Nick and Juliette [Spoilers for Season 2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick and Juliette [Spoilers for Season 2]

I wasn't a fan of Juliet in Season 1, but my disdain for their romance is getting worse.

Aside from the Juliet-Renard arc, It doesn't feel like Nick is trying to win her back. He isn't showing her how well he knows her or that he loves her.

Thoughts?
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

I think he's getting tired, not only of her, but of everything. There needs to be something joyful happening to our Grimm, otherwise he'll become a grim Grimm
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I think the most of the "trying to win her back"-stuff is going on off-screen because ... well, Grimm IS still a crime-show and the drama-stuff has to be shoveled into the background for the case of the week. And we actually saw Nick talking with Juliette about her likes and dislikes. True, the last time something like that happened was in 2.08 when they danced but I'm sure he was working hard to win her back.
      But I'm also with mi_guard, I know after MONTHS of trying and fighting I would finally give up (in fact, I did some time ago) because that's getting old and more and more annoying for the trying part, especially when there's no response.

Well, I liked Juliette in season 1 but I still think TPTB underused her ways too much. She IS clever, or maybe I see her this way because I know what it means to become a vet (one of my cousins *funny* in US is a vet, also one of my nieces over here). Maybe she is still too perfect, that's true, but I think if she would have a real chance to she would grow very well as a character.
      Last edited by Hyndara71; 03 November 2012, 01:35 PM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

The writers need to give us an exact time marker. If days, the plot makes sense. If months, Nick needs to move out.

I'm seeing Nick make occasional large gestures (the dinner), but relationships are about the small things. He doesn't seem to make her coffee just right or tell the story of their shared possessions.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
          The writers need to give us an exact time marker. If days, the plot makes sense. If months, Nick needs to move out.
          There was in this episode. Juliette said it was two months ago when she was at the hospital.

I'm seeing Nick make occasional large gestures (the dinner), but relationships are about the small things. He doesn't seem to make her coffee just right or tell the story of their shared possessions.
          He did during the first time after Juliette woke up (2.03) and also when she came home (2.04, 2.05). But after two months ... well, I knew I had stopped talking about "good old times". About making her coffee ... we simply don't know if or if not. Nick seems usually to come home later than Juliette (3 am this time) and moving out later (his alarm was set on 8 am in 2.08). Sure, he could make her breakfast but Juliette doesn't seem to eat breakfast. We only saw her moving out with this thermosjug several times. And we don't know their coffeemaker. Sorry, not a coffee-girl but as far as I know there are several coffeemakers with timer out there. So, maybe they have one of those *shrugs*. Or maybe Nick isn't good in making coffee *snickers*, who knows?

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Nick missed the perfect chance to tell Juliet everything in 211. They also lack any chemistry this season. I hope Nick gets a new girlfriend out of all this.

Comment

I agree with you that Nick is getting tired of all this. I can´t imagine myself in his shoes. Over a two years ago, he had a girlfriend, a job, a normal life with perhaps planning a family...and then boom, everything goes to hell and getting worse. Him being more secretive and "dark" isn´t helping. I think part of the problem is that Juliette can start "fresh" with him now. When she fell for him for the first time, he was this young police officer, without any hint of...um, evil? insinde him. This time, when he is basically a stranger to her, she probably feels the Grimm inside him. She knows that Nick behaves strangely and I believe they have some major communication issues (they probably had them before but they were in love so it didn´t matter that much).
              There were some theories about Nick being a loner, whose hobby is his job and this whole situation proves it. I think he has big trust issues (even now, he doesn´t tell Hank and Monroe everything), and with more people involved in his life, he is ironically becoming more secretive and closed. it may be an interesting turn for his character in the future (going "Angelus" from Angel for two or three episodes ) but it is not definitely good for a normal relationship. He either needs to tell Juliette the whole truth or let her go. Hold on her skirt just for the sake of a seeming normalcy is not good, especially when their life will never be normal again.

I think Juliette needs to go. I never really believed them as a couple and she was very underused. It got better with the end of Season 1 but now when Hank knows and this creepy Renard obsession story-line, they didn´t help her. And with Rosalee and Adelind in one episode with her, she will have no chance to stand on her own.
              Last edited by Klenotka; 12 November 2012, 02:43 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I disagree. I love their little moments when she's starting to fall for him. I really disliked how little they did to explain their relationship in season 1. I love to see it growing again now, despite the circumstances. However, the character could definitely use some improvement.

Comment

maybe they should ask Hank to explain the wesen to Juliette - he seems to find the better wording (I admired how he was able to explain the unexplainable during the last episode).
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                    maybe they should ask Hank to explain the wesen to Juliette - he seems to find the better wording (I admired how he was able to explain the unexplainable during the last episode).
                    I'm not sure but maybe Monroe will fill in. I'm thinking about that sneak pic where Juliette sits with him, drinking tea or coffee. She looks ... revealed and calm, just the opposite of what we've seen during the last episodes. Maybe he will decide to tell her before she's going completely nuts.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

at the beginning of the season, I remember thinking its going to hard for them, because without Juliett remembering their relationship, all she would know of nick is the way he is now. she will never know him being anything other than a grimm.

now it seems like it would be best for both characters to break up. that way Nick could go "darker" as a grimm and once this Renard story is ended, she can be her own character instead of just Nick's girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am beginning to think that´s exactly where they want to go with her. I believe it would be the best for her character right now.

I wrote that above that Juliette doesn´t remember the normal, kind, by-the-numbers Nick. She met Grimm Nick, and she would have to be stupid not to sense some...I don´t know, darkness (?) inside him. It may be difficult to be attracted to a person who lies to me. He is a complete stranger to her after all.
                        Simply put, he isn´t the Nick she fell for anymore so it is probably a little tough to remember when he is such a different person now.

I have to admit, if they are really going that way, then it is original and unusual. Main heroes of fantasy shows usually don´t have girlfriends or wives (husbands or boyfriends if the rare occassion when a woman is a lead happens), but to have a perfectly working relationship that is basically destroyed by something neither of them can predict, and is cause by hero´s (Nick´s) secret life, that is a nice twist. There is a big potential in it. Juliette could stick around, help occassionally, with the slight chance that they could be together again one day.
                        But I have to admit, it is pretty heartbreaking to watch Nick losing a woman he loves. Nothing changed for him, he still loves her but she doesn´t know him. You can say that the loss of Juliette has exactly the predictable effect on him - he is cranky, angry and sometimes violent. It will be interesting to watch his reactions from now on (if they won´t decide to fix her memory. Let´s hope they won´t do it)
                        Last edited by Klenotka; 14 November 2012, 10:09 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Good points.

I'm hoping Juliet ends up angry at both men. Perhaps she can become a villain and join Adalind.

Comment

Nick is never a dark Grimm all along,that is why he could manage to connect wesens,he is a police officer first,he has his limits to go to only a point,he is angry to captain because he feels betrayed and juilette doesn't know anything but captain does,and as Jim kouf said captain somehow taking advantage of juilette,all spoilers teasing of this particular scene between renard/juilette,one thing I m sure about scene that they will make out but still not sure if this make out session is gonna end up having sex because it seems like it ends with a gun shot,probably juilette was shooting the gun as we saw at the promo while her blouse was on her.if they end up having sex,this will be the end of the juilette/nick permanently in my opinion.I can't see him accepting back.for juilette also end of the road,once obsession ends which will be soon,she won't be with renard.I m still hoping juilette's love for nick is stronger than this spell and while she recovers her memory nick must be very open to her about Grimm world,than she can decide to be with him by helping him or leave.juilette is important for thing that she is Nick's sanctuary and he loves her.

Comment

Mh ... I doubt that they will ever be a couple again, as much as I loved them together, Juliette with Sean in one bed is end of line. Nothing beyond that, or I have the wrong character for Nick in mind. For me (as someone WHO had such a triangle in RL as the fifth wheel) it WAS the end to find my BF together with another one (his ex) in our bed. Maybe the male part of humankind sees this a little different, don't know.
                              About Sean/Juliette ... I wouldn't say there is no chance for them both. As Monroe already told Renard: there was an attraction from the beginning and maybe that was the reason why Juliette didn't came along at the precinct in season 1. We only saw them both together in one scene in season 1 and I have to say with the knowledge of season 2 this scene is a little bit different from my first point of view. Maybe Juliette avoided going to the precinct because she felt something for Renard. Could be, who knows? And maybe, after all is said and done, spell is broken and Juliette's memory restored, she will give this relationship a real try - or go along with Hank *shrugs*.
                              About being open about Wesen and Grimm I'm completely with you - but I also can understand Nick that he doesn't want to tell Juliette again. Not after the desaster from the first time

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X