List of Sam/Jack AU Fics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Sam/Jack AU Fics

This thread is for Sam/Jack centric fanfictions set in an alternate universe, alternate reality or alternate timeline. It is not for regular divergence fics that simply veer off canon and/or are based on a certain episode, since there are way too many regular fics that could be classified as divergence.

See the different subcategories in the posts below. I have reserved a few extra posts in case I need to expand the lists. If you have suggestions and/or entries for the lists please post it here and clarify which (sub)category it belongs to so I can update the master list(s) for easy navigation.

Please remember that M(A)- and R-rated fics cannot be linked to directly and will therefore be linked to the author's page.

Last edited by fems; 07 November 2012, 05:30 AM.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Alternate Universes not your thing? Then try one of our other lists.

Stories are Sam/Jack shippy unless otherwise noted.

Season Specific S/J Fics:
    Last edited by fems; 07 September 2013, 01:25 AM.
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Created by A Karswyll

Alternate Universe Fics:

For the sake of this list alternate universe fanfictions are defined as stories that are set in a completely different environment, like the firefighter universe from The Changeling.

List:

A Maneuvering Business by literatiwannabe: Marriage is indeed a maneuvering business. Otherwise explained as SG1 goes Austen and wackiness ensues.
      A Pirate‘s Life For Me by Cosmeticsquelch: Very AU SamJack fic. Sam gets a taste of a very different life. An idea I had when watching Pirates of the Carribean 2, lol.
      A Piratical Battle to Win by Cosmeticsquelch: A short sequel to 'A Pirate's Life for Me'. If you're not a S/J fan, look away now! A battle reigns on a sunny day in a wooden boat.....with swords.
      As Long as She's Smiling by not a zatarc: Takes place in The Changeling firemanverse. Jack knows that everything will be okay as long as she's smiling at him. Established SJ.
      • At the Edge of Nothing At All by missparker: “While the Copernican principle comes with no guarantees that it will forever guide us to cosmic truths, it's worked quite well so far: not only is Earth not in the center of the solar system, but the solar system is not in the center of the Milky Way galaxy, the Milky Way galaxy is not in the center of the universe, and it may come to pass that our universe is just one of many that comprise a multiverse. And in case you're one of those people who thinks that the edge may be a special place, we are not at the edge of anything either.”
      ? Neil deGrasse Tyson
      Bunk by rolleson: Captain Sam Carter and Chief Jack O'Neill are six months into a relationship.
      Cake by Heaven in a Wild Flower: Very AU fic. When Sam starts a new life, yet again, in a small Minnesotan town, the last thing she expects is to meet someone like Jack O'Neill. But when Sam's past starts to catch up with her, things take a turn for the worst. Can Jack and Sam's friends help her deal with new and old threats alike? Romance, fluff, drama and, of course, a fair dose of angst to top things off. WIP
      Captain Jack Series by ziva: Ex-Navy SEAL Jack O'Neill pairs up with Dr. Samantha Carter, a marine biologist, to find treasure and fun on the high seas. Think of them as Indiana Jones and Lara Croft only better.
      Cast Your Fate to the Wind by a.loquita: Horses! Bandits! Saloons! It’s SG-1 in the 1890’s where O’Neill is a sheriff in a small Colorado town, and things get interesting when Jacob Carter and his daughter move there from Washington DC.
      Cheyenne Mountain by ziva: When Bob Kinsey tries to take over the cattle business in the small town of Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado, only one man can stop him. AN: This is a parody using SG characters in roles you may not expect
      Colorado Belle by ziva: Until the stranger came to town, Samantha Carter thought she would never have what she truly wanted.
      Destined by denise1: An AU fic set in the season six episode Changeling - Firefighter Fic, unapologetically Sam and Jack and heed the rating warning please, as it ends as most ship fic tend to end.
      For Now by anxiousgeek: Set during the Firefighter!AU
      Girl in the Gypsy Wagon by ziva: Jack O'Nell, ranch hand, finds more than just a job in Bisbee, Arizona.
      God bless Chloe Felger! by Seldear. Shermer High-verse: Life has a habit of pitching you curve balls. Jack has a habit of hitting out. But it's prom night...and Jack's the chaperone.
      How to Heal a Broken Heart by Neverendingimagination: A/U Medical romance/drama/comedy. After playing the good Samaritan Dr Jack O'Neill's life is changed forever. 14 years later Dr Sam Carter joins the surgical team and sparks are set to fly. Will he break past her protective barriers to uncover her deepest secret? WIP
      How To Series in the Library!Universe by million_moments and rolleson (rating varies)
      I Can Fix That! by ziva
      I Can Fix That Too! by ziva
      I‘ll Be Your Harvester of Love by a. loquita: Additional scene from my "Cast Your Fate to the Wind" ‘verse which is an AU where Sam, Jack, and the other characters from Stargate are living in a small Colorado town at the turn of the century.
      Ignition by surrealis. Fireman!verse.
      Marshall O‘Neill & Doc Carter and The Invaders by Vicky Ocean: Marshal O'Neill & Doc Carter and The Invaders From Another World- Marshal Jack O'Neill and Doctor Samantha Carter meet on a train to Denver and the world will never be the same. Old West AU. Prequel to Threadbare.
      Motley Crew by Denise: A sequel to Row, Row, Row Your Boat and kinda crossover with Deadliest Catch. My favorite motley crew is back for another adventure.
      Night Path by a.loquita: Sam reflects back on those first few weeks of marriage and how they sorted out the more intimate side of their relationship. Not exactly a squeal to "Cast Your Fate to The Wind" but from that same 'verse.
      Obscure References Series by geneeste: Sam would run into Mr. O'Neill in the hallways and they'd nod at each other, or she'd run into him in the basement (literally, but it was just the one time) when she had to reset the fuses to get the power back on, or occasionally they’d glance at each other uncomfortably while waiting for the elevator doors to open so that they could climb out and take the stairs. And while it was more of a grunt-and-smile-out-of-obligation relationship, she liked to think they were working their way up to a rapport.
      Prince‘s Bride by denise1: Teal'c regales Jaffa children with an Earth fairy tale, the Prince's Bride, and SG-1 comes along for the ride.
      Restless walls of flames by Aenigmatic: Captain Samantha Carter knew that he meant trouble the moment she laid eyes on him. Set in 'The Changeling' universe, AU.
      Row, Row, Row Your Boat by Denise: Life is but a dream. AU fic set in the Deadliest Catch universe
      Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by a. loquita: Sam has long believed that firefighting is a metaphor for mankind’s attempt to understand and control nature. Set in the AU from “The Changeling”.
      Star Gates Crossing by hilandncr: Can two people running from their past find peace, belonging and true love in a small town at Christmas time? When Sam Carter's car breaks down just outside a small Minnesota town full of crazy but loveable characters her unexpected holiday detour introduces her to Jack O'Neill, a man who is sorely in need of some Christmas cheer.
      Steam Rising by love and petrichor: "I guess we all need a reminder," she says, her gaze looking nowhere but forward. "A reminder that we're alive and real, flesh and blood." Jack hasn't smoked in six years. Set during the firefighter universe in The Changeling.
      The Little Red Engine That Could by ALC Punk: The Changeling gave us a very amusing alternate universe. How did Fire Chief Jack react to Captain Sam?
      Threadbare by Vicky Ocean: Set in AU in which the Goa'uld invade Earth in the late 1800s. Sam and Jack struggle to survive together in the 'Old West' hiding from the otherworldly Invaders.
      Visitors and Fish by by literatiwannabe: Benjamin Franklin said that fish and visitors stink after three days. In this short followup to A Maneuvering Business, Jack finds out he was right.
      Last edited by fems; 27 April 2017, 03:57 AM.
      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Created by A Karswyll

Alternate Reality Fics:

For the sake of this list alternate reality fanfictions are defined as stories that start in an alternate reality (e.g. it has Doctor Carter), are clearly set in an alternate reality as they do not follow canon (i.e. established relationship or different events occur at 'wrong' time)*, or interact with other realities via the use of quantum mirrors or Stargate anomalies. Pre-series fic will also fall under this category.

The following episodes are examples from the show: There But For the Grace of God, Point of View, Ripple Effect and The Road Not Taken.

*Stories where something occurred off-screen between Jack and Sam in 1969 that has no impact on the timeline would be (for the sake of simplicity) considered as alternate reality fics, rather than alternate timelines.

List (A-G):

100 Days of Nights by Ellie 5192: When Jack and Sam are stranded on an alien planet they have to fight- fight the loneliness, fight the desire to settle down, fight to stay sane... but most of all fight the connection that grows stronger every day. Based on 100 Days.
        2001 by Sally Reeve: What would have happened if Sam had survived the Aschen attack and accompanied Jack's note back into the past…?
        A Cosmic Smack in the Head by Lesleyp: Originally archived GW Aug 2006. Random SJ fluff. Our Sam visits an AU and has an epiphany.
        A Different Point of View by ziva: Captain Carter arrives from a parallel universe with a very surprising request for Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter.
        A Harsh Reality by ziva: When there's an acccident in Sam's lab, she finds out just how different an alternate universe can be. This story takes places after the 'quantum mirror' episodes.
        A life filled with Grace by fictionadict24: AU: Samantha Carter's life changed the day she met her best friend Lizzie the first day of their Freshman year of High School. As it always does Fate has a way of stepping in to make sure certain things happen. Years later, Dr. Carter is hired as the Civilian Director of Stargate R&D. Will Fate step in again when she meets the sour Colonel O'Neill. Sam/Jack Fluff and Fun! WIP
        A Life So Different by Jez: What would happen if Sam and Jack met while he was still married and she was still engaged?
        A Quantum Mirror Love Story by JenCamp: An AU Sam loses her Jack. A year and a half later, she is transported to an alternate reality with no way home. And, low and behold, there's a Jack!
        A Thousand Worlds by seldear: SG-1 find themselves. Lots of themselves!
        A Tightly Woven Thread by ziparumpazoo: When you can't go home, is it really giving up? Sequel to My Scars Healed.
        A Twist in Fate by Michelle Birkby: This just shows how one line in an episode reveals a whole new world of possibilities, if only one thing had been different. Shades of Grey AU.
        After the Dream by Ruth M King: This is my attempt to re-write the SG movie with one important addition...Sam gets sent on that first mission.
        Alternate Lives Intrude by Carhop: Sam undertakes a mission to an alternate universe for the NID and meets Jack's alternate. What happens there causes her to want to leave the SGC. Rated NC-17, so no direct link
        Alternate Sam Trilogy by Gen Varel: Jack O'Neill finds solace after an unbearable loss.
        Alternative Points of View by Rose Stetson: What if Samantha and Kawalsky were joined by an alternate alternate Jack O'Neill when they arrived at Area 51 and sent to the SGC in Point of View? 'WIP'
        Alternatives by VGWrighte: Series of Jack and Sam one-shots taking place in alternate realities.
        Another Life 2 by Karen: Sam and Jack's relationship changes after encountering their alternates.
        Another Life by Karen: Another visit to the alternate universe.
        At the Cellular Level by alliesings: In the episode "Point of View," Daniel saw an alternate Sam who was still a Captain. She was waiting for Jack to come back from an *alternate* alternate reality, where there was at least one big difference.
        Banshee by SGCbearcub: Everyone breaks, but some people, when pushed too far, push back.
        Beginnings Are Such Delicate Times by Tribal Matriarch: Instead of losing his son Jack lost his wife when Charlie played with his gun. AU season one.
        Biting the Bullet by ijemanja: Five times Jack O'Neill asked Samantha Carter out, and one time he didn't have to.
        Cauterized People by ALC Punk: Sam and Jack are forced to do things they wouldn't normally to stay alive in a slave camp. The aftermath isn't all that fun. Sex, violence, etc.
        Changing Dreams by Tribal Matriarch: What happened in Colorado Springs between the film and the series.
        Choices We Make by Sharim: An alternate timeline of the SGC, starting from before the very first Stargate movie until about the end of season 2.
        Choose Me by ziva: Here's another oldie about when Sam and Jack first meet.
        Coloring Outside the Lines by Gen Varel: Placed in an impossible situation, Sam discovers that she has enough love for more than one man.
        Convergence by Annerb: Jack O’Neill is a man waiting to die, and she’s the only one brave enough not to look away. Rated M, so no direct link.
        Counterbalance by Sally Reeve: An emergency brings the cloned Jack O'Neill back to the SGC.
        Crossover by Ruth M King: sequel to Shifting Lives
        Cut Strings by seldear: What if Sam had died before the episode 'Point of View'?
        Daniel's Wife Series by Michelle Birkby: The Alternate Reality plot strikes again.
        Destiny by ziva: Something had brought them together again, a force as inescapable as the weather.
        Different Beginnings by khalsey23: Pre series S/J AU Sam and Jack meet in Washington D.C in 1990. How does their lives change?
        Divergence by Annerb: SG-1 never came up with ‘plan C.’ They couldn’t save Earth. Fail Safe AU
        Eden Series by Carhop: SG1 comes home to an SGC in which floors and people are disappearing, but no one notices except the members of SG1. P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, and P6.
        Evolution Series by Denise: A series that diverges from the known SG1 universe at the beginning with AU fic going through several seasons. P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, and P7.
        Falling back to Earth by Annerb: Jack gets the call from the SGC. He should have been cynical enough to know it was all too good to last. Sequel to ‘Convergence’ and ‘Linger’. ‘Children of the Gods’ AU.
        Fallout by Annerb: A little missing scene from 'The Lies You Feed Yourself' that I couldn't resist putting down on paper. This takes place the morning after the infamous dance scene.
        For More than Country by Regency: There were very few things Captain Samantha Carter wouldn’t do for her country as a member of Jack O'Neill's Special Ops team. It just so happened that the very thing her superiors were asking of her was one of the few. ‘Neutralize Jack O’Neill by any means necessary,’ they’d told her. It wasn’t the first order she’d defied but it was the biggest.
        Forever Autumn by ALC Punk!: She only thinks of him on the bad days. The days when everything she does is so utterly fruitless that things are set back by days. - Sam Carter wakes up in an alternate universe.
        Fratris Filii by aadarshinah: Iohannes remembers something from when he was Ascended. Or, Sam and Jack's relationship in a nutshell.
        From Tears to Ashes by Gen Varel: Jack must leave a pregnant Sam behind as he undertakes a mission with another Sam Carter to save Earth in an alternate universe. His Sam, in turn, is faced with an unexpected challenge. Sequel to The Road Not Taken.
        Future Imperfect by Sally Reeve: Carter and O'Neill deal with the consequences of doing the right thing.
        Go and Catch a Falling Star by Doc: In a nutshell: Why it's not a good idea to go and throw knives at Goa'uld system lords.
        Last edited by fems; 27 April 2017, 03:59 AM.
        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Created by A Karswyll

Alternate Reality Fics

For the sake of this list alternate reality fanfictions are defined as stories that start in an alternate reality (e.g. it has Doctor Carter), are clearly set in an alternate reality as they do not follow canon (i.e. established relationship or different events occur at 'wrong' time)*, or interact with other realities via the use of quantum mirrors or Stargate anomalies. Pre-series fic will also fall under this category.

The following episodes are examples from the show: There But For the Grace of God, Point of View, Ripple Effect and The Road Not Taken.

*Stories where something occurred off-screen between Jack and Sam in 1969 that has no impact on the timeline would be (for the sake of simplicity) considered as alternate reality fics, rather than alternate timelines.

List Continued (H-S):

Fork in the Road Stuff by Aussie: Go one way, one future occurs. Go another way, a different future occurs.
          Had I not seen the Sun by squibalicous: Non-Geeky Sam AU story. What if Sam was the one to turn her back on the military, but it never took its eye off of her? Jack/Kerry, Jack/Sam
          Half Life by Sparky She-Demon: Cora O'Neill lost her twin brother Charlie when she was 9.5 years old. They'd never been apart. What happens in the years to come and how does this event change her. Sara will be playing a part in the story. Slight AU, with eventual Sam/Jack WIP
          Happily Ever After by Denise: What happened on the other side of that mirror in Point of View?
          I Walk the Line by Ellie 5192: Now that Sam and Jack are back on Earth they have to fight. Fight the rumors, fight the doubts, and fight against those who would use their relationship against them. They never expected it to be easy. And it's not. Sequel to 100 Days and Nights.
          Infinite Possibilities by Nynaeve506: She keeps telling herself that she lived and that makes everything okay. So why isn't she okay? AU (Doctor Carter, S/J). Rated M for language and non-explicit adult situations.
          Just Add Water by Casper F. Joke
          Just Another Day at the SGC by Annerb: Bonus scene for String Theory.
          Legendary by Abby Eddey: It's just an ordinary day, until suddenly it isn't and somethings will never be the same. Despite listed pairings, it IS a S/J story.
          Life Goes On by roque872002: AR. Life goes on, even though the mirror was switched off.
          Like Jokes Or War, It's All In The Timing by missparker: If you make all different choices, can you still end up in the same place? Pre-series fic.
          Linger by Annerb: sequel to Convergence
          Living in 1969 by ziva: What might have happened to SG-1 if the two solar flares in Hammond's note had been nine months apart?
          Marital Law by HoldoutTrout: After destroying Apophis's ships, SG-1 are unable to return home as planned. However, in order to keep the locals happy, Jack and Sam are forced into a marriage neither one is prepared for.
          Meet You On the Other Side by LSGrimm91:Jack O'Neill, a Brigadier General with a serious dislike for scientists, has been placed in charge of the world's biggest technological investment. Things wouldn't get easier when his Head of the Science Department was as attractive as Dr Samantha Carter. AU Sam/Jack 1x20 'There But For The Grace of God'.
          Moonlight and Steel by MidKnight Rider: A series of adventures and episode tags/missing scenes that take place over the course of the series. All Jack&Sam, with a sprinkling of original characters, lot of whumping, adventure and lots of romance.
          My Scars Healed by ziparumpazoo : Abandoned off-world, living is about more than just survival.
          Nature or Nurture by Tribal Matriarch: If history was different for one of the team, how would it affect the present?
          Nineveh by Aenigmatic: The mission: to prevent the Stargate from ever becoming operational. The target: Samantha Carter, USAF. Jack O'Neill finds out that there is more than meets the eye in an assignment that would change his life. An AU story, set pre-series.
          No Air by Annerb: Their miraculous save comes a few moments too late. Descent AU
          No Strings by ziva: What if Jack and Sam had met before SG-1?
          One More Revelation by Denise: One little zig totally changes everything. But will it be too late for Sam?
          Open Window by Denise: What happened after it faded to black in Death Knell?
          Outside the Lines by Annerb: How far would you go to make your world right again? Chain Reaction AU
          Pretending by VGWrighte: One event killed Jack O'Neill in one reality, his wife Samantha Carter in another. The widow/er meet up in a different reality. Maybe they should just pretend. "Ripple Effect" tag.
          Professional Boundaries by Nynaeve: A refugee from another universe shows up at the SGC forcing Jack and Sam to face a truth they both thought they had put behind them. Sequel to "Supposed Crime"
          Realities Apart by ReganX: A peek into four different realties, a year after ‘Will The Real Sam And Jack Please Stand Up?’.
          Reflections by seldear: When another Carter comes through the Stargate, Sam must come to grips with this other version of herself, and deal with her faults, her doubts, and her concerns before they wreck her standing in the SGC and her personal relationships.
          Room for Today by Denise: If you ignore today will tomorrow ever come?
          Ruse by k_pasa: Samantha Carter comes undone.
          Sam and Jack meet at college, kinda by iwrite4fun: AU story Sam & Jack meet after Jack's first mission to Abydos and before the first season of Stargate. The story is set so that the Abydos mission doesn't occur until around Sept 11 2001.
          Seasons by Annerb: Four very different sets of Jack and Sam that escape to alternative realities.
          Secrets and Shadows by Seldear: Secrets and shadows threaten to tear SG-1 apart, but they also have the potential to pull them together.
          Shifting Lives by Ruth M King: The one where Jack isn't in the militay, Daniel is part of the program, has Teal'c and Janet in it.
          Something Stupid by webbieafan: What if Jack and Sam met before the mission to Abydos?
          Speechless by Jojo: Set after our Jack O'Neill gets displaced in an Alternate Reality by accident - I'm going on the basis that there's more than one way to jump realities, be it by another alternate reality mirror or by some fluke of the Stargate. Anyway, the hows not important (hey, nice way to avoid a plot complication). He is returned home, thanks to Dr Sam Carter, but his introduction has an impact on Sam in particular and after he leaves she goes on a little trip....
          Stargate NEXUS series by Mistress T: This is a series about SGC that takes place After Continuum and SGU. The 1st Story brings us up to date with the couples, explaining what "really" happened from season 9 until after SGU.
          Striations by magickmoons: A Moebius AU: Jack O'Neill is second in command of a project to discover the purpose of this strange metallic ring found under the ice in Antarctica. Only no one seems to know what to do with it, except for a timid research assistant: Dr. Sam Carter. Can Jack help her find the confidence in herself to make the project succeed?
          String Theory: An AU Series by Annerb: Dr. Carter receives a job offer from the SGC and discovers a life she never expected.
          Supposed Crime by Nynaeve: Samantha Carter makes a choice and a universe diverges into two.
          Last edited by fems; 27 April 2017, 04:00 AM.
          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

created by A Karswyll

Alternate Reality Fics

List Continued (T-Z):

Tangled Trails by Gen Varel: In this reality, Sam and Jack meet ten years before the second mission to Abydos, so their relationship is a complicated one when they meet again at the SGC.
            Thanks For the Jacket by roque872002: Pre Children of the Gods. A/U. Does Jonas really have to be such an ass? Yes. Yes he does. WIP
            That Long Black Cloud by anr: The gunshot echoes. Gamekeeper AU.
            The Adventures of Nerdy Carter and First Sergeant O'Neill by VGWrighte: AU Series. PI, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII.
            The Alternate Universe Survival Guide by Jemima Pereira: Sunspots are causing stargate problems, so Sam writes a handy Guide and Jack follows it to the letter.
            The Andromeda Series by Alli Snow
            The Embassy by Carhop: Earth sets up an embassy on a neutral world, alongside those of many other worlds. After Jack's knee finally gives out, the President reworks SG-1 and assigns them to work out of the embassy.
            The Girl With the Million Dollar Smile by ziva: Pre-series version of Sam and Jack meeting before SG-1.
            The Gulf Between by MrsSwords: An AU story set before the original feature film. It's August 1990, and Sam and Jack are both called up to serve in the Gulf War. How do they originally meet and what impact do they have on each other's lives? WIP
            The Lies You Feed Yourself by Annerb: They simply aren’t part of each other’s worlds anymore. They haven’t been for years. Jack and Sam three years after they leave the SGC.
            The Odyssey by Carhop: Members of SG-1 end up sold into slavery in another galaxy in another Stargate system. Rated NC-17, so no direct link
            The One About the Cow by ziparumpazoo: Sequel to A Tightly Woven Thread.
            The Path of of U'ki'ut'l by squibalicous: The sequel to Had I not seen the Sun. Six months later, old secrets and new betrayals threaten more than just Samantha and Jack's budding relationship. 'WIP'
            The Raggedy Edge by Annerb: During a rescue mission gone awry, Sam and Jack end up stranded in another galaxy where they find themselves passengers on a ship called Serenity. crossover with Firefly.
            The Road Not Taken by Gen Varel: Sam and Jack must face the consequences of their actions; then they are unexpectedly given an opportunity to mend a broken world.
            The Short Straw by Annerb: Carter pulls the short straw. Things only get worse from there. ‘Shades of Grey’ AU.
            The Standing Series by Offworlder: An AU story about what if Jack had decided to fight back instead of retire when Earth accepted the Aschen over his protestations.
            The Stars series by CSIGurlie.
            The Steps Series by Ruth M. King
            The Very Last Thing by nanda: TBFTGOG fic, set about a day before the episode.
            Theoretically Possible by Rachel500: He was looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with Carter so obviously Jack wakes to find himself in another universe, which seems all too familiar...
            This Cannot Be Happening by Jojo6: AU story. Some swearing. Shippy.
            Thou Shall Not by Gen Varel: Captain Samantha Carter embarks on a new and exciting stage of her career encumbered by a grave personal mistake, while Colonel O’Neill gets a new lease on life unsuspecting that it comes with a very personal challenge.
            Through His Eyes Series by ziva: If they hadn't met in the briefing room, Jack and Sam's first meeting could have gone like this. If you enjoy seeing another side of our heroes, and you like hot steamy sex, this one is for you.
            Til We Meet Again by Arla: Sam and Jack meet for the first time in Washington. This story takes place just after the movie and before, during and after the events in Children of The Gods.
            Tiny Little Fractures by Annerb: Jack had always wondered what might happen if they were both weak at the same exact moment. Now he knew. Grace AU
            Twenty-Eight Days by seldear : SG1 return from a mission that went horribly wrong and have to deal with the consequences. Everything has a price. This is a fairly dark story being set around Season Five, with none of the subsequent Seasons taking place quite the same.
            Unbearable Choices by Gen Varel: Captain Samantha Carter deals with divided loyalties in her mission against the Goa’uld. Series.
            Unguarded Moment by seldear (warning: character death!): Captain Samantha Carter-Hanson fell down the stairs and broke her neck. At Sam's funeral, Janet contemplates the man who owned her friend, and the man who loved her friend.
            Until the End of the World by Ruth M. King: How do you decide who lives and who dies?This is an AU where Sam and Jack don't know how they feel about each other. The revelations in Divide and Conquer never happened.
            Vodka and Red Wine by LSGrimm91: In 1969, the Soviet Union took possession of the Stargate. In 2004, Major Samantha Carter is summoned to the icy North to make it work, under the watchful eye of her protection detail: Colonel Jack O'Neill. A dramatic turn of events has our heroes running for their lives and hiding from their growing feelings. WIP
            We Build Then We Break... by Annerb: Sam’s last mission on SG-1, and the life that follows.
            Weathervanes by kele varekai: Five snapshots from an alternate reality.
            Weaveth Steadily by Ellie 5192: Somewhere between hope and destruction they live a double life. How long before the house of cards tumbles? Can love really conquer all, or is the price just too high to pay? For this… would you pay it anyway? Sequel to I Walk The Line.
            Where Do Broken Hearts Go by Telkena: An AU version of “Children of the gods”
            Will The Real Sam and Jack Please Stand Up? by ReganX: “Remember when you ordered the quantum mirror destroyed? It didn’t exactly work out as we planned.”
            • Xanadu by dietcokechic: SG-1 find themselves captured on a planet and forced into a most unusual situation.
            Last edited by fems; 21 August 2013, 08:53 AM.
            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Created by A Karswyll

Alternate Timeline Fics:

For the sake of this list alternate timeline fanfictions are defined as stories that involve a way to travel in time and changing the past and/or future, thereby altering events that result in a different timeline. It is possible that changing a timeline creates an alternate reality but unless explicitly stated or heavily implied in the fic*, the story should fall under alternate timelines.

Examples from the show are 2010, Moebius, Unending and Continuum**.

** Stories set during these episodes are also considered alternate timelines, even if they could also fit the bill for alternate realities.

List:

2010 Revisited by Gen Varel: Sam asks for Jack’s help. He refuses her. Thinking the future is no longer there for her, she takes what she can from the present. And Jack chooses to send a personal message back in time.
              2030 by 3rd.Apple: 24 years in the future and everything has gone wrong. Jackie's mission started out as a mission to save Earth, but now she is bound and determined to save those closest to her.
              A Little Egypt by ziva: What happened after geeks Sam and Jack kissed inside the puddle jumper in "Moebius"?
              A Year In the Life by Psamathe: Sam's life during that missing year. Spoilers for Continuum. Sam/Jack
              Almost Normal by VGWrighte: Alternate Reality based on Continuum, where Jack makes it back to Earth instead of Cam. Sam/Jack fluff story.
              Always by EridaniMoon: Just when Samantha Carter has happiness within her grasp, her life takes a devastating turn, changing her and everyone she knows, forever... Or is it?
              And All Shall Be Well by daygloparker: A "Moebius" coda - three timelines that exist, but don't, but sort of do.
              Continuum Interrupted by remerkaba: AU Stargate Story with major spoilers for Stargate Continuum. When Jack O'Neill is assigned to evaluate the threat Colonel Samantha Carter poses to his world he gets caught up in more than he could ever have imagined.
              Echoes by HoldoutTrout (rated Adult, but there's nothing graphic there, so no worries): He's not the same person she knew, but it's not an easy thing to remember. Continuum Fic.
              Geeks Have Sex Too by anxiousgeek
              In the thirteenth hour by Aenigmatic: Meeting the Aschen was everything SG-1 could have hoped for in their continuing fight against the Goa'uld. Or is it? An AU take on the episodes '2010' and '2001'. Character death as in the show but with a twist, S/J focused.
              Intervention by Jo R: Sam gets the chance to change the past but the consequences are not what she anticipates.
              Lay on This Earth Beside Me by Ruth M King: Based on the events in 2010, what might have happened if Sam hadn't managed to send the note through the Stargate.
              Making the Attempt by Offworlder: What happened to SG1 after the TimeShip was captured by Ra's forces? Considering 3/4 of SG1 didn't survive this episode, this in not a happy-ever-after story. Moebius fic.
              Minos Does Not Rule the Skies by nanda. Geek!Sam/Geek!Jack, Moebius AU. Slightly fluffy.
              Naked and its sequel by Ruth M. King: Sam and Jack get caught in a different type of timeloop.
              One Woman by ziva: In Two Jacks Sam is thrown into an alternate reality where she is offered a life she never thought she'd have, but is it the life she truly wants?
              Out of Time by AstraPerAspera: What happens to Sam and Jack when the world they know is falling apart around them. Inspired by the novel Stargate SG1: Relativity by James Swallow.
              Reflections in Time by remerkaba: When Lt Colonel Samantha Carter is force to use a damaged Quantum Mirror as the SGC's self destructs, she and the rest of SG1 find themselves in the biggest challenge they have ever faced. AU set mostly in Seasons 1 and 2. Sam/Jack focused, SG1 Adventure. WIP
              Same as it Ever Was by Sue Corkill: Some things are just meant to be-no matter what reality.
              So Shall it Be by Denise: They fixed the future….right?????
              Strangers on a Train by CSIGurlie07: It began with a train ride. Jack isn't sure he wants it to end. And he doesn't know why. Set during the vague "One Year" of Continuum.
              The Aschen Confederation by A Karswyll: The year is 2010 and Earth has joined the Aschen Confederation. But not all realities chose to change their past. Some realities chose to change their future.
              The Butterfly Tide by Kellifer: Moebius fic. Stranded in the past, everything you do sets a tiny ripple in motion.
              The Continuum Deception by fems: Colonel Jack O'Neill grudgingly accepted his new orders; he would just have to view Col Samantha Carter as yet another assignment. To Sam it was anything but an assignment; he epitomized everything she had lost and she was hell-bent on righting this wrong.
              Third Time’s The Charm by RoczaDeb: SG-1 returns from their mission to ancient Egypt to find that the timeline isn't fixed...yet. J/S. AU, Action, Angst. CONTINUUM SPOILERS
              Time Box by Rachel500: When Jack struggles to come to terms with Sam's new assignment, a freak accident finds him back in his past where he finds himself faced with the hardest dilemma of his life.
              Transcendental Love by Kirsty841 : Alternate Sam and Jack who got stranded in the alternate timeline.
              Two Jacks by ziva: This is an alternate version of CONTINUUM
              Yesterday’s Life by Kedd: She feels frayed and faded, like a scrap of fabric accidentally discarded and forced to weather the elements. S/J, spoilers for Stargate: Continuum.
              Weightless and Maybe by anr: Keep on building the lie that you make up for all that you lack. Continuum fic.
              While We Wait – Part 1 by Gen Varel: Sam misses Jack too much to stay away. Spoilers for Continuum.
              While We Wait – Part 2 by Gen Varel: Jack can’t get his blond visitor out of his mind.
              Last edited by fems; 10 May 2013, 04:24 PM.
              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

reserved...
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

One of the best I've read is Annerb's String Theory http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3064262/...y-An-AU-Series

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                    One of the best I've read is Annerb's String Theory http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3064262/...y-An-AU-Series
                    Thanks, I've added it under Alternate Realities! It's indeed a very good series.
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Alternate Reality

The Alternate Universe Survival Guide by Jemima Pereira.
                      This Cannot Be Happening by Jojo6
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

What about having one for 'The changeling'?
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Meet you on the other side, by LSGrimm91 (rated M, WIP)
                          Vodka and Red Wine by LSGrimm91 (WIP)

Changeling Fics:

Destined by Denise (rated M)
                          The little red engine that could by ALC Punk
                          Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by a. loquita
                          As Long as She's Smiling by not a zatarc
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                            Alternate Reality

The Alternate Universe Survival Guide by Jemima Pereira.
                            This Cannot Be Happening by Jojo6
                            Thanks, I've added them to the AR list!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            What about having one for 'The changeling'?
                            The Changeling is the perfect example of an alternate universe, since it's set in a totally different environment from the SGC yet still uses the characters we love. It's also commonly referred to as the firefighter!universe or firemen!verse etc. I had used it as an example on the AU list but since there's a lot of text there I figured it was apparently easy to overlook, so I've bolded all the SG-1 examples per category. Hopefully that clears it up!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            Meet you on the other side, by LSGrimm91 (rated M, WIP)
                            Vodka and Red Wine by LSGrimm91 (WIP)

Changeling Fics:

Destined by Denise (rated M)
                            The little red engine that could by ALC Punk
                            Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by a. loquita
                            As Long as She's Smiling by not a zatarc
                            Thanks! The first two are now listed under AR and the firefighter fics under AUs.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

2010 revisited by Gen Varel (Rated M)

Same as it ever was by Sue Corkill (rated M)
                              Had I not seen the sun by Squibalicious
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X