List of Sam and Jack Season Eight Fics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Sam and Jack Season Eight Fics

Yet another list for everyone's enjoyment, these fics all take place during SG-1 Season Eight. If you've got a fic to recommend please make sure to list which episode the story takes place in.

List of Sam and Jack Season Eight Fanfics

General Season 8 Fics
    Aftershocks IV (Aftershocks Series) by Rachel500: A series of TAGS for Seasons Seven and Eight. As the threat of Anubis and the Replicators brings the war to a tense climax, a reunited SG1 wrestle with their personal demons and choices, where they belong and who they belong with...
    Another Day, Another Scar by ALC Punk: Sam Carter is really beginning to regret taking over as leader of SG1.
    As the 'Gate Turns by Annerb: The smallest things have the power to change everything. Will one moment of weakness alter the Galaxy forever? (SJ) Complete! (Alternative Season 8 Series).
    Attached by ALC Punk: And she thought she was insane before. Now the Jack O'Neill in her head talks back.
    Betrayal by GenVarel (rated NC17): Impending death makes Sam and Jack bare their souls and give in to their secret passion.
    Black & Blue by Nynaeve: There are way too many choices when Jack has to buy pens. Set somewhere in S. 8
    Clocking Out by nanda: It's Jack’s last day at the SGC. Naturally, something goes horribly wrong.
    Falling Through Grace by Bren Ren: The SGC receives unexpected visitors.
    I Will Remember You by Shiaw Mei Mei: An injured Sam needs to recover more than just her strength.
    Interlude by Ayiana2: Jack shows up unexpectedly, and he and Sam make an important decision.
    Jack's Epiphany by ziva: It takes almost dying to get Jack's attention.
    Life's Journey (Series) by Shiaw Mei Mei: Awakening to her real feelings, Sam has to make a decision; The beginning of the Journey; Sam's path has taken an interesting twist; So many changes in Jack and Sam's lives; The possibilities of happiness are interrupted; And their story continues!
    Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, and Beer by ALC Punk: They're drunk. It's his only excuse. Besides, she's cute when she's wandering the grocery store... Sam&Jack.
    Past the Breakers and the Markers by nanda: "On the plus side, Anubis had no way to find them, either."
    Project Armageddon by A. Karswyll: Brigadier General J. O'Neill always knew the end of the world could come. He just never thought it would come from an Ancient project that wasn't even spelled right.
    Regrets, Simpsons and Imaginary Friends by Nazmuko: Jack has been dead for almost a year but now he's standing on her porch. Sam is sure this is just another dream again because it's a little late for miracles. Or is it? (AU)
    Temptation by Shiaw Mei Mei: When temptation becomes too much to bear, they break.
    The Ninth Chevron by jadedfirefly: SG-1 must race to beat Ba'al to a power source capable of dialing a Stargate using a ninth symbol. Set between seasons 8 and 9.
    The Parts in the Sum of the Whole by love and petrichor: "The Universe is big, and we're small." Sam gets stranded on a planet on the other side of the galaxy, away from home and all the people she loves and cares for. This is her story told in fragments.
    The Secret Life of a Major General by A. Karswyll: Loki's unethical experimentations didn't just include cloning of humans. One such experiment is about to thrust Jack O'Neill's life even deeper into secrecy.
    Thine Own Self by Beatricce_Otter: Sam's always a good girl. Except when she isn't.

New Order Part 1 and Part 2
    Deliberate Speed by 7 League Boots: When memories of Fifth’s torture overwhelm her, Sam takes off on her motorcycle to test herself. SJ friendship. Some mild swearing a minor reference to assault.
    From Tears and Ashes, sequel to The Road Not Taken by Gen Varel: Jack must leave a pregnant Sam behind as he undertakes a mission with another Sam Carter to save Earth in an alternate universe. His Sam, in turn, is faced with an unexpected challenge.
    I Picture Myself by ALC Punk: What my brain decided was going on inside Sam Carter's head when she awoke...
    The More Things Change (Aftershocks Series) by Rachel500
    The Road Not Taken by Gen Varel (Rated M): Sam and Jack must face the consequences of their actions; then they are unexpectedly given an opportunity to mend a broken world.
    The Way Home by TerpGirl988: On the way back to Earth, Jack goes to check on Carter after her ordeal with Fifth. Missing scene for "New Order".
    The Way We Live Now by ALC Punk: SG-1's first mission, post-New Order. What's a girl to do when she's surrounded by water?

Lockdown
    Lockdowns and Chess by SkyeRose: What do our two favorite officers do when faced with several days apart? They play chess, of course! Just a little story inspired by Season 8's Lockdown. Fun, fluffy SamJack!
    Lonely at the Top (Aftershocks Series) by Rachel500
    The Atlantis Trilogy (Aftershocks Series) by Rachel500: This is a bonus Aftershock dealing with the departure of the Atlantis expedition and is a prequel for Zero Hour.

Zero Hour
    A Question of Leadership (Aftershocks Series) by Rachel500
    Better Late (The Time Trilogy Part 2) by denise
    It's Never Too Late (The Time Trilogy Part 1) by Denise
    Too Little, Too Late (The Time Trilogy Part 1) by denise: What if Jack hadn't opened the iris fast enough in Zero Hour?
    Last edited by meredithe5; 14 February 2015, 06:25 AM.
    sigpic

Icon

Don't Dream It's Over by Hlndncr: When Teal'c is trapped in a virtual reality game because he doesn't believe the goa'uld will ever be defeated, Sam and Jack are left wondering if the war will ever be over. And if they do win, what could that mean for them?

Affinity
    Affinity 2.0 by DrawnToTheRhythm: An Affinity re-write because it was not meant to be this way... Initially Sam/Pete eventually Sam/Jack
    Black by iamdkscully: A mixture of my obsession with Pearl Jam's Black and my obsession with Jack and Sam... "I wouldn't be here..." - Affinity
    Consequences of Being Touched by fems: Seven years after the Touched-virus, a new alien virus affects those previously infected. As the disease spreads, memories and bonds thought long forgotten come to light, revealing what really happened all those years ago.
    Improbably Yours by ALC Punk: There's a formal party, a president, a pardon, extreme silliness, and a bit of snark. Sam&Jack.
    Lessons Learned by Gen Varel (Rated 18+): Jack and Sam's platonic relationship reaches a crisis.
    Mustn't Keep You Waiting by Drawntotherhythm: Because there was more to Jack's reaction than a steely eyed nonchalance.
    Rings and Things by Eve8: I was strangely and pleasantly surprised at how flirty Jack and Sam have become in Season 8, and I also noticed that Sam isn’t wearing her engagement ring. So this thing just ‘popped right into my frond.’
    Twilight by KissHerJack: General O'Neill gets ansty to do some Gate travel, but a natural phenomenon on another world causes problems and changes things.

Covenant
    Last edited by meredithe5; 28 May 2013, 07:54 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Sacrifices
      Choices by ShimmeringStar214: Samantha Carter’s evolving relationships with Pete Shanahan and Jack O’Neill force her to make a tough relationship decision. Set in Season 8 immediately after ‘Covenant’ through and during ‘Sacrifices.’

Endgame
      Diplomatic Immunity by Melora 30: Sam makes an eventful decision to save Earth and is forced to pay the price.

Gemini
      Last edited by meredithe5; 13 February 2013, 07:07 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Prometheus Unbound

It's Good to Be King
        It's Good to be the Gun by Denise: Quirky POV fic
        Punches And Posies (AKA Do A Grouch A Favor Day) by wackyjacqs: Oneshot, written in honor of GW's Valenship 2013 celebration which took place on February 16th, and also ties in with 'National Do A Grouch A Favor Day', also on Feb 16th. Episode tag to S8 'It's Good To Be King'.
        Turkey Day on Harry's Planet by dreamer one: Takes place shortly after Season 8 episode Its Great to be King. SG1 has gone back to Harry's planet for a visit,now to get home...

Full Alert
        Last edited by meredithe5; 04 April 2013, 04:08 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Citizen Joe
          Man on the Inside by Drawntotherhythm: What if the catalyst for Sam visiting Jack in Threads was Joe? Missing scene from "Citizen Joe".

Reckoning Part 1 and Part 2
          Heart to Heart by Gen Varel: Sam faces death physically alone, but her loved ones never abandon her as the final battle between her desires and her conscience finally ensues.

Threads
          • This episode has it's own thread

Moebius Part 1 and Part 2
          A Little Egypt by ziva: What happened after geeks Sam and Jack kissed inside the puddle jumper in "Moebius" ? M-rated (AT Fic)
          A Pond With No Fish by Rachel500: In a universe where Jack O'Neill's pond still has no fish, SG1 are tested by politics, old enemies, and new discoveries. Will their relationships be strong enough to survive? And will Jack and Sam ever have the chance to be together?
          All to Myself, Alone by PepperF (Rated M): Moebius!Jack on his boat after Sam and Daniel paid him that visit. That crazy hair when she ripped off the life jacket got to him.
          Alone Together by ziva: This 2007 story was originally posted under one of my other pseudonyms, Amy Sithens. It is my take on what might have happened if Sam had remained at Jack's cabin after Daniel and Teal'c left.
          Ancient History by Mu-San: Sam and Jack's relationship is meant to be, it's ancient history. Chpt 1, Jack has the proof. Chpt 2 the proof is made! Ch 3, the proof is discussed! S8, spoiler for Moebius.
          Close to Perfect by holdout trout: If something was going to happen, it would happen soon.
          Custard by Trinity1.0: Sam gets a little unexpected help from Jack.
          Deadline by Gen Varel: Daniel informs Jack of an important deadline.
          Everything Changes by iwrite4fun: AU between season 8&9 with whole group. Earth is attacked and there is no way defend it. Everyone evacuates to the Beta site.
          Geeks Have Sex Too by anxiousgeek M-rated (AT Fic)
          Let Go and Hold On by Rachel500
          So Shall it Be by Denise: They fixed the future….right????? (AT Fic)
          Tag to Moebious (Part 1) by Gen Varel: Sam and Jack have a heart to heart conversation at Jack’s cabin after the war is over.
          Tag to Moebious (Part 2) by Gen Varel (Rated NC17): Sam and Jack must decide how to handle their new relationship.
          The Nature of Change by Ayiana2: The end of something wonderful can sometimes be the beginning of something even more wonderful. One shot vignette that takes place between seasons 8 and 9.
          The Poseidon Effect by Ayiana2: SG1 stands on the edge of a precipice. Will their friendship survive? Meanwhile, an unusual device is discovered on Dakara. Takes place at the end of season 8.
          Tonight with Words Unspoken (sequel to All To Myself, Alone) by PepperF (Rated M): Doctor Carter has some time to think after meeting a certain infuriating ex-colonel.
          Transcendental Love by Kirsty841 : Alternate Sam and Jack who got stranded in the alternate timeline. (AT Fic)

*AT- Alternate Timeline
          Last edited by meredithe5; 14 February 2015, 06:22 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Want to access ALL the lists?

SAM/JACK CENTRIC FANFICTION

Banner by Ikorni

Fanfiction Set in a Specific Season
            Last edited by meredithe5; 01 April 2013, 08:29 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

reserved
              sigpic

Comment

reserved2
                sigpic

Comment

reserved3
                  sigpic

Comment

Am I correct in assuming this thread (and the ones for other seasons) are basically for episode-specific fics, like missing scenes and episode tags? Not for divergence fics that start out during one episode (and perhaps follow canon for a while) and then basically take off to parts unknown?
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Am I correct in assuming this thread (and the ones for other seasons) are basically for episode-specific fics, like missing scenes and episode tags? Not for divergence fics that start out during one episode (and perhaps follow canon for a while) and then basically take off to parts unknown?
                      They can be short tag fics or stories that take place/begin during a certain episode. It's great for people that want to read stories that take place during a certain time period, even if they spin-off in a different direction from the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                        They can be short tag fics or stories that take place/begin during a certain episode.
                        Yes, but not something like... um, let's say, set during Affinity after Pete proposes to Sam and she has that talk with Jack. Then Jack somehow convinces her not to accept it and he wants the two of them to start a relationship so he/she/they resign(s) and they go to the cabin. But it turns out there's a Trust base near Jack's cabin in Minnesota and they stumble across it and try to stop those nefarious activities when they spot Ba'al there as well. Ba'al escapes their ambush and they (and the rest of SG-1) set off after him and a space adventure ensues.

Right? Because while it started out in Affinity it basically became a divergence fic because it veered off canon and went more or less into general AU territory.

EDIT:
                        I almost forgot; I wanted to say that I also have a lot of Moebius fics in the Sam/Jack AU Fic List because a lot are set in the altered timeline and/or past in Egypt.
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Yes, but not something like... um, let's say, set during Affinity after Pete proposes to Sam and she has that talk with Jack. Then Jack somehow convinces her not to accept it and he wants the two of them to start a relationship so he/she/they resign(s) and they go to the cabin. But it turns out there's a Trust base near Jack's cabin in Minnesota and they stumble across it and try to stop those nefarious activities when they spot Ba'al there as well. Ba'al escapes their ambush and they (and the rest of SG-1) set off after him and a space adventure ensues.

Right? Because while it started out in Affinity it basically became a divergence fic because it veered off canon and went more or less into general AU territory.

EDIT:
                          I almost forgot; I wanted to say that I also have a lot of Moebius fics in the Sam/Jack AU Fic List because a lot are set in the altered timeline and/or past in Egypt.
                          I think the stories can still be listed under the episode and correct season. I'll just have to note that the story is AU. Just like we've fit stories on multiple threads because they fit into more then one category. The 'season' threads will have a little bit of everything that fit into the specific timelines so people can find all types of fics that fit into the timeline they'd like to read about.
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks for clearing it up.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Moebius (AT) fics:
                              • A Little Egypt by ziva: What happened after geeks Sam and Jack kissed inside the puddle jumper in "Moebius" ? M-rated
                              • Geeks Have Sex Too by anxiousgeek M-rated
                              • So Shall it Be by Denise: They fixed the future….right?????
                              • Transcendental Love by Kirsty841 : Alternate Sam and Jack who got stranded in the alternate timeline.

Not sure if this one would be allowed too, since it brings Moebius and Continuum together.

Third Time’s The Charm by RoczaDeb: SG-1 returns from their mission to ancient Egypt to find that the timeline isn't fixed...yet. J/S. AU, Action, Angst. CONTINUUM SPOILERS
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                              X