X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossroad Blues (208)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by The CW
    When two highly successful professionals die after claiming to be haunted by hellhounds, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate the local dive bar and discover it sits upon a site where a deal-making demon has been making people's dreams come true in exchange for their souls.

Dean summons the demon to exorcise it but is horrified after it reveals the painful truth about John's death and tempts Dean by offering him the one thing he wants more than anything - his father.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

I really like this episode. Love how it is placed strategically between what John did for Dean and what Dean is going to do later. On one hand it makes Dean's later action seem very hypocritical, but on the other hand it shows just how messed up and confused he is about his own self worth.

Also, I have a question about the ubiquitous windmill. Do you guys think it shows up all over the place just because they don't have enough money for the show to have more props and shooting locations (I mean, it's obviously the same motel rooms over and over with different decor and every other house they go to has a bay window that looks suspiciously like Bobby's), or do you think they may be making some sort of Don Quixote reference? Sam and Dean certainly do their fair share of "dragon-slaying" while everyone else thinks they're crazy and they never get to settle down with "the girl of their dreams" or their ideal life.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
      I really like this episode. Love how it is placed strategically between what John did for Dean and what Dean is going to do later. On one hand it makes Dean's later action seem very hypocritical, but on the other hand it shows just how messed up and confused he is about his own self worth.
      I totally agree with this.

Originally posted by Callista View Post
      Also, I have a question about the ubiquitous windmill. Do you guys think it shows up all over the place just because they don't have enough money for the show to have more props and shooting locations (I mean, it's obviously the same motel rooms over and over with different decor and every other house they go to has a bay window that looks suspiciously like Bobby's), or do you think they may be making some sort of Don Quixote reference? Sam and Dean certainly do their fair share of "dragon-slaying" while everyone else thinks they're crazy and they never get to settle down with "the girl of their dreams" or their ideal life.
      I have no idea what you mean about "windmill".
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X