Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. #1
    Chief Master Sergeant tlw's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    168

    Default When will it come back on?

    First, I love this show. But they only have about 13 episodes per season. There were only 10 this time. It came on in July after being off for months and it is already over. I'm 46 and I remember the good old days when a season of a television show could mean as many as 26 episodes.

    Second, has anyone ever seen the movie, The Librarian, starring Noah Wylie? It is very similar to Warehouse 13. Actually there are 3 Librarian movies.

  2. #2
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,977

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Those good old days didn't have a season running 26 episodes back to back. Just like S4 episode will conclude in April
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  3. #3
    General hedwig's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Olympic Peninsula - huggling trees
    Posts
    23,127

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlw View Post
    First, I love this show. But they only have about 13 episodes per season. There were only 10 this time. It came on in July after being off for months and it is already over. I'm 46 and I remember the good old days when a season of a television show could mean as many as 26 episodes.

    Second, has anyone ever seen the movie, The Librarian, starring Noah Wylie? It is very similar to Warehouse 13. Actually there are 3 Librarian movies.
    I've seen all The Librarian movies. They were great. Wish they'd make another one.

    Syfy seems to only have shows that are about 13 episodes long and no more. And even if they're good enough shows, they still get cancelled after 5 years. So Warehouse 13 only has about another 1-2 season if Syfy continues on that schedule.

  4. #4
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlw View Post
    First, I love this show. But they only have about 13 episodes per season. There were only 10 this time. It came on in July after being off for months and it is already over. I'm 46 and I remember the good old days when a season of a television show could mean as many as 26 episodes.

    Second, has anyone ever seen the movie, The Librarian, starring Noah Wylie? It is very similar to Warehouse 13. Actually there are 3 Librarian movies.
    SyFy is splitting the season for some unknown reason and like jelgate said it will be back in April. Not sure about having to wait that long to find out what happens though.

    The Librarian movies seemed interesting but I could only get into the one co-staring Stana Katic for some reason.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  5. #5
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,977

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    SyFy is splitting the season for some unknown reason and like jelgate said it will be back in April. Not sure about having to wait that long to find out what happens though.

    The Librarian movies seemed interesting but I could only get into the one co-staring Stana Katic for some reason.
    Its a pretty common tactic for SyFy and cable in general when they have a 20 episode season. The logic being better to wait a few months for part of the season then to wait 9 months for a whole season
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  6. #6
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Not back until April? That wait will definitely suck.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  7. #7
    Chief Master Sergeant tlw's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Those good old days didn't have a season running 26 episodes back to back. Just like S4 episode will conclude in April
    No, but they did usually have more a dozen. And I think this show only has a 12-13 count total, not 20 split in half. I realize that networks are doing this to have a wider variety. But it is aggravating if you like something and don't like what the replacement is. I'm glad to hear it's back in April.

  8. #8
    Captain
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,030

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    SyFy is splitting the season for some unknown reason and like jelgate said it will be back in April. Not sure about having to wait that long to find out what happens though.

    The Librarian movies seemed interesting but I could only get into the one co-staring Stana Katic for some reason.


    Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    co-staring Stana Katic

    I think I know the reason.

  9. #9
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,977

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlw View Post
    No, but they did usually have more a dozen. And I think this show only has a 12-13 count total, not 20 split in half. I realize that networks are doing this to have a wider variety. But it is aggravating if you like something and don't like what the replacement is. I'm glad to hear it's back in April.
    You are wrong. Season 4 is a 20 episode spilit half. As for the replacement its impossible for a TV channel to please everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  10. #10
    Chief Master Sergeant tlw's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Thanks for the info.

  11. #11
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Its a pretty common tactic for SyFy and cable in general when they have a 20 episode season. The logic being better to wait a few months for part of the season then to wait 9 months for a whole season
    I know they love to do this to fans. My biggest problem is I'm not a very patient person. Even though I am getting better at waiting, things like this tend to drive me batty.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  12. #12
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    I think I know the reason.
    You're most likely right.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  13. #13
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,965

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    SyFy is splitting the season for some unknown reason and like jelgate said it will be back in April. Not sure about having to wait that long to find out what happens though.

    The Librarian movies seemed interesting but I could only get into the one co-staring Stana Katic for some reason.
    Hey, at least we don't have to wait till the Summer. lol.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  14. #14
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Hey, at least we don't have to wait till the Summer. lol.
    True but as I am found of saying, I may know someone named Patience but I don't have any.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  15. #15
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Do we still have to wait until April? If so, that really sucks.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  16. #16
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,977

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  17. #17
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    I'm guessing April 15th, tax day. Because it is a Monday show and the new syfy show premiers on that day

  18. #18
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Way too long of a hiatus. This will definitely not help this show IMO.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  19. #19
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    34,977

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Way too long of a hiatus. This will definitely not help this show IMO.
    The long hiatsus being worse is nothing more than a myth
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  20. #20
    First Lieutenant Esquin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: When will it come back on?

    If shows like how I met your mother and big bang can come on the air for 2 weeks then disappear for a month for no reason at all I think the Walking Dead can survive this.

Similar Threads

  1. Showtime Extreme showing back to back SG-1 eps
    By Briangate78 in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
  2. How To Put SG-1 Back On The Air
    By Anubis21 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 12th, 2008, 10:21 AM
  3. Tom Back back as Dr Who in the 90"s?
    By Dave9946 in forum Doctor Who
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 28th, 2007, 08:04 AM
  4. I want Fifth back.
    By noxic in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2006, 10:46 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: July 24th, 2006, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •