Farscape: Is it really worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape: Is it really worth getting?

I never caught the earlier parts of the show,but did get into it when it was on SyFy the later seasons then the PeaceKeeper thing that I never saw the end of it.
    -Was kinda miffed what they did to Chriton at the end of the Series at least they rectified it with the Peacekeeper Wars that I saw a little of-

I'm looking to add more Sci-fi into my DVD Library [You can see pictures of it along with the collection of mine at my blog in the signature link below] Since I need more to watch....I did watch a snippet of the first episode on Youtube and that has gotten my interest in it again.

Not sure if their is a release that has the Peace Keeper Wars in it, along with the complete series but I will have to ask if it's going to be really worth it.

It was interesting to say the least, the concept was good, at least recognized some characters that made the jump from this show to Stargate SG-1....

This is one of the many sci-fi shows I'm considering adding into this DVD library once I'm through with getting figures at the end of the year..I'm gonna be glad to be through with that cause for the prices of some of the figures I get I can easily buy a couple DVD Sets of some great series.[And External Hard Drives to have to put them on so I won't have to deal with the hassle of switching Disks]
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Frell yeah you should get it

And their is a release I believe has all 4 seasons and Peacekeeper War
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I bought it, because I liked it so much. Really, it's up to you, if you have that much disposable income to set aside. But, it seems like you've only seen a bit of it. See if you can watch the whole show through, and then decide.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Actually not that much income [I am Self Employed], just been allocating what I get to what I want [might seem like I've got a lot in reality don't getting close to retirement from collecting] so I just need to expand the DVD Library.

Is the Farscape series on Hulu?
        Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

Comment

No but it is on Netflix excluding Peacekeeper Wars
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I've seen the DVD Complete set basically going around $50 but that I can't tell if it has the Peacekeeper Wars but I see that one cheap enough individually.

Check it out here!

Comment

I highly recommend picking up Farscape. I am a bit biased though, since this is my all-time favorite show.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I definitely recommend getting Farscape, it's really cool. The main series does end on a rather disappointing cliffhanger, so getting PKW as well is more or less a must. You'll probably regret it if you don't.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, it's worth it.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

it can look strange and u get used to its awesome style and it reaches its high in season two and three, at least IMO
                    sigpic

Comment

I am really glad to see Farscape getting all of these positive recommendations.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

When I look to add something to the Library here It has to have a good rewatch value to it,otherwise it'd never be watched more than once.

Farscape that I saw in the later seasons looked good, so I will have to pick up the series before the end of the year.

Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyjos View Post
                          When I look to add something to the Library here It has to have a good rewatch value to it,otherwise it'd never be watched more than once.

Farscape that I saw in the later seasons looked good, so I will have to pick up the series before the end of the year.
                          IMO, Farscape is one of those shows you can rewatch over and over. I know I certainly have, countless times to be honest.

I am glad to hear that you may end up picking up the series. I do not think you will regret it for one second.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

For me it has great rewatch value. I've watched the complete series several times and specific episodes numerous times. But then I'm biased as this is my favorite tv show of all-time...if I had to name one considering there are so many great ones.

I'm not into anime/manga, but the other sci-fi collections you have fit with what I like: B5, BSG, Stargate, Trek. All favorites of mine.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Just looking to add something to the great Parthenon of Sci-fi Series that I already possess and Farscape looks more appealing with each passing week.

Check it out here!

Comment

Working...
                              X