Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    And who the heck is Ezra and sabine?? More crud coming from the rebels cartoon??
    Pretty much, Thing is, Sasbine = daughter of Duchess Satine, who at one point had a fling with Obi-Wan, thusly, Sabine be Obi's kid out of wedlock {I think} then she had a daughter later on, {in this case depending on how Rebels pans it out} which is possibly Rey, thus making Rey a Kenobi and a Mando

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Have I missed something on Rebels that Sabine is the daughter of Satine??

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        Pretty much, Thing is, Sasbine = daughter of Duchess Satine, who at one point had a fling with Obi-Wan, thusly, Sabine be Obi's kid out of wedlock {I think} then she had a daughter later on, {in this case depending on how Rebels pans it out} which is possibly Rey, thus making Rey a Kenobi and a Mando
        And when/where does this supposed fling come to light?

Comment

I think tying this set of movies and characters into Rebels is a terrible and unlikely idea. The common folk would never follow it. Remember all the Rebels related stuff in Rogue One was still Easter eggs for fans and they are much closer in story and timelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Can the actors do anything but deny it at the moment? Probably under contract.
            This is most likely the case.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              And who the heck is Ezra and sabine?? More crud coming from the rebels cartoon??

The cartoon is actually pretty good right now. I watch it on Sunday mornings while I eat breakfast before heading out to Sunday School (Sometimes on Saturday nights though).

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
              I think tying this set of movies and characters into Rebels is a terrible and unlikely idea. The common folk would never follow it. Remember all the Rebels related stuff in Rogue One was still Easter eggs for fans and they are much closer in story and timelines.
              Do the common folk need to? All they would need to know is that Obi had an illegitimate child with some lady way back then who became Ray's mother. They don't need to know details, as in the movie doesn't need to get into it.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Even without the Rebels stuff Obi-Wan was strongly suggested in VII

1) Obi-Wan spoke to Ray through the force (old and new Kenobi)
                2) Parallels to her injuring Kilo how Obi injured Vader
                3) English accent
                4) Mind trick on Stormtrooper
                5) Ben Kenobi (why name him after Obi-Wan?)

Comments from actors and directors also point to this but I won't even include those.
                sigpic

Comment

I find it unlikely that Sabine is the daughter of Satine as her Wookieepedia page states her mother was a member of Death Watch (a militant group Satine was opposed to) and that she is a member of House Viszla (the same house that the leader of Death Watch was a member of).

Now one could make the argument that Satine could have given any child she had with Obi-Wan to her sister, who was a member of Death Watch, for safety reasons. But then it still doesn't add up considering that Obi-Wan was for the most part a by-the-book Jedi.

Comment

plus WHEN did obi have the time to get with satine..

Comment

Well; there IS the time period between Clone Wars/Ep 3 & Rebels..... Plus it has been confirmed {or has it ?} that Obi has at least one brother in the Jedi Apprentice series

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

But Obi-Wan pretty much hinted that he did not do anything with Satine, in the episode in CW Voyage of Temptation when he said if you had said the word I would have left the Jedi order. Not to say something couldn't have happened, but the implication is there that nothing happened, because as another poster mentioned, Obi-Wan is a by the book Jedi. I just cannot see him ragging on Anakin about attachments if he had one of his own.

Spoiler:
                        Plus it's been established Sabine's mother is not Satine in a recent episode of Rebels. Her mother's name is Ursa Wren

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                          But Obi-Wan pretty much hinted that he did not do anything with Satine, in the episode in CW Voyage of Temptation when he said if you had said the word I would have left the Jedi order. Not to say something couldn't have happened, but the implication is there that nothing happened, because as another poster mentioned, Obi-Wan is a by the book Jedi. I just cannot see him ragging on Anakin about attachments if he had one of his own.

Spoiler:
                          Plus it's been established Sabine's mother is not Satine in a recent episode of Rebels. Her mother's name is Ursa Wren
                          Considering that Sabine was born around the same time as Luke...well after Kenobi's fling...Sabine would have to be a granddaughter not a daughter. The question is, who are her grandparents?
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

It is confirmed as far as I am aware that Obi-Wan had a BROTHER who was NOT a Jedi; as far as Iam aware trhe Jedi Apprentice series which occurs leading up to Episode 1 wherein Obi-Wan was Qui-Gons Padawan Learner are still canon {I havent found anything disputing this but if someone else has please feel foree to correct if I am wrong} We also heard Obi's voice speaking to Rey during her vision. She may still be a Kenobi, but not Obi's offspring

Comment

Ever sit and play favorite sections of movies?

The section of TFA from Finn & Poe meeting up through to Rey and Finn getting away from Jaku in the Falcon has been added to my list, right along with the trench battle from ANH, Star Trek's "Battle in the Mutara Nebula", several sections of "Top Gun" and so forth.

Comment

It is confirmed as far as I am aware that Obi-Wan had a BROTHER who was NOT a Jedi; as far as Iam aware trhe Jedi Apprentice series which occurs leading up to Episode 1 wherein Obi-Wan was Qui-Gons Padawan Learner are still canon {I havent found anything disputing this but if someone else has please feel foree to correct if I am wrong} We also heard Obi's voice speaking to Rey during her vision. She may still be a Kenobi, but not Obi's offspring
                                That's....not canon. At all. The Jedi Apprentice stuff was part of the old Expanded Universe, which was deemed non-canon by the Disney reboot. Anybody who told you it has anything to do with TFA was either making it up or simply mistaken.

In the old Expanded Universe, it's also slightly complicated than that. The Jedi Apprentice book to which you refer has a young Obi-Wan having a vision of a brother named Owen, and Qui-Gon tells him something to the effect of "the Force works in mysterious ways," and tells him that it could be a vision of the past or the future. It's a not-so-subtle nod toward Obi-Wan in his later years knowing Owen Lars, who, in one of the numerous earlier drafts of the original Star Wars film, was going to be Obi-Wan's brother. Needless to say, the idea was dropped before the the final script was filmed, and the rest is history. That bit in the Jedi Apprentice book was in part a nod to that.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X