Why was "Enterprise" cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    I already stated in my opening post that low ratings was obvious. We're here to discuss why they were low.
    Again. Because It was crap. In fact your mum's statements are a good indicator of the attitude of the casual audience's view of the show. It was boring and full of character that were dull, stupid, or morally repugnant in turn. And all that; plus the continuity violations turned off the geekier audience.

Franchise saturation may also have been a factor, given that a trek show had contiuinally been on the air since TNG's first season in the 80s. But I'm inclined to beleive if the writing and production quality had been higher it would have retained a core audience that might have kept it going longer.

The franchise saturation thing, coupled with the idea that only geeks watch star trek is presumably the reason why it was intially only called 'Enterprise' which i guess was though to be trek like enough to attract trekkies while not putting others off.

Obviously this didn't work out which is why the had to change the title in S3 to plead the long time fans to come back. lol.
    Last edited by Crazedwraith; 05 November 2012, 05:27 AM.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
    X