No announcement yet.

The Hobbit : Discussion/News/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow, if nothing horrible happens, I should be swatching this movie.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I'm already counting the hours.......

Tonight 0:01 am
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
        I'm already counting the hours.......

Tonight 0:01 am
        That's so great! I'm so happy for you. I have to say from what I saw from the Berlin premiere, it was a lot warmer than the L.A. one and the interviewers obviously knew a lot more about the movies and the actors than their american counterparts. I remember some of the actors who played the dwarves were arriving at the Theatre in L.A. without being identified by them...oi!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          That's so great! I'm so happy for you. I have to say from what I saw from the Berlin premiere, it was a lot warmer than the L.A. one and the interviewers obviously knew a lot more about the movies and the actors than their american counterparts. I remember some of the actors who played the dwarves were arriving at the Theatre in L.A. without being identified by them...oi!
          I haven't watched it yet, I wasn't at home for the live stream, and I'm afraid of spoilers at the moment. But tomorrow! I'm so excited, I almost start jumping up and down. And I'm considering going dressed as a Hobbit (without the bare feet, it's not much over 0° Celsius), but I don't know if others come dressed up, too, it's just our small town cinema.
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't watched it yet, I wasn't at home for the live stream, and I'm afraid of spoilers at the moment. But tomorrow! I'm so excited, I almost start jumping up and down. And I'm considering going dressed as a Hobbit (without the bare feet, it's not much over 0° Celsius), but I don't know if others come dressed up, too, it's just our small town cinema.
            I'll bring my Thorin tee for sure...I'm not good at cosplay. and bare feet would be aterrible idea..It's fine in a studion in NZ.
            sigpic

Comment

Hope to see it this weekend. I now own the soundtrack.
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                Hope to see it this weekend. I now own the soundtrack.
                Believe it or not, I forgot to order it from amazon, when I got my Desolation and extended Unexpected Journey goodies. Next year, I hope.
                sigpic

Comment

Even though we mostly know the storyline, can we spoiler tag changes and where it ends?

Comment

With the bad week I'm having seeing this movie will be my treat to myself this weekend. Normally I'd wait for the crowds to go down.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

2:50 am and I've just arrived home. *yawns* I found it absolute amazing, although I have to sleep over certain things And that's what I'm going to do now.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm watching the live premiere from last week. Smaug plane!
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Ok, not enough sleep, but some first impressions.

I loved it. As a movie, but not so much with the things from the book, some things are quite different, or not even in the book.

Here's my opinion:
                          Spoiler:
                          You really want to read it?
                          Spoiler:
                          I found the Beorn part too short, I'd have liked more about him and his house. Maybe in the extended version. Mirkwood and the spiders were good and creepy, Thrainduil is awesome arrogant. The flight with the barrels is great, much more exciting than in the book. I liked Laketown a lot, with all the ice. And then Smaug. He is absulote awesome, it was really good that there was no real sight of him in the first movie. And the part where the dwarves are fighting with him and trying to kill him with the gold.
                          Tauriel was ok for me, not as bad as I expectetd, but I'm not really sure what I should think about the Tauriel/Kili story part. I think I have to watch it a second time.

And of course there's an evil cliffhanger at the end.

And now I have to go to work.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, not enough sleep, but some first impressions.

I loved it. As a movie, but not so much with the things from the book, some things are quite different, or not even in the book.

Here's my opinion:
                            Spoiler:
                            You really want to read it?
                            Spoiler:
                            I found the Beorn part too short, I'd have liked more about him and his house. Maybe in the extended version. Mirkwood and the spiders were good and creepy, Thrainduil is awesome arrogant. The flight with the barrels is great, much more exciting than in the book. I liked Laketown a lot, with all the ice. And then Smaug. He is absulote awesome, it was really good that there was no real sight of him in the first movie. And the part where the dwarves are fighting with him and trying to kill him with the gold.
                            Tauriel was ok for me, not as bad as I expectetd, but I'm not really sure what I should think about the Tauriel/Kili story part. I think I have to watch it a second time.

And of course there's an evil cliffhanger at the end.

And now I have to go to work.
                            Of course I had to read it. have a nice day at work! I'll be watching it, hopefully, at 21:40 today. I wanted to catch the 15:20 session but my sister can't make it... And I think I'll agree with you with most things.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                              Of course I had to read it. have a nice day at work! I'll be watching it, hopefully, at 21:40 today. I wanted to catch the 15:20 session but my sister can't make it... And I think I'll agree with you with most things.
                              Have fun!
                              sigpic

Comment

Have fun!
                                Thanks.I hope so. I already bought the tickets.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X