• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say the Word (305)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON THREE
    SAY THE WORD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305
    After a loss Rick enters the dangerous prison corridors alone, while the others look for a way to care for their newest member. Michonne presses her suspicions about the Governor, and Andrea witnesses the unpleasant underside of Woodbury.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 December 2012, 04:23 PM.

This episode was just ok for me, maybe because last week was crazy good. Andrea is starting to annoy me again, they finally gave her a brain and a backbone and poof...Nice to see Daryl step up for the baby. I hope they don't let Carol's is she or isn't she dead question go for too long....maybe she's with who ever is calling?

Comment

Welcome to Thunderdome.
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I think I need some help with this one.

1) 3 graves...

They dig 3 graves. That's for Lori, T-Dog, and Carol, right?? Yet, isn't Lori's body the half eaten remains that Rick finds... and Carol is missing... So... 3 graves, with 1 body (T-Dog)?

2) That thing on the ground

What did Rick pick up from near the half eaten corpse? Wedding ring? Oh - bullet casing? So now he knows what his son did... Yep, ok, that makes sense...

It's just occurred to me... that when these two groups meet... they will really be torn asunder... Daryl will want to side with his brother... but... will he see that his brother is on the Wrong Side...? Oooh.... How far has Daryl come during this journey... He said himself - it was only luck that had kept him out of being in jail himself... Thunderdome would probably have thrilled him, had he not, I hope, been through the chase for Sofia...

I really thought, rather than the flower, that he was going to lay down that hand print from the childcare centre... Not that it was Sofia's hand print of course... But just the way the camera lingered on it...

I too hope they don't drag out Carol's mystery... Sofia's was bad enough (great story line, taken just a bit too far).
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Well that was one of the more sickening episodes I've seen. I was watching with four other people and we all sort of covered our mouths when we realized that Lori's body was missing...But at first we thought that maybe Carl hadn't of shot her, and then we saw the large-bellied zombie...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            Well that was one of the more sickening episodes I've seen. I was watching with four other people and we all sort of covered our mouths when we realized that Lori's body was missing...But at first we thought that maybe Carl hadn't of shot her, and then we saw the large-bellied zombie...
            Over the years I've managed to get my wife to watch Doctor Who, Stargate, Star Trek... First movie I took her to (not knowing its nature I swear) was 8mm... She's also sat through 28 Hours Later, Dawn of the Dead, even Shaun of the Dead... And I think I got her to watch some of the Walking Dead pilot... but that was it for her...

Well, today I watched "Say the Word" with her in the room... (instead of the usual, late Monday night after she's asleep in bed) and after a cute "Oh, a baby" comment at the opening, all I heard after that were comments like "OMG why did I look up at that moment!" (foot crushing a head), and "What crap is this that you are watching?!"

Needless to say... I don't think she's going to watch, or let me watch any more with her in the room...

(Also worth noting she's 6 months pregnant and still getting some morning sickness...)

(Oh, and a few weeks ago when 28 Weeks Later was on the tv, and I watched the first 10 minutes or so with her in bed before leaving her to go to sleep, I heard an almighty scream... Ran down to the bedroom to find - her cat had been locked in the cupboard, and making scratching noises...)
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

I think Rick is going of the deep end for a good long while....hopefully he's back before the Governor comes knocking. I too was disturbed by the scene with the engourged walker....ugh

Comment

Yeah this one fell really flat for me and just went sort of over that edge with grossness. I mean before it's gross but it usually is balanced out with reasoning or other heart warming action to sort of off set things. I did like Daryl with the baby that was really touching...not sure if it was realistic though but still...nice to see how far he has grown as a character.

To answer cosmichobo's questions: I think Rick found Lori's body half eaten and yes the bullet casing ....giving him the full picture there and at first I mistook that almost pregnant looking zombie as a pregnant walker then I realized OMG that is the one who ate Lori OMG... *gags* that was a bit too much. I so wanted Rick to be able to make some peace with her remains.....and not have to face that horrific thing.... I mean how much can one man endure? No wonder he is bat crap crazy....and I also hope that they don't let Rick stay in lala land too long....I suppose something is going to have to snap him out of his haze soon enough

As far as Carol.. *sigh* I too hated that they actually showed the 3 graves...so what did they bury if it wasn't Carol's body? You know I"m going to be really upset if that is it for Carol? I mean no real send off for her? That is low down. But maybe they found a walker and thought it was Carol's body and just buried it IDK? *Sigh* but I hope they do solve that mystery once and for all....onscreen and I just pray that she doesn't reappear as a walker I mean with her daughter that was really horrific....but if they do it to her....that will be just down right cliche IMO.

As for Andrea...yeah I had my hunch that she would fall for the governor....alot of you are saying this is out of character for her...but really if you look...Andrea is more of a type of person who latches onto people. She only gets strong when she absolutely has to .....when there is no one else to carry her. I mean look it was her sister, then Dale, then for a time Shane....then....now Michonne ....now that she is gone now it's going to be the governor. I think that is why she wasn't repulsed by Merle's moves initially cuz I truly thing Andrea is fishing for a new host to latch on to

Oh and what was with the zombie games I mean really? they can't find any other form of entertainment....football? Soccer? I mean that was just sick...but again that is a direct reflection of the Governor and just how evil he is. And if Andrea can't see that She is farther gone than I thought and truly desperate for a new mate.

Oh and the Governor's daughter I have no words for that.....again I can't imagine what I'd do in that situation...but do you think they showed that to show that he was trying to be somewhat loving to his family and sympathetic...that he's not a complete nut...or maybe they were showing this is why he's gone over the edge crazy??

That was beyond creepy.
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  I think I need some help with this one.

1) 3 graves...

They dig 3 graves. That's for Lori, T-Dog, and Carol, right?? Yet, isn't Lori's body the half eaten remains that Rick finds... and Carol is missing... So... 3 graves, with 1 body (T-Dog)?
                  Graves are dug to be symbolic. A lot of times, especially in wars, there are graves but no bodies with an empty casket.

2) That thing on the ground

What did Rick pick up from near the half eaten corpse? Wedding ring? Oh - bullet casing? So now he knows what his son did... Yep, ok, that makes sense...
                  Bullet casing makes sense, as the ring would have probably been eaten by the walker.

I really thought, rather than the flower, that he was going to lay down that hand print from the childcare centre... Not that it was Sofia's hand print of course... But just the way the camera lingered on it...
                  The white flower dates back to season 2 when Daryl brings it to Carol after he goes out searching for Sophia. It's called the Cherokee Rose.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    \Oh and what was with the zombie games I mean really? they can't find any other form of entertainment....football? Soccer? I mean that was just sick...but again that is a direct reflection of the Governor and just how evil he is. And if Andrea can't see that She is farther gone than I thought and truly desperate for a new mate.
                    I think this shows the true nature of Woodbury and what the current environment can do to people. I mean we already watch people in a ring beating each other bloody. In a world that's full of violence and chaos, the zombies don't seem like that big of a leap anymore.

Oh and the Governor's daughter I have no words for that.....again I can't imagine what I'd do in that situation...but do you think they showed that to show that he was trying to be somewhat loving to his family and sympathetic...that he's not a complete nut...or maybe they were showing this is why he's gone over the edge crazy??

That was beyond creepy.
                    It's clear that the Governor is insane. The fact that he is caring for his zombie daughter is just further proof of this. The loss of his family is likely what sent him over the edge.
                    He's also sadistic and power-hungry, but that's another story.
                    sigpic

Comment

Zombie sport wow, heres me thinking they were gonna kill the zombies instead of fighting each other, like trying to get more kills then the other guy

Oh yeah and when the phone rings during the apocalypse be sure to answer wonder whose on the other end?

I really like that there chopping and changing between woodbury and the prison really neat idea

Hope Carol isnt dead

As for Andrea...yeah I had my hunch that she would fall for the governor....alot of you are saying this is out of character for her...but really if you look...Andrea is more of a type of person who latches onto people. She only gets strong when she absolutely has to .....when there is no one else to carry her. I mean look it was her sister, then Dale, then for a time Shane....then....now Michonne ....now that she is gone now it's going to be the governor. I think that is why she wasn't repulsed by Merle's moves initially cuz I truly thing Andrea is fishing for a new host to latch on to
                      Andrea isn't a Gou'old, This is The Walking Dead not Stargate

To answer cosmichobo's questions: I think Rick found Lori's body half eaten and yes the bullet casing ....giving him the full picture there and at first I mistook that almost pregnant looking zombie as a pregnant walker then I realized OMG that is the one who ate Lori OMG... *gags* that was a bit too much. I so wanted Rick to be able to make some peace with her remains.....and not have to face that horrific thing.... I mean how much can one man endure? No wonder he is bat crap crazy....and I also hope that they don't let Rick stay in lala land too long....I suppose something is going to have to snap him out of his haze soon enough
                      Yeah i hope Rick doesnt stay in lala land for too long either, but then i hoped we would get more from the Ricktatorship
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 13 November 2012, 04:39 PM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        Zombie sport wow, heres me thinking they were gonna kill the zombies instead of fighting each other, like trying to get more kills then the other guy

Oh yeah and when the phone rings during the apocalypse be sure to answer wonder whose on the other end?

I really like that there chopping and changing between woodbury and the prison really neat idea

Hope Carol isnt dead

Andrea isn't a Gou'old, This is The Walking Dead not Stargate
                        hehehe yeah funny but she doesn't ever really have a spine though...that is my point...it's all an illusion...there is no spine

Comment

Three awesome aspects from the comics in this one - The Governor's daughter, the zombie fights, and the phone at the end. The "new" Rick is going to be pretty interesting for sure.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Three awesome aspects from the comics in this one - The Governor's daughter, the zombie fights, and the phone at the end. The "new" Rick is going to be pretty interesting for sure.
                            Did the Phone actually ring? On one hand I am pretty sure the land lines are down and there is no way to call, but then I kind of would have liked it if the Producers had him just pick up the phone instead of making it ring.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                              Did the Phone actually ring? On one hand I am pretty sure the land lines are down and there is no way to call, but then I kind of would have liked it if the Producers had him just pick up the phone instead of making it ring.
                              Yeah I was wondering that too... because honestly I doubt that their phone lines are up and running but who knows... I know they have no electricity but that doesn't necessarily affect the phone lines I don't know how that would work...if you need people to keep phone lines running or not? But it's possibly just Rick having a hallucination or something??

Comment

Working...
                              X