• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this and hope it's true.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Giacchono? Maybe. I have a hard time imagining a SW movie would be made without John Williams composing, though.
      Actually MIchael Giacchino and John Williams working together would create one epic score
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

look could you guys just give the whole "JJ Abrams shouldn't direct star wars" a rest for one night. Just one night?

Comment

Ah but when have we mentioned that? most of us are happy that he is potentially onboard
          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 25 January 2013, 08:22 PM.
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Personally, I think it would be great if Abrams directs Episode VII.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Speculate and wonder no more: Lucasfilm confirmed just a few minutes ago that JJ Abrams is indeed helming Episode VII
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                Ah but when have we mentioned that? most of us are happy that he is potentially onboard
                sorry wrong forum. on the TFN site there is some bickering going on about this.

Comment

I agree with the others. I for one think that the Star Trek movie he made(and the second on as I've seen from trailers) is pretty great.
                  Imagine people:
                  "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."
                  STAR WARS
                  *theme song*

It actually brings tears to my eyes.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                    Possibly the children of the original characters?
                    You know, Anakin Solo, Jacen Solo, etc.
                    That depends entirely on whether they go by the EU or not.

I look forward to this movie too, but escyos is right about the CGI.
                    EVERY movie has bad CGI these days.
                    I wouldn't say every movie.. John carpenter's CGI was well done imo.

i watching Revenge of the sith the other night and the one thing i really do wanna see in the new trilogy is a lightsaber battle like Anakin and Obi-Wan had in ROTS.
                    I wouldn't mind seeing maybe one of the EU light weapons (say the sith lavenrock, or the lightwhip) make an appearance.

Yeah. And I had 2 I think.
                    Yup.. Qui and darth part 1 on tatooine. And Darth / quigon and obiwan on Naboo.

If you guys could pick 5 EU Plot Point/Character Developments for them to include in The new trilogy what would they be?
                    1) MARA JADE!!!
                    2) Wraith Squadron
                    3) Thrawn!!!! (imo one of the best baddies yet)
                    4) Jedi Praxium
                    5) Han/leia married with kids.

I agree with the others. I for one think that the Star Trek movie he made(and the second on as I've seen from trailers) is pretty great.
                    Imagine people:
                    "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."
                    STAR WARS
                    *theme song*

It actually brings tears to my eyes.
                    Same here. I can't wait!

Comment

here's a question could they use the EU characters names but disregard all of the EU Books?

Comment

Legally? Almost certainly.

Should they? Be a bad choice, IMO.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah.
                          Luke: Oh, that's my butler, Thrawn.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Oh, get over it guys!!!
                            EVERYONE knows that Pellaeon whould be the butler with his venerable droid helper XR-K00/N
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              look could you guys just give the whole "JJ Abrams shouldn't direct star wars" a rest for one night. Just one night?
                              Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Personally, I think it would be great if Abrams directs Episode VII.
                              Is JJ Abrams my favourite director: Not in a million years.
                              I have to say though, I did not dislike what he's done with Trek and I am glad someone is giving continuity to SW.
                              I'm not particulary thrilled with some of the EU story lines, so if they would live them out, I won't be shedding too many tears about it.
                              Having said/wrote that, I'd like them to keep Mara Jade (the inspiration for many of my online names, including the one I use here). Ok, Thrawn would be cool as well.
                              Last edited by JadedWraith; 28 January 2013, 08:12 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Whats the bet Jar-Jar ages at an inrecidibly slow rate like Chewbacca/Yoda, and is inserted into this movie
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X