• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made to Suffer (308)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON THREE
    MADE TO SUFFER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 308
    Rick's attempt to rescue his people leads to a deadly shoot-out in the streets of Woodbury, while Michonne pursues her own agenda with the Governor. At the prison, Carl takes charge when a new group of survivors arrives in need of help.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 December 2012, 12:05 PM.

Lol...Well it appears the show really DOESN'T have the budget for more than one black guy at a time
    sigpic

Comment

I get more and more proud of Carl as the season keeps going on.
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        Lol...Well it appears the show really DOESN'T have the budget for more than one black guy at a time
        Yeah - cards were on the wall for that one... Kinda sad - can't say I even remember his name... Was glad to see Maggie put a bullet in him when he died, though thinking now - she almost should have left him, so he might have reanimated and wreaked havoc inside...

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
        I get more and more proud of Carl as the season keeps going on.
        Ohh abso-freakin-lutely! Very impressed with him this season. So glad they've given him some growth... though I guess really it's been good to see that growth, rather than him always being a tough kid...

Now... Wow...

So much to unpack!

They saved Glenn and Maggie! Yay! Just a shame Glenn was robbed of killing Merle... not that he really had much chance... Maybe later! As they were escaping, I knew someone had to die... didn't really think about the black guy from the prison til he was helping them over the bus... then knew his time was up...

I think it was a bit unrealistic that the prison has such a big breach that they haven't found/repaired... Oh - and certainly wasn't expecting another group of survivors to join the fray - at this time!

Spoiler:
        Looking at the spoiler, I don't think they're gonna be good news either

It was uncanny when Rick saw Shane... I actually had to think to myself - now, he really is dead, isn't he... it's not another miraculous escape story... I assume they'll have him back again for another cameo... like they did with Merle in S2... Just reaffirming that Rick really still has issues...

That fight with Michonne and the Governor was amazing... When she stabbed him... I actually wondered if the comic always had the Govnor with an eye patch or if this was how he always lost it - assuming he is shown without an eye in the comic! When she put the blade through Penny's head... Man this series has some great FX...

Looks like next year is going to be massive... From what people have said - about there being a "lot of material" regarding the Governor... I'm so curious how the story will play out... (BUT I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! Well not yet )

Bring on next year!
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          lol.

I knew he was expendable and the easy death the minute he decided to go with Rick. Poor Oscar. I liked him. But Tyreese ought to be a nice addition to the show. I liked him in the comics.

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          That fight with Michonne and the Governor was amazing... When she stabbed him... I actually wondered if the comic always had the Govnor with an eye patch or if this was how he always lost it - assuming he is shown without an eye in the comic! When she put the blade through Penny's head... Man this series has some great FX...
          Yeah she's the reason he looses an eye in the comics. That that was far from the only thing he lost in the comics by her hand. That scene in the comic was very violent and brutal because of what the governor did to her
          Spoiler:
          brutally and repeatedly raping her when he capture her so she tied him up when she escaped and tortured him
          but the storyline for the show has diverged from the comic....which in that regard is fine as that was some pretty disturbing stuff in the comic concerning those two. Not that it can't still happen, but I think they have made the choice to skip that. But they certainly don't hesitate killing zombie children on this show.

Great episode. Agreed about Carl. Some good stuff for that character.

Feb 10th can't get here soon enough. At least it's not too long of a wait.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Excellent stuff in this episode. Having the Governor turn on Merle was an interesting twist. I can see Merle escaping with Daryl now and somehow ending back with Rick's group.

Tyreese should be a nice addition to the show too.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, what an ending, very interesting twist and one I didnt see coming at all (except for Daryl being captured)!
              Merle has been quite loyal to the Governor, so this is quite a betrayal...
              I couldnt wait for it here in the UK, so I watched it on youtube =P
              Nice to see some development in Carl, didnt really like him in season 2, but now, hes actually likeable as a character.
              Oscar dieing was abit obvious as soon as he went with them, but maybe thought someone else would die.
              Interested to see how this new group of survivors will come into play...
              Glad that Michonne got to get her own back on the Governor, both stabbing his kid in the head, and him in the eye.

Really cant wait for this show to come back, and a nice cliffhanger to leave it on too!
              Fingers crossed both Daryl and Merle make it out (but dont mind about Merle),
              Spoiler:
              But from the next time trailer, both of them will
              will be interesting to see how he interacts with the group if he does live, and what consequences will come of him joining them, if he does.
              Also will be interesting to see the consequences of them attacking Woodbury

I do have a theory about Merle though...
              Spoiler:
              Could this just be a set up to get Merle into the prison so he can spy on Ricks group?
              Last edited by Teddybrown; 03 December 2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Yeah - my first thought when the two brothers were standing there, crowd chanting for them both to die... Oh ****, now Merle's gonna wanna join back in with the group... After the way he treated Glenn, I can't see that working at all well...

I notice they've both been left out of the trailer/s for next season to build the suspense, too.

Re Michonne/Governor...

Spoiler:
                Ah... That makes more sense. I know the Governor sent Merle to kill Michonne (which she would have realised) but it just felt a little wrong that she had such vehemence towards him... (or was that just me?) Maybe it's just her personality... I actually think they'd have done better including at least 1 rape scene, as then Maggie's interrogation would have been so much more intense, and perhaps also leave the question of did he/didn't he hanging lot thicker in the air. [Yes, rape is horrible, certainly don't condone it, but sadly we humans do it a lot, and this show isn't for kids, so I wouldn't have a problem with them going that route]
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  Yeah - my first thought when the two brothers were standing there, crowd chanting for them both to die... Oh ****, now Merle's gonna wanna join back in with the group... After the way he treated Glenn, I can't see that working at all well...

I notice they've both been left out of the trailer/s for next season to build the suspense, too.

Re Michonne/Governor...

Spoiler:
                  Ah... That makes more sense. I know the Governor sent Merle to kill Michonne (which she would have realised) but it just felt a little wrong that she had such vehemence towards him... (or was that just me?) Maybe it's just her personality... I actually think they'd have done better including at least 1 rape scene, as then Maggie's interrogation would have been so much more intense, and perhaps also leave the question of did he/didn't he hanging lot thicker in the air. [Yes, rape is horrible, certainly don't condone it, but sadly we humans do it a lot, and this show isn't for kids, so I wouldn't have a problem with them going that route]
                  Spoiler:
                  Daryls actually in the trailer, at 0.13 (if you pause it real quick, you see Rick pointing a gun at some walkers, and Daryl bends down for something) and 0.17 with his crossbow, and I think thats probably Merle that Glenn is shouting 'What the hell is he doing here?' at.
                  So, looks like they are both probably going to make it, and maybe Merle joins the group... or he could become an outcast and be the 4th danger to the group...
                  Last edited by Teddybrown; 03 December 2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Quite an intense episode indeed, and the second half of the season looks to be even more so!

It's nice to see the Governor gets what he deserves, though I fear he's now hell-bent on killing Rick's group and won't stop for anything short of that.

Regarding Merle, I don't see how him staying with the group is gonna work out. Casting him out again may be too dangerous. I think they should just lock him in a cell and let him rot there! (pun intended)
                    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Oh hell yes - the closing shot of the Governor was chilling... (Well, tried to be chilling... I was just thinking - God that'd make a great frame for a comic book...)

Teddy - Ah, must have had blinkers on!
                      and lots more!

Comment

I thought this was an awesome episode! Carl has grown so much and did the right thing with the new group both helping them in and also locking them away from his group. Don't know what kind of people they are yet! Michonne and the governor was pretty intense, I haven't read the comics yet and was surprised by the stabbing of both the Governor and Penny. I don't think they would have Merle try and join the group again after what he did to Glenn. Hopefully Andrea will get her head out of her butt and is the one to save Daryl, I'm pretty tired of her at this point and if she doesn't get a clue I wouldn't mind seeing her go. From what I understand she is a great character in the comics.

Comment

I loved the Episode. To bad it is going on Brake now. I dont think the Governor turned on Merle this easy. He is now a dangerous mix of Bat**** crazy and out for revenge. Merle is the only one he can give real orders to without lying his ass off. Also Andrea was right there and I dont think he would have done such a mistake. He wanted her to see and maybe even help them out.

@cosmichobo: I had the exact same thought when they showed that last Shot. Got to be one of the Comics Covers.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Oh - one thing that I thought about whilst watching, then forgot even as I was watching... and now remembered after reading an interview with the show's producer...

Merle lied to the Governor about killing Michonne... And that was the impetus for him outing Merle as the badguy to the Woodbury crowd...

That kinda shook me for a bit, as I wasn't expecting it... but when you remember that lie of Merle's - which at the time made me think - this is gonna bite Merle in the ass - it all kinda fits in, now that the Governor knows Merle lied, lost his eye and his zomdaughter...
                            and lots more!

Comment

An amazing episode to go to the mid-season break on. Great from start to finish. This did not disappoint one bit. Now the Governor looks a little more like he should, thanks to Michonne.

Should be pretty interesting to see how Daryl and Merle get out of that situation. Will Andrea help them at all?

Also a very nice introduction to Tyreese. I look forward to him being on the show.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X