Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seven Of Nine & Kes -What would VGR be like with both of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven Of Nine & Kes -What would VGR be like with both of them?

I'm sure lots of people know that Seven Of Nine replaced Kes on Voyager a little under halfway through its run. Many of you probably also know that they originally planned to write out Harry Kim instead of Kes but he got a reprieve because a magazine ranked him as one of the sexiest people alive or something.

So I was wondering what people would think the show would have been like if kes had stayed and Harry went?

Personally, I can really see Seven replacing Harry at ops. I mean she basically was just there to be another person to say the technobabble like Kim was.

On the other hand there are similarities between the Seven we got and Kes. Particularly her close relationship with The Doctor. If Kes hadn't been written out would the Doctor and Seven still have been so close I wonder.

Anyone else got any ideas on how it might have gone?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

It would have been nice to see the two of them together for a bit longer than they were. The Ocampa only live for nine years ordinarily and at least half of Kes' time was up, and I strongly suspect that, although it's never hinted at in the show, her nanoprobes make Seven of Nine all but immortal. Of course, to begin with Seven was mostly preoccupied with getting back to the Collective, so building a friendly relationship with anyone was hard for her.

As for the Doctor, all I saw was friendship between those two. She was effectively one of his nursing staff, with a bit more interest in his efforts to understand humanoids better than the others.
    sigpic

Comment

Err.. Yes. When I said 'close relationship' I meant them being good friends. And the fact that Kes was always the one standing up for him and his rights in early days when most of the crew say him as an appliance.

Not as a romantic thing. Though there was that time he fantasied she was his wife...

And with Seven. There was no romance between them either. Just friendship with the Doctor taking, or trying to take a more mentorish role. (aside from that embarrassingly part of one episode where he confesses love to her when he thinks he's dying. Urgh.)
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I actually think that Kes could have made Sevens exploration of individuality a little more interesting. If Janeway was a mother figure to Seven then Kes could have been a sort of younger sister. Kes was always very intuitive and aware of other peoples feelings. I think she could have possibly helped seven by being a little more understanding of her difficulties instead of making many of Sevens problems a light hearted (occasionally eye rolling moment) between Seven and the Doctor.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I actually think that Kes could have made Sevens exploration of individuality a little more interesting. If Janeway was a mother figure to Seven then Kes could have been a sort of younger sister.
          They could have used Kes for that, but it's the role they decided to give to Naomi Wildman the role instead. Makes a bit of sense in a way that it was her.

sigpic

Comment

first off, I'm glad that they didn't get rite of Harry (because he was one of my fav characters).

I was okay that they got rite of kes, just I think that she should have been a few more episodes overlapping with seven than she was. and I personally pretend the episode that Kes returned never happened (since didn't make sense).
            sigpic

Comment

I think the show would have been great with both of them! I think the dynamic between Kes' sweetness and Seven's coldness would have been interesting to explore further. I never really liked Kes (or Neelix for that matter) but I grew to like her, but then she left...

Comment

Working...
              X