No announcement yet.

Season of the Hexenbiest (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that annoyed me the most about this season is that there was no reliving the first few dates of Nick and Juliet. It would have been a great opportunity to show why they were together and a bit of their past which we haven't yet seen, but oh well.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not, but Nick/David has been acting a bit more arrogantly, he doesn't seem to appreciate others very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
      The thing that annoyed me the most about this season is that there was no reliving the first few dates of Nick and Juliet. It would have been a great opportunity to show why they were together and a bit of their past which we haven't yet seen, but oh well.
      Mh, it would have been nice to see them both coming together again, dating, going out, etc. But no scenes from somewhere in the past.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not, but Nick/David has been acting a bit more arrogantly, he doesn't seem to appreciate others very much.
      About whom you are talking, David or Nick? I don't think Nick is really arrogant. He was, yes, in Quill but got the answer very quickly after Rosalee got infected. Since then ... nope, nothing comes to my mind, sorry *scratches forehead*. Could you give examples please?
      About David ... I cannot judge, I don't know him personally, just following him on Twitter (like the most I think). Yeah, there sometimes he seems a little bit arrogant but that could also be misreading or a bad mood, don't know. As far as I know he seems to be a friendly guy. Didn't hear anything negative about him for now about his interaction with fans.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I don´t think David is arrogant at all. He enjoys the success, who wouldn´t but he always looks so happy with his fans.
        As for Nick - I don´t think it´s arrogance. Yes, he was a bit self-absorbed in some moments but I honestly can´t blame him. Dealing with the new Grimmness, all the trouble that followed...Monroe was always willing to help and never complained because he is who he is. And Nick definitely helped him a few times as well. I like their phone calls now "Monroe: Come here."..."Nick: Right away." I think Nick doesn´t realize that. As was pointed out before, Nick and Monroe are loners, but Nick is probably even more emotionally deprived - because he was raised by his aunt (who knows if they even stayed in one place or kept moving), he never really had anyone to care about than himself. Actually, I think that he found someone like Juliette seems to be a little miracle That´s maybe one of the reasons he takes the break up so hard.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Well, I think Monroe complained a lot but it was clear that this was ... uhm ... something like an insider, you know?
          Well, according to an older interview David gave before season 2 Marie and Nick moved a lot during the time she raised him. In the show itself it wasn't this clear, there were only some tiny moments during season 1 when Nick mentioned that he was here or there (I remember right now the "dinner" with the kids in 1.10 when he said to them that he would know their hometown somewhere in Idaho).
          And to me this moving makes sense when I'm watching Nick in the present. As I'd mentioned before he lost nearly everything in that night the "accident" happened. People who are going through such an imense lost, especially during their childhood-days, will always tend to hide everything that means something to them for every other who could take it away from them. Nick has a lot of secrets, even at the beginning of the show, but maybe he was better in hiding this for Juliette. But when the inheritage began also his character changed more and more and all this "keeping things from Juliette" was more and more clear.
          A miracle that he met Juliette? Don't think so. They met after an accident when Nick took her statement as a witness. As he'd told her they began to talk and never ended. Such things happens from time to time. And that they started their relationship also isn't a miracle for me. They are different, it makes sense to me. You usually tend to date (and later be in a relationship) with two types of people: the same mind than you are, or the complete opposite. Nick and Juliette (to quote Grimm here) are two sides of a coin, it was clear that they were a couple.

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

I kind of wish we got flashbacks this season of how they meant and got together. I totally see them talking about the accident and maybe seeing each other again for some reason. and at some point Juliette asking him out, because for some reason I can't see Nick doing the asking. and than obvously one date lead to another and a relationship.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't mean David is arrogant. I mean he appears to be acting arrogantly (as Nick), but the script doesn't seem to call for arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                I kind of wish we got flashbacks this season of how they meant and got together. I totally see them talking about the accident and maybe seeing each other again for some reason. and at some point Juliette asking him out, because for some reason I can't see Nick doing the asking. and than obvously one date lead to another and a relationship.
                I would like to see that. I would also like to see the night when Nick´s parents were killed (well, one of them anyway). I think a lot happened that night and it could be interesting to see it.

I don't mean David is arrogant. I mean he appears to be acting arrogantly (as Nick), but the script doesn't seem to call for arrogance.
                I don´t know. I think for Nick as a Grimm (not as a cop) is a slight arrogance maybe necessary or is it something he naturally has. He is a good person, cares about people, thinks that everybody is equal...however, it is possible that his subconscious tells him (through his genes and blood) that he is supposed to be better or...higher in the food chain than the wesen. As I said, I don´t see it as an arrogance but maybe I am just biased

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Maybe fangirlie's pink glasses but ... I never saw it that way - or better, I only saw such behaviour on Nick one time, in Quill. And he gots the payback immediatly with Rosalee infected.

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  I would like to see that. I would also like to see the night when Nick´s parents were killed (well, one of them anyway). I think a lot happened that night and it could be interesting to see it.
                  This definetely! I would die to see WHAT happened that night!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X