X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook Man (107)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by The CW
    The infamous "Hook Man," a vengeful spirit who kills his victims with a shiny hook that serves as his hand, terrorizes a small college town in Iowa. Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) learn that all the victims are connected to the daughter of a local minister and race to find and destroy the Hook Man's bones before he comes for them.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Again I love how Sam and Dean do their research, always finding the true story behind crazy events. One thing I've noticed in the early days now with rewatching this is how Dean was the one at the laptop finding the information. Later on it was always Sam, Dean seemed to play the 'clueless' one. Don't know why that changed.

Nice twist with not knowing who the spirit was latched on to until the preacher was attacked. The idea of a murderous preacher seeking out those that were 'morally depraved' was a creepy idea, They were certainly dispatched in a horrific way! The boyfriend's dead fingers scraping against the roof of the car was a horrible creepy moment.

Nice way the tension was racked up with the scraping on the wall with the invisible hook and the frenzied collection by Sam and Dean of all the silver in the church and house, only to find that nothing happened. Of course the preacher's tallisman had been melted down and recast as a new necklace the girl was wearing! You're almost relieved to see it melting in the fire at the end!

Comment

I haven't watched this one in so long. I really should re-watch Season 1 soon in its entirety.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I also love the thread of truth behind each Urban Legend.
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I think season one is my favorite, because it is focused on "supernatural" events, a new monster each week and it's so creepy/scary! Perfect for Halloween! later on in the season it just seems so story driven and so different.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X