Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Hamill unsure about Star Wars 7

Mark Hamill is unsure if he'd take a part in the new 'Star Wars' film.

The actor - who played hero Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy, released between 1977 and 1983 - is wary of signing up for the recently announced seventh 'Star Wars' film, as he has no idea what the story line involves.

Speaking to E! News, he said: ''We have questions about it. And really, they're not even at the stage where they're able to answer those questions because, as far as I know, is there a story yet?''

''Until I know more about what they have in mind, I think it's better to let [studio] Lucas Film make the announcements.''

In the event he doesn't return to the franchise, the actor is happy to pass the torch on to someone else.

Mark, 61 added: ''If they were going to do a story where Luke was too young or too old for me to play, they would get an age appropriate actor. There's so many good people.''

When presented with names such as Ryan Gosling and 'The Hangover' actor Bradley Cooper as candidates for the iconic role of Luke, Mark felt either would be a good choice for the role.

He added: ''I love actors, number one. There's probably nobody that you could name that I don't like, depending on what it is they're in. Too many to chose just one.''
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Bradley Cooper? Really?........... i'm sort of a fan (i liked him in Alias & The Hangover) but i cant see him as Luke Skywalker

I guess there probably would have to be a time skip or something, Ryan Gosling would be a good choice to play his young counter-part, maybe its gonna be like a time travel storyline or something
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Hamill should at least make a cameo.
        You know like in Smallville where Christopher Reeves passed the torch of Superman over to Tom Welling.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I can't wait for this movie I really hope it is good
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Star Wars: How Writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg Will Expand the Galaxy

Sources tell THR that each will write separate projects, not necessarily "Episode 8" and "Episode 9" -- a plan similar to Marvel's movies around The Avengers.

The post-George Lucas Star Wars universe slowly is taking shape. Soon after it was announced Oct. 30 that Disney would acquire Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion, it was revealed that Oscar winner Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine) had written a 40- to 50-page treatment for the new trilogy and would be writing the script for Star Wars: Episode VII.

Then reports emerged the week of Nov. 19 that The Empire Strikes Back’s Lawrence Kasdan and Sherlock Holmes’ Simon Kinberg would be writing and producing Episode VIII and Episode IX, even as Disney and Lucasfilm refused to confirm their top-secret plans.

But now insiders tell THR that while Kasdan and Kinberg indeed have been hired to work on the Star Wars franchise, they will be writing separate projects (hence the reason why they also would receive producer credits), not necessarily Episode VIII and Episode IX.

Their scripts could turn into official “Episodes” in the main Skywalker storyline, or they could form the basis for spinoffs focusing on side characters. Disney CEO Robert Iger said the goal is to release a Star Wars movie “every two to three years,” and some could focus on other pieces of the expansive mythos (similar to Marvel’s Avengers universe). Disney and Lucasfilm declined comment.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

An SW movie every two or three years?
              *sigh*
              Future generations will never know the days of only six movies(in my case). It's just sad watching them turn SW into some never-ending Doctor Who show(not that Doctor Who is bad). It's sad to see the few go. Someday the original movies will be forgotten.

"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Right now I don't feel like I will watch it, I need to wait and look at the trailers but I must admit that I don't think it's necessary to continue the Star Wars saga-films at all

Comment

George Lucas On Star Wars: Episode VII: "I Don't Really Have Much To Do"

George Lucas says his involvement in Star Wars: Episode VII will be limited and that he intends to leave it up to Disney's chosen director and producers to carry on his iconic sci-fi story. Speaking at the Governor's Awards on Saturday evening (December 1, 2012), Lucas explained what his duties as a "consultant" on the seventh movie will entail, reports Access Hollywood.

"[If the filmmakers ask],'Who's this guy?' I can tell them. I mean, they have a hundred encyclopedias and things, but I actually know a lot. I can say, 'This is this and this is that" So, basically he'll be sitting with his feet up then? He added, "Basically I'm not [involved] - I don't really have much to do." Disney are still on the hunt for a director to helm the first movie, though Lucas' good friend Steven Spielberg has gone on the record as saying it's not his "genre." George laughed off the idea on Saturday, calling Spielberg "probably the most brilliant director working in the business today," though adding, "I'm pretty sure he'd never want to do that! I don't think he'd want to."

Comment

I say do Episode VII, VIII, and IX first and then if you really want to do spin off movies then by all be it knock yourself out.

Comment

Oh no, I have actually expected something like Lucas says, that's why I will most likely not watch any of the new ones =/

Comment

I am just happy to get new Star Wars
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

maybe I am not looking forward to it because I liked the old parts the best

Comment

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-epis...uel-l-jackson/
                            Samuel L Jackson would return...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              That would be cool
                              sigpic

Comment

Ugh, I hope not. Having prequel actors (whether him or McGregor or whoever else) show up in a set of movies that are sequels to a set of movies set in between would be incredibly dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X