No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is that I can't wait that long.
    Btw, big question: WHAT IS WRONG WITH CGI THESE DAYS?!!!
    I know it's not thread-related but I saw the trailer of the Hobbit and Gollum looked FAKE. Unbelievable. Every latest CGI movie looked fake.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

CGI almost always 'looks fake.' In nearly every circumstance, makeup, models, and real/physical stuff looks better than CGI.

Rule of thumb: if an effects sequence makes you say/think "ooh, that's good effects!", then no, it wasn't. Good CGI is when you can't even tell that it was CGI.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

is anyone else happy that someone else not Lucas *cough prequels cough cough* will be directing? opens up thousands of possibilities like Darth Mickey but seriously i wouldn't mind something between ROTS and Star Wars but something serious not The Force Unleashed
        sigpic
        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          CGI almost always 'looks fake.' In nearly every circumstance, makeup, models, and real/physical stuff looks better than CGI.

Rule of thumb: if an effects sequence makes you say/think "ooh, that's good effects!", then no, it wasn't. Good CGI is when you can't even tell that it was CGI.
          Then how come Gollum looked great in LOTR and so awful in the trailer?
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Then how come Gollum looked great in LOTR and so awful in the trailer?
            It should be noted that they are actually still working on some of the effects, and the whole movie wont be finished till 2 days before the premiere.

Watch this video and you'll get an idea

Comment

Are they already filming the next one?

Comment

Not sure if this comment is pointed towards the CGI comments, or actually on topic with Star Wars...

Comment

The next what? Hobbit? The Hobbit films are being filmed the same way they did LOTR--all the filming for all films being done in one marathon production session.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Fantastic.
                    Can't wait to see the first Hobbit movie.

Comment

There is a thread over in General Discussion for it
                      I'm interested to see where they go for this movie...

Comment

So am I.
                        *gasp* Maybe they'll have Chancellor Jar Jar!!

Comment

So am I.
                          When did Jar Jar become Immortal? or do gungans naturally have long lives?
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

So am I.
                            That is wrong on so many different levels...

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                            Well, I don't think they've ever said anything about how long Gungans live, so they could do something like that and explain it by saying Gungans have long lifespans. Hopefully, they're smart enough not to do that.
                            Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              lets hope not
                              sigpic
                              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

That would be awesome lol.
                                Luke: Chancellor, it's so good to see you again, we all missed you.
                                Jar-Jar: Mesa glad to see the Jedis!!

Comment

Working...
                                X