• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Protect and Serve Man (211)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    TO PROTECT AND SERVE MAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211
    Hank's newfound knowledge of the Wesen world leads him to question an arrest he made earlier in his career. Monroe deals with an unexpected situation at the spice shop. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 30 October 2012, 02:44 PM.

A great episode.

The Good:
    Hank. He has gone from being one of the worst characters of last season to a truly wonderful character who fits the show well.
    The creepy factor. This episode was way more terrifying than La Llorona.
    Rosalee. She is back! She can be in just three seconds, and she brightens everything up.
    The main plot was also interesting and used suspense well.

The Bad:
    Juliet. Can she just leave the show soon? Nick missed a perfect chance to tell her tonight.
    Logically, she should dump himself for what he has exposed to her if nothing else.
    Monroe. I have no issues with Monroe. He just wasn't in the episode much. Why couldn't be in the search at first? He can do more than comic relief. I wonder if the writers are reducing him to let Hank catch up from when they overused Monroe during first season.

Overall, a fantastic episode. Season 3 seems likely.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Haha. Wu said "clean up on aisle four."

Comment

A great, great episode. This is how it should be done. To melt Grimm and criminal stories together like this is much more interesting and fun when Hank actually knows - last year with that kidnapped girl wasn´t much about him at all. I am glad that he seems to be getting comfortable with the Wesen world and making a friend of a future mayor is a bonus
        Nick and Hank are great partners this year. To tell Hank was a fantastic move, so he can be a part of the storyline properly. This was thrilling, fast-paced and they actually made me worried if they will be in time. I started to believe that nobody is really safe on Grimm for some reason (with the gloom and groom lately, I wouldn´t be surprised if one of the characters got seriously hurt or killed - still thinking it will be Juliette).

Fortunately, the Juliette/Renard storyline was pushed aside but I think Nick and Juliette are doomed as a couple. Juliette admitting she doesn´t love him (even if there wasn´t the issue with Renard, I think it may be a major problem for them), with Nick failing to tell her the truth (tell her already, this is a perfect opportunity!) and with Juliette behaving like a little girl who doesn´t care at all what´s going on...I think she needs to go.

But it was the only negative thing. I was happy to see Rosalee even for a few seconds (you´ve got to admire Bree for even only sitting on a couch in what seems to be a month after a birth) and this time, I can actually understand why Monroe wasn´t around. This was a purely Hank´s thing, his moment and also, an entirely police matter. They can find answers in the book and it was just a nice Nick/Hank partnership episode. I have a feeling the gang will be together in full next episode, and judging by Renard appearing in the shop as well...he can go both ways - he can help Nick (if he gets a chance to explain himself) or go against but at this point, I somehow think it is very unlikely.

I liked the scene where Ferren described how he saw the monsters. He talked about nightmares and fear and I think he described perfectly how Nick and Hank feel.
        The walk through a prison, full of Wesen was the scariest thing for Nick in a while I think - imagine him ending up in a prison for some reason. Not only he is a cop but also a Grimm. Yikes.

Also, a creepy mode was on and those bodies looked damn real.

All in all, a great episode and I am sorry that next week will be the last episode before Christmas...
        Last edited by Klenotka; 10 November 2012, 03:50 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Before I vanish again on the fair - WOW! This ep was blowing my mind. I think the first time I ... well ... kinda liked Hank (besides that his behaviour to go after the creature himself was stupid). And I was so laughing my ... off when Nick fell into this dump with the bodyparts and began to scream

More when I'm back in the normal world *waves goodbye*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            Haha. Wu said "clean up on aisle four."
            that was the line of the episode for me.

I liked the main storyline. I agree it had a good creepy factor. plus I like how the guy didn't realize Nick was a grimm to he started fighting him, instead of when he first saw him. which was different than it usually is.

I so called the ending in exact detail. Hopefully this will lead to Nick finding about who Renard is.

I agree the episode needed more Monroe! hopefully he'll be their more when Rosali comes back.

and I can see why Nick didn't tell her, at the same time he could have tried to explain Adelind. but yeah its a long complicated story ( and probably wouldn't make sense without know he was a grimm)
            sigpic

Comment

I love the episode. I really thought they wouldn't make it. The creepiest part for me was when the wesen (do not rememeber his name) was cooking and you see that foot

agree that for Nick to go to prison would be the worst that could happen to him, as a cop but mainly as a Grimm - my fear is that once he won't be able to explain why he killed apparently innocent people (not being able to explain the wesen part) and land in prison for next week's promo I still do not understand who is behind the bars: Nick or Adalind? I am afraid this time it is Nick and I already know that I will HATE the cliffhanger at the end of next episode

back to this episode, for me the best line of the episode was the last one, when Monroe recognizes Juliette and says "Oh boy!"
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

What a great episode, this show just gets better and better!

It was a perfect meshing of the Wesen world and the human crime world with Hank and Nick having to save an innocent man from execution by making the people in the justice system believe the man's story without giving away how they know it to be true. A great conundrum which was solved beautifully by looking for the Wesen's human left overs to show him as the serial killer that he was.

It's great to see how comfortably Hank works with Nick now since Nick told him the truth. Has changed the dynamics of the show nicely.

Sgt Wu, only there for a second and steals the show with the 'Clear up in aisle four' line! I love that guy!

I'm in the 'time to say goodbye to Juliette' camp too! I just hope it doesn't end up with her dying from Monroe's potion and Renard insisting on a cover up, or even framing Monroe for it!

Comment

I'm thinking that if Juliette does go the direction she seems like she is going too, then her and Nick break up. which will lead to Nick being more of a bad-ass grimm. by that I mean that he actually goes after a bad weasen without them being involved in a police case.
                  sigpic

Comment

What direction is that?
                    I also think they will break up. There is no way they could stay together, unless she miracelously remembers that she loves him (I hope they won´t go that way). And even if she remembers...if I were Juliette, I´d be pretty angry with Nick not telling me the truth from the beginning.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

breaking up and going with Renard. which at first I didn't like but now I'm starting to realize I don't want her to suddenly remember everything. I think its a great new start for her as a character if she isn't with Nick. It could make her more interesting. and if that's with Renard, who knows how that will be.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                        What direction is that?
                        I also think they will break up. There is no way they could stay together, unless she miracelously remembers that she loves him (I hope they won´t go that way). And even if she remembers...if I were Juliette, I´d be pretty angry with Nick not telling me the truth from the beginning.
                        Y'know, if I were Nick, I don't know that I'd take her back.. I mean, I understand that the entire situation wasn't her fault but she's acting like she couldn't care less about Nick or anything else that concerns him. And that would get on my nerves if I were Nick. I hope that they don't get together again - at least not right away; maybe next season that would be good, but not this one.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          breaking up and going with Renard. which at first I didn't like but now I'm starting to realize I don't want her to suddenly remember everything. I think its a great new start for her as a character if she isn't with Nick. It could make her more interesting. and if that's with Renard, who knows how that will be.
                          I also think she could be a good "flip character" where Renard could flip her and use her against Nick while making Nick think that she's on his side.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

anyone noticed the two rings on Renard's hands when he wakes up in his bed - one seems a wedding ring and the other?

does any of the Grimm cappers have a pic of thoese rings maybe?
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The Renard thunk tread has pics. He tends to wear them.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                              X