Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ronan be fed upon by the Wraith or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Ronan be fed upon by the Wraith or not?

When we are first introduced to Ronan in 'runner' he tells us that the wraith could not feed on him so they made him a runner and implanted him with the tracking device and the hunt began.
    Now to my knowledge his immunity to the wraith was never touched upon again or re-visited that aspect of his character.
    Fast forward to season five and in the episode 'broken ties' and Tyre has brought about the capture of Ronan by the wraith. A wraith that uses his feeding ability to make the victim dependant and eventually subservient.
    We see the wraith use this method on Ronan, ageing him then giving back his 'life force'.
    So you see my problem, if they couldn't feed on him before how could they then?.
    Is this just an error on my part, maybe it has been explained before and I missed it, If that is the case I would love to know. and if not then how?
    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Thats because he can be fed on. He has no immunity
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Thats because he can be fed on. He has no immunity
      But why then does he say in 'Runner' that it had no effect on him? ( being fed upon by the wraith).
      Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

They never fed on Ronon
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
          But why then does he say in 'Runner' that it had no effect on him? ( being fed upon by the wraith).
          he didn't

DEX: I was captured during a culling on my planet. I was taken to a ship. A Wraith started to feed on me.

FLASHBACK. As the Wraith stands with its hand plunged into Dex's chest, its expression changes and it looks perturbed. It looks down to its hand.

DEX: Something made him stop.

Comment

I think the stopped because the wraith saw that Ronan was stronger than the others who they fed on, as they also have issues stunning him. So instead they made him a runner, and hence make it a game to catch him. At least that's how I interrupted it.

Spoiler:
            In a later episode, broken ties, he is fed upon, then given his life back, because he becomes addicted to it / wraith worshipper
            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Wraith sportsmanship comparable to Earths life suckers,the 'elite' foxhunters.
              O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
              O'Neill: Like what?
              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                I think the stopped because the wraith saw that Ronan was stronger than the others who they fed on, as they also have issues stunning him. So instead they made him a runner, and hence make it a game to catch him. At least that's how I interrupted it.

Spoiler:
                In a later episode, broken ties, he is fed upon, then given his life back, because he becomes addicted to it / wraith worshipper
                Yeah. I think the little taste that Wraith got met the criteria they use to figure out who would make good runners.

Comment

Starting concepts and then forgetting them is a rather common event in SGA.

imo.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    Starting concepts and then forgetting them is a rather common event in SGA.

imo.
                    Yes, that too. *coughs* Weir.

Comment

They never fed on Ronon
                      Yes they did in a flashback.
                      I assume that they just thought he'd make a really good runner.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Just because a Wraith put his hand on you doesn't me he is feeding on you. Look at Ford or the Wraith Worshippers
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                          Yes, that too. *coughs* Weir.
                          Also how powerful the wraith used to be or technologically advanced they were.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Just because a Wraith put his hand on you doesn't me he is feeding on you. Look at Ford or the Wraith Worshippers
                            Look at the screenshots from this websites image gallert of the episode Broken Ties, (s.5 ep.3) File 344 in particular. He is clearly being fed upon.

Comment

No he is not
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X