Thread: Adria and Vala

Default Adria and Vala

Sometimes it seemed like Adria actually cared for Vala as a daughter would care for her mother. But she would never let it get in the way of her mission.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opionions about this.

Default Re: Adria and Vala

I think the only reason she didnt kill Vala was because she wanted to convert her, she would have been a good addition to her campaign if she had, i never thought there was any real love there, from Adria anyway, i think there was maybe a little from Vala

After naming her after the evil stepmother?
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    After naming her after the evil stepmother?
    There is that...

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

I think all one needs to do to see Vala's love for Adria is to watch Dominion. It's clear - to me anyway - how much she cares yet doesn't want to.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

To be honest, there really is no reason for either to love each other...I mean, yes, they are related by blood, but it was a unique situation that Vala was (understandably) unappreciative of. And then Adria grows almost literally in the blink of an eye...There is no years of bonding to hold them together, no memories or anything to fall back on. There was simply a freak pregnancy followed by the birth of a virtually bloodthirsty warlord...

Major General

Also iirc there was Adria's mention of how some of the worshippers were like
    "how do you expect total strangers to convert if you can't even convert your mother" or something like that.

Here is the thing, Vala was raped by the Ori to carry this child full term. She has to give birth to this what she knows to be a demon child of some sort. So even during the pregnancy Vala has no connection to Adria.

She tries, but Adria grows up so fast that there is no mother/child connection that usually comes with raising a baby. Adria is fully grown and wants to keep her mother with her, though converted. They both know that a converted Vala would be a propaganda symbol.

Vala only hoped that being Adria's mother may trigger something in Adria's mind and bring her away from the Ori. Even she stated as much.
    Hi There!

Major General

I wonder, why Vala, knowing what was growing in her, never though to try and miscarry?

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I wonder, why Vala, knowing what was growing in her, never though to try and miscarry?
    What, like throwing herself off a staircase in the hopes of "simply" losing the baby and surviving it with minimal damage yourself? Or inserting an old rusty iron bar or whatever into herself to damage the embryo/fetus or her womb? Yeah, because those self-abortion things are so safe. How silly of Vala not to think of doing something so reliable!

Besides, knowing those Ori they would have kept an eye on her and she had Tomin around her for most of the time as well. Not to mention that Vala might have thought it would be better to happen to her than some devout follower of Origin because she might be able to influence her child. Or perhaps she never expected the Ori to manipulate her child's growth and development and hoped she would be able to flee with the baby after she had given birth.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    She actually addresses this in counterstrike when she and Daniel talk just after escaping from the planet
    ----------------------------
    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim