• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Dead Come Knocking (307)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON THREE
    WHEN THE DEAD COME KNOCKING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 307
    Michonne arrives at the prison with news that prompts Rick to try and infiltrate Woodbury. Andrea is asked to participate in a disturbing study involving a dying man, and Merle's prisoners face a harsh interrogation.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 December 2012, 04:21 PM.

Well this half season is shaping up to be more interesting than all of Season 2. Can't wait to see what happens next episode.

I thought Glenn was a goner.
    sigpic

Comment

Glenn was so badass in this episode. I hope he gets his revenge on Merle.
      sigpic

Comment

What is that freaking Governor doing? I am not getting any Wiser with him. On one hand he can play the Sane one pretty good, but under that mask appears to be pure chaos. I still cannot figure out what he is actually after. His Goal seems to be to save his Daughter, but he has gotten lost along the way big time.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Glenn was a beast! I thought Maggie would cave earlier so I was surprised at how well she did. I can't wait to see Merle get what's coming! I don't have a good feeling about those left in the prison, I think the Governor is gonna come knocking while the others are freeing Glenn and Maggie. Hopefully they don't fall for any tricks and let them in! Maybe Andrea pulls her head out of her rear and becomes useful. Can't wait for next week!

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
            Glenn was a beast! I thought Maggie would cave earlier so I was surprised at how well she did. I can't wait to see Merle get what's coming! I don't have a good feeling about those left in the prison, I think the Governor is gonna come knocking while the others are freeing Glenn and Maggie. Hopefully they don't fall for any tricks and let them in! Maybe Andrea pulls her head out of her rear and becomes useful. Can't wait for next week!
            First is the Question if she will find out, but its pretty probable she will with her friends at the Door. This will be interesting. I also hope Merle gets what is coming for him. My guess is he gets killed surrounded by a horde of Walkers in that Arena he showed off in, in the other Episode. He is not going to be laughing much then.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              What is that freaking Governor doing? I am not getting any Wiser with him. On one hand he can play the Sane one pretty good, but under that mask appears to be pure chaos. I still cannot figure out what he is actually after. His Goal seems to be to save his Daughter, but he has gotten lost along the way big time.
              Power and control are what he's after. Anything he views as a threat to this he eliminates (i.e. the military guys). Based on his actions he's also gone off the deep end. The only problem is he knows how to hide it really well, which makes him look like a decent person to everyone (except Michonne).

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              First is the Question if she will find out, but its pretty probable she will with her friends at the Door. This will be interesting. I also hope Merle gets what is coming for him. My guess is he gets killed surrounded by a horde of Walkers in that Arena he showed off in, in the other Episode. He is not going to be laughing much then.
              I think Merle will actually survive for the rest of the season. They brought the character back after all this time, so I suspect they have a long, drawn out storyline for him. The again, nobody is really safe on this show, so offing him before the season is over wouldn't be a surprise either.
              sigpic

Comment

OMG what another fantastic ep I cried again.... Who would've thought I would be more emotional on a "zombie" show than I have on some of the more dramatic TV shows I have watched....go figure.

I loved the Carol Reunion and her consoling Rick...that tore me up.....that is when I lost it and I think that was the first time Rick cried actual tears of grief there. I loved the bits with Rick and Carl ....them sort of saying things that needed to be said to give them closure and they finally named the baby. I was glad it wasn't some sappy thing....just a 3rd grade teacher who Carl probably had some crush on. I thought that was cute.

and GLENN!!! WOOT!! How awesome was that???? I thought for sure he was a goner but then we know the fighting spirit Glen has and he is definitely a fighter....he has my vote any day!! I was worried that the Governor would rape Maggie....thank gawd they didn't go that route...he's creepy enough... I mean that was creepy to begin with but that would have crossed a major line....I think they have to teeter him on that maybe he will be redeemable edge....which is long past for me....but some may have a higher tolerance.

Yeah and I agree with magictrick....The Governor is out for control and power pure and simple. I mean what he did to Maggie shows that. He just wants to control people...maybe a side benefit would be to find out more about the "biters" and that could help his daughter but I really think he is onto this new power trip thingy and his little prized village there.

My question is...what is he doing in that little notebook of his? Making those tick marks? Is that the number of biters they've killed or is he just crazy enough to have a book full of little marks like some autistic or severely OCD person would do? I just don't get that.

As for Merle...he's a goner no doubt. I can't wait for that cuz he is just bugging me and it's funny....with Shane even though he was crazy and stuff I didn't really want him to go and it was sad when he went... with Merle I'm counting down til someone pulls the trigger but yeah I like the idea of putting him in the arena with the walkers.

Andrea just bugs me period! I mean I really don't see her backing her friends in this. I think she is clearly with the Governor now sadly even when she finds out I think she will be with the governor til the bitter end.
                Spoilers about the previews for next week....
                Spoiler:

Those previews look awesome and didn't Daryl look like he was debating supporting Rick? I really hope they were just playing that up. I don't see Daryl siding with Meryl on this at all. It will be hard but I think in the end he will do what's right.

As for the people left at the prison... I was freaking out when Carl on the previews said... "Just leave her" I wonder who that is? HOpefully not the baby?
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

This episode, like so many this season, was amazing. Glenn showed me so much in this one. I went from really liking his character to absolutely loving him. That chair fight was amazing to watch.

I really can't wait to see what happens when these two groups collide next week. Should be pretty epic.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The scene where Andrea reported to the Governor that the test had been a failure... was pretty key IMO... He now knows his daughter really is gone... and not coming back... I actually thought he might have lost his cool with Andrea at that point, but instead they went creepy creepy with him consoling Andrea the same way he "consoled" Maggie...

I actually didn't even realise what Daryl wanted to show Rick at first Yes, Carol... and of course, she had no idea about the baby or Lori... Was waiting for her to tell them that T-Dog saved her life... I guess that one's just left to offscreen...

That book... really has me curious too.

Frankly it's AMAZING this season has had so many hit episodes... I did enjoy last season, but this is just so much better. My fear, thinking about it now... is Eureka... Sliders... SG:A... ST:E... When a show (especially it seems, sci-fi) gets to around 5 seasons, it seems the Networks look at the costs versus benefits, and decide it's better to axe the show than to continue... Here's hoping we get more than 2 seasons after this one...
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Great episode, The Walking Dead shows us that one isnt even safe in ones home, i mean that poor guy, his just there sleeping it off during the apocalypse when complete strangers invade his home, kill him and feed him to the walkers

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      This episode, like so many this season, was amazing. Glenn showed me so much in this one. I went from really liking his character to absolutely loving him. That chair fight was amazing to watch.

I really can't wait to see what happens when these two groups collide next week. Should be pretty epic.
                      Glenn has been my favorite character since the pilot, especially with the lines, HEY YOU, DUMBASS, yeah you in the tank, Cosey in there?
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 28 November 2012, 04:16 AM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

*lol* Yeah, Glenn's cool.

I don't quite get that guy in the hut... It was fortified, presumably against walkers. There were walkers EVERYWHERE in that forest... He's presumably been foraging for food... So he KNOWS what walkers are... So... was he just a bit simple?

I'm guessing that scene was just in there to give us our quota of zombie feeds for the week... Also to show the gang that Michonne means business...
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        and lots more!

Comment

Yeah Glenn has definitely come a long way...he was the virgin pizza delivery guy Now look at him....all the characters have grown so much ....even Carl is coming into his own.

Hey do you all watch the Talking Dead and the behind the scene vids about the episodes on AMCTV.com? They are awesome. Just thought I would recommend them out if you haven't ventured over there.

Comment

Have to say when Merle let that zombie loose... I really wasn't sure which way it would go... think my heart even missed a beat as he fought he way out of that chair...

I haven't gotten into the tangential stuff... only the webisodes... Thought about it a few times...
                            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              Have to say when Merle let that zombie loose... I really wasn't sure which way it would go... think my heart even missed a beat as he fought he way out of that chair...

I haven't gotten into the tangential stuff... only the webisodes... Thought about it a few times...
                              You know I haven't seen the Webisodes I need to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X