• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child of the Moon (207)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON TWO
    CHILD OF THE MOON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    A vengeful Spencer threatens to destroy David's reputation in Storybrooke, while Ruby prepares for her first full moon since the curse was broken. In her past, Red encounters a group of people like her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2012, 11:31 AM.

Great episode. I loved it's focus on Ruby and then having Belle there as her friend in light of Snow's departure.

And how about that...Rumpel does something for nothing in return.

Comment

I also liked the episode, I love the twist they've done on Red Ridding Hoods story in general to make it sort of their own. Ruby is one of my favourite characters in the series. Her back story in the original land was also interesting.

I wouldn't say Rumpel didn't something for nothing. I don't think he's capable of that. My guess he knows Ruby and Belle are friends, and is hoping Ruby will put a good word in for him.

I also enjoyed the dream of Henry and Auora. I can't wait to see more of that. I just hope we see more of Hook and August soon.
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
        I wouldn't say Rumpel didn't something for nothing. I don't think he's capable of that. My guess he knows Ruby and Belle are friends, and is hoping Ruby will put a good word in for him.
        I'm sorry, but how did Rumpel help Ruby? He helped Henry with his transporting to the nether world

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          I'm sorry, but how did Rumpel help Ruby? He helped Henry with his transporting to the nether world
          Oh wow, that was a major brain malfunction. I had there. Whoops! To many theories in my head, and now I'm mixing them all up.
          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I really liked the episode as well. And I think that, technically, Rumple does expect to get something out of helping Henry. I think he knows enough about the sleeping curse and the dreams to realize that the person Henry sees is probably in the FTL. So he probably figures that helping Henry control the dreams will result in Henry eventually being able to talk to the person in the dreams, which means he'd be talking to someone still in FTL. And Rumple, just like everyone else, wants to know if there is a way to get back to the other world. I don't think it's so much that he's using Henry in a bad way, just that he's hoping Henry will be able to help all of them.

I like that Ruby and Belle are friends. I wonder if there will be a bit of jealousy when Snow gets back, since until now she's been one of the only people who truly believes in Red on her own, or if Snow will just assume Belle is a part of the "sisterhood" that she and Red and Cinderella and all have always had. And she'd probably try to drag Emma in as well lol. Though that could be awkward...The kinds of things you talk to your girlfriends about is not necessarily the kinds of things you want your daughter to hear, but Snow's friends are all the age to be Emma's friends and so far Emma doesn't seem to be the type to find many friends. I think Emma and Snow are going to have to figure out if they want a mother/daughter relationship or a friend relationship, because otherwise I see awkwardness and some issues in their future. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how the girfriend dynamics work out after everyone is in one place again. I could totally see Mulan and Emma being friends who just practice fighting on each other and never talk lol.
            sigpic
            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Maybe it was just because I've had a lot of bad history with fires (homes burned, lost some childhood friends, etc) but those dream sequences were horrific! Yikes!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I thought the episode was great (and Red is one of my favorite characters, so it was nice to have the focus on her!), but oh wow, those were TERRIBLE CGI wolves. Please, better special effects!
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I'm willing to let the CGI slip on those wolves.

You can see where they are going with this though, perhaps even the dreamland is the way for Snow to get back, which kind of leaves Emma out in the cold because she hasn't fallen under the sleeping spell.

Unless Gold comes to the rescue...

Comment

I'm thinking that the dreamscape is how Henry will communicate what's going on in both worlds, almost like an interpretor lol. He can tell the people in the fairy tale world what's going on, and he can tell the people in Storybrooke the same thing. So he can let them know that Emma & co. found part of what they need to get home, and that the dwarves found the diamonds. So the two worlds will be able to work together to get everyone home.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      I'm thinking that the dreamscape is how Henry will communicate what's going on in both worlds, almost like an interpretor lol. He can tell the people in the fairy tale world what's going on, and he can tell the people in Storybrooke the same thing. So he can let them know that Emma & co. found part of what they need to get home, and that the dwarves found the diamonds. So the two worlds will be able to work together to get everyone home.
                      That may be what "they" want us to think, but they might have a trick up their sleeves to flip it on us.

It seems to me, that only Henry's mental self is transported there since he is still in bed when he sleeps (same with Sleeping Beauty).

Here's the question, does everyone in Storybrooke want to go back? Prince Charming told Henry they would bring Emma and Snow "back home", but that they would follow them to FTL. And the townsfolk did want to leave town and explore this new world when they thought the curse broken, but before they realized they couldn't leave without losing their FTL selves.

So it seems to me, very few people want to return to FTL (if any) at the most.

Another question, what would the townsfolk do in FTL if they returned and had all the knowledge of both FTL and Storybrooke selves? Would they create plumbing, electricity, etc?

I also just want to know how to they survive in Storybrooke where do they get their resources?
                      Last edited by Mrja84; 16 November 2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Good episode. The wife and I really enjoyed it.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          Another question, what would the townsfolk do in FTL if they returned and had all the knowledge of both FTL and Storybrooke selves? Would they create plumbing, electricity, etc?

I also just want to know how to they survive in Storybrooke where do they get their resources?
                          On you latter part, i think they get supplies in.. It seems the curse affects anyone OF storybrook, not those from outside.

on the former. I would love to see whether they could even recreate the tech of our lands in FTL..

Comment

I liked the episode but thought the King's reason for going bad was kind of weak. He murders a couple of people to frame Red all so the town will lose faith in Charming. Also why did he keep Red's hood instead of burning it. And he also kept the murder weapon in his car with the hood.

Is the king going to jail now or will he just be able to run around free like the other murders. I guess the town people will ignore the fact they hunted wolves in the past and leave Red alone for now on. Reminds me of something I didn't like. None of the town's people tried to help Red. They know the lady for nearly 30 years and no one speaks up for her. Of coarse fair tails tend to have angry mobs at the drop of a hat.

Someone in the distant past was saying maybe the dreamworld would be used to get Emma and Snow back or at least talk to them. I can get behind that idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X