Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney acquires Lucasfilm

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disn...-lucasfilm-ltd

Last edited by Replicator Todd; 30 October 2012, 04:55 PM.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...i-set-for-2015

..... !!!!!!! Frak, what the hell is going on ?
    sigpic

Comment

I just came in here to post this...what the frak?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

What the heck is going on? I'm completely shocked at this news, I don't know if I should be excited or what?!

Comment

What the frackin' heck, is this for real? Are we actually going to get an Episode 7??
          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

well the ten year old kid in me is leaping for joy.

Comment

I repeat

what the frak?

first marvel now star wars, disney is taking over the world and disney will end up owning everything

also 2015 new movie
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

This won't end good. Just sayin'...
                My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

I shall jump for joy when they announce the original actors returning for EP7, but considering Marvel and their films have done really well, I have high hopes for the next film.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure about this. I'm willing to wait and see though.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I've been following this and this could be either a very good move or one that will destory the future of Star Wars forever.
                      1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
                      5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
                      6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Well if they're gonna do another Star Wars I just hope that they get some actually talanted people in the creative department, which it was seriously lacking in the prequel trilogy. Who knows, maybe it'll actually be good...
                        sigpic

Comment

it's going to be a long 3 years.
                          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 30 October 2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                            ---
                            sigpic

Comment

They can build SW attractions into Disneyland now. It would be interesting to make a photo about Darth Vader and Snow White together. Or Dart Vader and Bambi? I don't know which one is better.

Seriously. I don't understand Mr. Lucas. This franchise was his child. His own company could have made so many movies / tv shows / games. Even if they could make a horrible SW movie I am sure about it would have been succesful financially. So why?

But it also means that maybe the fans will get finaly what he was not willing to do. So we have to wait and we will see where this decision will lead.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X