Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Apart from the birth of the solo twins in Last Command but yeah otherwise I agree.
    And that brings us back to Rey Solo
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Apart from the birth of the solo twins in Last Command but yeah otherwise I agree.
      ...and that the war was already over in canon by the time the Thrawn books were set. And that in canon Rukh is dead before the original movie. And that in canon Thrawn has been missing/possibly dead since before the original movie. And, and, and...

I love a ton of the Expanded Universe/Legends stuff too, but it just isn't compatible with the new canon.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        ...and that the war was already over in canon by the time the Thrawn books were set. And that in canon Rukh is dead before the original movie. And that in canon Thrawn has been missing/possibly dead since before the original movie. And, and, and...

I love a ton of the Expanded Universe/Legends stuff too, but it just isn't compatible with the new canon.
        So the proper solution is to tell disney to take a flying leap and ignore what they say should count. You just have to accept that just as you have to accept different actors in a franchise that has lived this long, you have to accept that not all of the content, much of which is created by 3rd parties is gonna have continuity. Sure, I expect the main films not to contradict each other, but everything else can't make the same guarantee.

Comment

Sigourney Weaver would make a great Leia.... just saying

anyways... or give her a role as a leader of a reborn Hapes or of a Night Sisters Clan, now that would be amazing etc... i forget the planet they come from but she could lead a faction of them that space ship hop and sometimes have their own ship and sometimes work for a captain as.... well more like the captain ends upworking for them

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            you have to accept that not all of the content, much of which is created by 3rd parties is gonna have continuity.
            Yes, it does. There is literally a team of people whose job it is to have all the moving parts of the canon Star Wars universe in continuity with one another, who work in consultation with every writer hired by Disney/Lucasfilm to make sure that's the case.

Expanded Universe/Legends is a lot of fun, and has a ton of great stories. I'm especially partial to the whole Old Republic era, and pretty much anything that features Kyle Katarn. But it is definitively not compatible with the canon universe.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Yes, it does. There is literally a team of people whose job it is to have all the moving parts of the canon Star Wars universe in continuity with one another, who work in consultation with every writer hired by Disney/Lucasfilm to make sure that's the case.

Expanded Universe/Legends is a lot of fun, and has a ton of great stories. I'm especially partial to the whole Old Republic era, and pretty much anything that features Kyle Katarn. But it is definitively not compatible with the canon universe.
              And that group of people is operated by Disney, isn't it? Hasn't Disney stated that pre Disney 3rd party is non-canon, calling it "Legends"? So they're not going to care abougt Thrawn's stories, the Jedi Academy trilogy or the rest of it, right? I have no doubt there is a lot of good material there, what i've read is very good. But it's not going to have continuity with the film franchise.

Comment

Working...
              X