Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking around a bit, and it seems like a lot of people are expecting 4.2 to be the end. I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it's not - like mandogater this is the only show left on Syfy I still watch.

Even if it gets renewed for a fifth season though, it won't be back before 2014. So no, it's not the same as other channels do. Most channels may put a break in the middle of their seasons, but they still air one season a year. Syfy is the only channel I know of that practices the two-seasons-for-the-price-of-one thing - ordering an extra long season, splitting it in two, and then airing it over two years.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      I've been looking around a bit, and it seems like a lot of people are expecting 4.2 to be the end. I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it's not - like mandogater this is the only show left on Syfy I still watch.

Even if it gets renewed for a fifth season though, it won't be back before 2014. So no, it's not the same as other channels do. Most channels may put a break in the middle of their seasons, but they still air one season a year. Syfy is the only channel I know of that practices the two-seasons-for-the-price-of-one thing - ordering an extra long season, splitting it in two, and then airing it over two years.
      That concept has never made any sense to me. The long gap could and probably has driven fans away from the networks shows.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by techs View Post
        They have two new shows they are making. The RDM one and the M. Night Shamalamadingdong one. Along with Defiance and Being Human which they just renewed that's four in house shows. They also have Lost Girl and Continuum. That's as many scripted shows as they usually have.

I think a lot depends on whether the WWE is serious about forming their own network and taking wrestling away from Syfy.
        Defiance looks kind of interesting, so I'll probably give it a chance. I lost interest in Being Human before the first season ended and I've never watched Lost Girl or Continuum.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me either, but after W13 ends, I'm done. I honestly don't care how ridiculous it sounds. I can accept that what happened with SGA wasn't totally their fault, but I'm still pretty bitter about how Eureka was handled, even before the cancellation fiasco.

FYI, Syfy posted episode 4.11 online early. I made a new thread for it, with the link.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

I am very happy the wait is finally almost over. Sadly though, I too am one that thinks Warehouse may not be long for this world. Syfy took way too long bringing this back from a mid-season break.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

New WH13 starts in the UK on Thursday.
              sigpic

Comment

I think it's supposed to start again next Monday.

Comment

Working...
                X