon similiar to symbiote poison. The switching bodies could have great stealth capabilities. Imagine if we used Yu and switched his body with an SGC soldier and used his resources to fight another System Lord. Why the devices was never explored is probably on the same line of why the Re'Tu never reappeared
        Another instance where the body switching might come in handy. If, for example, SG1 went to a planet to trade technology and the culture was rigidly patriarchal and wouldn't deal with women. Sam and one of her team mates could temporarily switch.
        Last edited by tlw; 14 November 2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          The switching bodies could have great stealth capabilities. Imagine if we used Yu and switched his body with an SGC soldier and used his resources to fight another System Lord.
          Would switching with Yu work? It might just swap the human part of him, so the SGC soldier would have the host side of Yu - and Yu would still be a Gou'ld.
          I think if both of the consciousness of Yu were transferred to one body, there would be insanity afoot!
          sigpic
          Signature made by Madness reigns.

Comment

Originally posted by callmezippy View Post
            Would switching with Yu work? It might just swap the human part of him, so the SGC soldier would have the host side of Yu - and Yu would still be a Gou'ld.
            I think if both of the consciousness of Yu were transferred to one body, there would be insanity afoot!
            Who knows? Would have been an interesting idea to pursue
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, would the Ancient comm stones have switched a gou'alds mind or a humans? Also, how would we have gotten Yu to earth (or where ever) to make that switch?

Comment

Yu was just an example to show how you could switch an enemy to get intel
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Gotcha....

Comment

The body switching machine was pretty cool, too bad they never used it again!
                    sigpic
                    Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
                    http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Maybe they feared what could go wrong with it.

Comment

Yep, I like his inventions because he was quite the inventor
                        sigpic
                        Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
                        http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X