No announcement yet.

Nick and Juliette [Spoilers for Season 2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping that she does begin to remember Nick and what happened in the trailer. He does tell her, but she doesn't think she could handle not so much the wesen world, but how involved Nick will be and how his life (and hers if she stays with him) will always be in danger. The two have a grown up civilized conversation and which ends with Juliette ending the relationship. Assuming that there is a third season, Juliette will be a recurring character.
    sigpic

Comment

I think for the "forgiving" part there will be Monroe there with her at the trailer. Monroe is ways better in doing explanations than Nick and I think IF Juliette will really start to remember when she actually SEES all the stuff in the trailer she will need a damned good explanation not to go completely nuts.
      About the "putting her in danger" Nick did tell her to be careful dealing with Adalind. True, he didn't tell her why but he warned her. Did Juliette stop this? Nope. After rewatching the 1st season a couple of times now I cannot judge only Nick. Juliette acted sometimes as NIck would have a 9/5-usual-job which he never had, not as a cop. So, also the cop Nick should have put Juliette in danger just because she's his girlfriend. And I will give that credit to Nick that he didn't really KNEW with what he had to deal with as a Grimm. He acted as he would be a sort of Wesen-cop in season 1.So, he did what he always did - he never told Juliette everything about the cases he worked on. Will you judge him for that too? He also have put Juliette in danger with not telling her after what sort of killer he was before his inheritage began. The right psychopath at the right time also could have done any harm to Juliette, just like Adalind did.
      No one from both is to blame here. True, I'm with the most, i want Juliette to know the truth. But I don't want to see her leaving. I think she could be a great part of TeamGrimm, definetely more useful than Hank with her medical background. She and Nick as couple again would be very, very welcome for me, I loved them both together in season 1 and I hated the first half of season 2 with them more or less slowly splitting and drifting away from the other. Next Friday will be episode 2.17, I was talking about episode 2.22. It's not like Juliette remembers and jumps back on Nick's side. I think she will be angry when she finds out, but I think finally they will come together again. Hopeful at the end of the season so we would have a sort of closure just in case NBC would cancel Grimm. I don't see Juliette will marry Nick (well, not now), but there's enough time to bring them together again without letting it look cheap.
      My opinion *shrugs*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I'm against a reunion for many reasons:

1. You're right that Juliette wanted Nick to work a 9-5 job. This is odd for many reasons. 1. He is a detective. They don't work 9-5, but worse, this couple has been together three years, and she is just now having concerns or problems with his hours and job, making her either inconsistent or idiotic.
        2. She needed to be asking questions after the fire dancer episode. She just accepts the bizarre too easily.
        3. She won't marry Nick. Their relationship was not going anywhere and now is stalled. Since marriage for them, if that is what they both want, has already been deemed impossible if Nick hides things, then Juliette must leave Nick or accept she will always be kept in the dark.
        By the end of Season 1, they are in trouble. In Season 2:
        4. Juliette doesn't remember Nick, but she isn't that attracted to him either. She doesn't act like an adult in a relationship or even someone used to living with a roommate. She is a bad partner.
        5. She refuses to accept any help from the grandmother in La Llorona. She has no tolerance for the mystic, making her a bad associate for the Grimm. She tolerates Rosalee because she needs her.
        6. She doesn't act like a responsible adult ever. She doesn't confront Nick. She whines at Monroe for keeping secrets, but they can't tell her based on how she stubbornly refuses to even discuss the cat scratch.
        7. She is nicer to Adalind than Nick.

She needs to go. From the relationship certainly, and from the show if possible.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I noticed her lack of respect for Nick´s job. It was when Monroe told her "he has a dangerous job, you know, he is a cop." and she was like "yeah, whatever". That I disliked.

I don´t want them to be together. I like how Nick is now. Ironically, he seems more relaxed now when he doesn´t have to worry about her all the time. Also, if I were Juliette, I wouldn´t be able to forgive him. I absolutely HATE when people lie to me and this was like continuing lie with a hint of amnesia, danger...she almost slept with another man! If she did and it was under the influence of the spell, I can´t imagine how it would feel. I know Nick is probably worried what could it do to her and maybe thinks it´s not that wise to tell her now and let it to solve itself (maybe he hopes she remembers?) and with her behaviour, she wouldn´t probably believe him anyway. He reaction to Monroe´s "Do you remember the cat scratch?" , she responded like, yes, a stubborn teenager that someone mentioned her.

I really hope they can find something useful for her to do - without her and Nick being back together. I don´t want them as a couple this season. It would be too soon and I never really believed them it anyway.
          Sorry, Hyn.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

agree on that, when they became a couple, he was already a cop, so it was clear from the beginning that he would not have an 'office' job and that it would surely be dangerous for him and maybe for her too
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

As far as we know Nick was a cop, yep, but he wasn't detective when he and Juliette first met (2.06), he was "only" an officer. From what we've seen so far I have the impression that Nick just was promoted short time before his inheritage began, so for me it is possible that Juliette simply haven't got the experience of the difference between those two jobs. Homicide-detective is a pretty hard job, traffic-officer can be difficult sometimes, but not as much as working as a detective. That's my explanation for Juliette's reaction during season 1.

Season 2 is difficult as she cannot remember Nick at all, haven't got a clue with what she has to deal with. True, Nick as a detective and a grimm is a double-dangerous person, especially when you don't realize/remember what happened during the last year. So, for me it is explanable how Juliette reacted so far.

The question is: HOW she will react when she finally remembers? Her first reaction in 1.22 was to run away and tell Nick he's crazy. But 1.21 she asked him if it would be possible that those storys were real. Was that the start of the spell or why Juliette suddenly didn't remembered her own doubts? That's my question.

@MasySyma:
              Well, when someone you've never seen before, comes to you, telling you a weird story about somewhat that sounds familiar to (that woman didn't told Juliette exactly what happened to her, she more asked questions) vague enough to could lead to nearly everything but has some aspects you remember, you believe that? Wow! I'm a new age witch and I NEVER ask my clients any question before I do any scrying. I only ask when they are coming because of sicknesses never for soosayings. It's ways too easy to cheat when you already know the answers (besides the fact that 90 % want to know about their love *sigh*).
              I know I wouldn't! Whoever would come up to me with such weird stuff I would not believe one single sentence. Besides, I would die to see that woman again. Loved the way the actress did her role

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

I could handle her rejection of the old woman if she listened to others. The woman offers her an explanation that could help, and Juliette just pushes her away. If I was in her place, I would be considering information from many sources to make my own decision.

Half of my problem with Juliette is that she is too helpless. She is too passive to be a good partner to Nick.

Comment

I chalk most of my dislike of Juliette due to poor writing for her character. Adalind and Rosalee are written well, but Juliette's actions would only be believable if she were a teenager.

Comment

That's a funny comment about Rosalee and Adalind. Because I wished since Rosalee took the Spice Shop over that she and Juliette would meet (and probably become friends and more). Now it happened and ... to me it appears that Bitsie is the better actress while Bree with her together on screen seems ... weak in her role.
                    About the "Teenage-thing" ... remember the scenes from 2.07 and 2.11 when Juliette is together with her friends? I think this spell Adalind put over her let her act out of character. Her friends are always shocked about how Juliette is handling the situation with Nick. That's not really the Juliette they know. So I assume the spell also affected her personality. Only the three episodes, since the spell seems to be broken, Juliette is more active, she's more digging around. True, mostly because she fears to lose her mind, but she's more acting like in season 1 now then she was before.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

But those are just speculations. I wish they would address it directly, not letting us excuse the fact that she, indeed, is badly written, by theories that may or may not be true.
                      It will be interesting to see her reaction when she remembers - and I hope they won´t leave it to finale but make it happen sooner - because I can imagine her being very, VERY angry.
                      And, geez, I really, really hope they won´t make them a couple again. At least not in this season.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I was surprised at how I liked the writers patching the couple up. I like that Juliette finally started taking charge of her life a bit, and I don't mind them as a couple headed into season 3.

Comment

I was happy with it too. Now I want to see a double date in season 3 (with Rosalee and Monroe).
                          sigpic

Comment

I hope Juliette will be useful and not just a damsel in distress. She is, basically, a doctor, so her teaming up with Rosalee could be interesting. She could learn all the stuff Rosalee knows. Nick will need to refresh all those potions and poisons he has in the trailer, they will run out eventually. I think this may be a way how to integrate Juliette into the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                              I hope Juliette will be useful and not just a damsel in distress. She is, basically, a doctor, so her teaming up with Rosalee could be interesting. She could learn all the stuff Rosalee knows. Nick will need to refresh all those potions and poisons he has in the trailer, they will run out eventually. I think this may be a way how to integrate Juliette into the story.
                              I agree. She could become a valued member, and I hope the helpless Juliette stuff stops.

Comment

Working...
                              X