• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hour of Death (210)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    THE HOUR OF DEATH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210
    A gruesome murder may be linked to another Grimm; Capt. Renard comforts Juliette, who is still working through her dilemma with Nick. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

Sweeeeettttt, I was right.

but eek, not bud, leave bud alone
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was too . though I wasn't completely sure until the way the intern looked at nick talking to the second criminal.

as for the episode wow! the episode was as good as the previews made it seem. I love how most of the wesen that know Nick knew it wasn't him (well at least Bud). and of course the scene where Bud hugs them was great .

I do like how Hank went to the house because he had a feeling that Nick would try to do something. and I think its safe to assume by the end of the episode Hank realized that Nick isn't like his ancestors.

things I didn't like:

not enough Monroe! he was only in a few scenes again.

Renard and Juliette, I still don't like that storyline. I hope it ends soon.

and a question, one thing I'm confused about at the end was the intern a grimm or something else? it seemed weird if he was a wessen killing other wessen. and I do remember they saying something about seeing what a grimm looks like at comic-con. anyone have an idea about that?
      sigpic

Comment

My idea? a wesen in total and complete denial killing other wesen to 'prove' that he's not one.

Kinda like the cliche of a homophobe gay basher really being gay him/herself but in such denial that they 'protest too much' so to speak.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I liked the idea of it being the intern (something I shamefully admit that I didn't see coming) who was a wesen himself but so ashamed of his form that he tried to be a grimm instead. I wish they'd have had more of a scene between Nick and the intern because the one that they had didn't feel like enough to me; although I did like the way that Nick ended it via punching the intern to get him to shut up - that's so Nick!

The whole Renard/Juliette thing is weird but it doesn't feel forced, to me. I mean, I don't like it, but I do like the prospect of (going from the promo for next week's ep) Nick and Juliette being at odds with each other; this whole Nick's-lovesick-but-Juliette-doesn't-know-him-and-doesn't-seem-to-care-about-him thing is getting old and boring; it's time for a switch-up.

I liked how they had the suspects freaking out when around Nick and blaming him, but it seemed a little odd to me that none of the officers thought that was suspicious; I mean, one I can understand dismissing that, but two? No.. I know that Nick is one of theirs and all, but that would make me suspicious and wonder, but that could be just me.

It bothered me that Juliette seemed angry at Nick for how he was feeling. Again, though, that could be just me.

Overall, good ep but I look forward to next week's.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

WOW! I'm blown away *thud*!
            But ... only two more eps? *whimpers* How they can do that? And what's that in the trailer?

Spoiler:
            Who is behind those bars? Nick or Adalind?

More later ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

A great episode overall.

The Good:
              The annoying intern is gone, but is used well in his departure. I agree that he should have had a few more scenes. Perhaps reveal he was a Wesen earlier to help throw off the scent a bit?

Hank/Nick. I hated Hank by the end of last season, but I am so glad he knows and is Nick's partner now. I think he saw Nick's genuine concern for the Wesen when Bud was taken and got instant confirmation that his partner is good when Bud hugged them.

Bud. I love how he has turned from an annoying joke into a character we care about. My household was united in a "don't you hurt Bud" moment. I think killing/harming Bud is more of a deal breaker than removing Juliet.

The Bad:
              Juliet. She continues to come across as a selfish, passive annoyance. She could rotate nights on the couch, but between this and the note issue earlier, we see that Juliet appears to have less courtesy than the average fifteen-year old. I appreciate her boundaries, but I don't like the way she is constantly portrayed as weak, and I find I want any scene she is in over as quickly as possible. Frankly I hope she finds out everything soon and ditches both men, the captain for the stalker stuff and Nick for exposing her to this without telling her the truth. Then she can leave, the captain can return to be an awesome man instead of a love struck school boy, and Nick can find someone better who he can be honest with.

Overall, a great episode, but mainly because they knew how to scare us by threatening poor, sweet Bud.

9/10
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Okay, review after the second watch. I think that's always better *note to myself, never write a review after the first watch*.

Well, what to say? The first time for quite a while the trailer didn't mistake me somewhere else but not to the ep? Here it was. In fact, the trailer was great and so was the ep .

I am not familiar with the kind US-homes are build, but from the outside Juliette's house doesn't seem so small that they only have ONE bedroom. Shouldn't there a guestroom anywhere around where Nick could sleep in when Juliette doesn't want him sharing the bedroom with her? I mean, thinking about the beginning of season 1, they both were actually thinking about getting married, that wasn't only Nick's idea. And it would make me really wonder if Juliette never thought about having kids with him. So, again thinking about the outside of the house ... WHERE are the other rooms? All we got so far is this huge living area with the kitchen, and the smaller bedroom with bath upstairs. Just rewatched parts of season 1 where you could see the outside of the house, it has more than two floors. So, where the heck is the rest?
                Saying that, maybe Nick should think about that huge bed in the trailer. Wait a minute ... didn't I say that before ? Whoops, yes, I'm saying that till 2.03 when Juliette came home that I would see Nick ending up sleeping at his trailer. Well, doesn't seems too far away now.
                I kinda liked Nick all grumpy. He always seemed a little too perfect, now he's getting some little flaws and that makes his character more likeable (my opinion!).
                Juliette ... well, I don't want to see this happen, her together with Sean. But I fear this will happen *sigh*. I really think she's lost now, especially after she remembers him kissing her awake. Poor Nick, I really think he will going all grim that moment he realizes that he lost Juliette forever ...
                Sean, I have to say I don't see him behaving like a schoolboy, he's still fighting his emotions but more and more getting lost in them. Don't know if anyone here knows that song, but during the scene at the coffeeshop I had REO Speedwagon's "Can't fight this feeling anymore" in mind. Weird! (and yes, I know, my musictaste is weird too)
                The Grimm-Killer ... I felt sorry for him I have to say. He fought his very own and tried so hard to be someone else, that really, really made me sorry. And I think the scene, where they both "met" in the end were really, really great acted from both.
                Bud, I was so grinning my ass off when he first appeared. Mostly because I saw the actor this week on another show (and squeed so loud I think I woke up the complete house *blushes*) but didn't really liked him there. But Bud ... he's such a little tough Eisbiber! If they had killed him off I swear I had managed to go to Portland and kick TPTB's butts! Not the Eisbiber and especially not the bravest among them *wanna hug Bud right now!*.
                On the other hand ... again, Monroe's completely underused! I mean, where the heck he was? Oh yes, he was the one who mixed up this truth-serum for Nick and later the one who informend them about the "Endezeiten" (I think it's time for another German-lessons, Grimmsters). But beside that? *iz annoyed again*
                The other problem is still Hank. I don't think he bought Bud hugging Nick or even that Nick was so concerned about Bud. And, what I said? AGAIN!, he doesn't trust Nick any longer. Not complete as he did in season 1. And the trailer for (I think both next episodes) make me think as Hank is only in there once and at the end it looks like Nick's arrested. Well, maybe I'm wrong but ... when the show have to loose a main-character for me it's still Hank, sorry Russell!

Overall: Great episode! I mean, a really big deal this time. Uhm, btw, anyone knows what Ryan was? I think a kind of a parasite-kind of Wesen. Pretty much looked like a sort of leech to me *rubs her scar*.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

A house that size should have 2-3 bedrooms. The only reason Nick should be sleeping downstairs is if those rooms got converted into a home office, but neither has a job where that is likely.
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

hyndara: not sure if you are talking about bones. but I squealed when he came on too because I like Wendel but he is my fav intern because hes good friends with everyone (particularly Hogins).

as for the house, it seems really odd that it wouldn't have other bedrooms. since the average house has like 3-4. so its weird that they wouldn't have a guest room. maybe the only bathroom upstairs is in the master. so Nick would have to go downstairs to use a bathroom. but I still rather go down a flight of stairs to go than sleep on a couch in the living room lol. I agree that the days are numbered before Nick starts sleeping in the trailer.
                    Last edited by blueray; 03 November 2012, 11:49 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                      A house that size should have 2-3 bedrooms. The only reason Nick should be sleeping downstairs is if those rooms got converted into a home office, but neither has a job where that is likely.
                      The home office is downstairs (and kinda new as they used the table in the dining-area during season 1) right in front of the backside of the stairs - I think near the door to the kitchen.
                      *shakes head in disbelief* Am I really there now? My! I definetely watch too much Grimm!

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      hyndara: not sure if you are talking about bones. but I squealed when he came on too because I like Wendel but he is my fav intern because hes good friends with everyone (particularly Hogins).
                      Uhm, no. I don't watch Bones, sorry.

as for the house, it seems really odd that it wouldn't have other bedrooms. since the average house has like 3-4. so its weird that they wouldn't have a guest room. maybe the only bathroom upstairs is in the master. so Nick would have to go downstairs to use a bathroom. but I still rather go down a flight of stairs to go than sleep on a couch in the living room lol. I agree that the days are numbered before Nick starts sleeping in the trailer.
                      *points to her answer to MasySyma*
                      About the trailer ... I'm curious where Nick now has his clothes. The shirts still seem to be in the closet, but the other stuff and his shoes are out of the bedroom as we saw earlier. he only left the ring behind. Maybe at the trailer ?
                      Last edited by Hyndara71; 03 November 2012, 12:10 PM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

oh facepalm, your talking about bud appearing lol. I'm talking about the intern, hes in bones and plays an intern lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                          Overall: Great episode! I mean, a really big deal this time. Uhm, btw, anyone knows what Ryan was? I think a kind of a parasite-kind of Wesen. Pretty much looked like a sort of leech to me *rubs her scar*.
                          no idea what he was, checked the NBC site but found nothing - I just hope that's not how the Wesen see the Grimms, that would really be scary , but probably the Grimms don't see the Grimms the same way the Wesen do. At least, Nick did not see anything different in his mother when she went all Grimm on Monroe
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                            oh facepalm, your talking about bud appearing lol. I'm talking about the intern, hes in bones and plays an intern lol.
                            Mistakes happen, so is life

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                            no idea what he was, checked the NBC site but found nothing - I just hope that's not how the Wesen see the Grimms, that would really be scary , but probably the Grimms don't see the Grimms the same way the Wesen do. At least, Nick did not see anything different in his mother when she went all Grimm on Monroe
                            He's a Lebensauger *points to the "German-thread"*. Explanation anyone? This time TPTB found the right word for a creature, congrats!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                              He's a Lebensauger *points to the "German-thread"*. Explanation anyone? This time TPTB found the right word for a creature, congrats!
                              where did you found it?

and one general question to Monroe's sentence when Nick and Hank go to his house: "Boy, do we have trouble right here in River City." As they are in Portland and not in River City, I assume this is a quote. Anyone knows where it has been taken from?
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                              X