• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer Within (304)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON THREE
    KILLER WITHIN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304
    The prison comes under attack, splitting up the group at a time critical for Lori. In Woodbury, Merle makes a personal request to the Governor while Andrea reluctantly prepares to leave.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 December 2012, 04:23 PM.

Damn it. I've been gleefully waiting for the day they offed Lori and dang if they managed to make me sad that they killed her. I guess more so because of what it forced upon Carl.

And then poor T-Dog. I know they never gave him much to do so I knew his days were numbered. When you advocate the right thing to do in an episode, you generally end up dead by the end of it just like Dale. What Rick did to Andrew came back to bit him in the ass big time.

How in the world did Michonne put up with Andrea for 7 months?! Though she needs to come right out and tell her about the blood on the trucks and what she thinks happened. I'm guessing she hasn't and just keeps insisting they leave. I know she's not much of a talker, but she needs to be strait with Andrea even though she still might not listen.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

That was a depressing episode
      sigpic

Comment

I was also waiting for Lori to go, but my heart broke for Carl. What about Carol? They said she was gone and held up her scarf, but I don't remember seeing her get caught? I guess Rick will welcome the prisoners now as they proved themselves.

Comment

Wow! I was not prepared for that. To put it lightly, I have not cared for Lori and didn't care if she made the "in memoriam" list on Talking Dead. However, I have to say that I was sad to see her go. T-Dog! What an emotional, intense episode. And where is Carol? Poor Rick.

As for Andrea, her character goes from nagging, to strong, to weak. Hasn't she learned anything. So trusting of these people, this man, after all she's been through. Stick with Michonne.

I watched Talking Dead and cried.
          sigpic
          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

OMG I absolutely bawled this episode... so heart wrenching! And I know Lori was annoying and felt that probably it would be her time soon..but *GUH* *cries* That was horrible and poor Carl. Oh and I just lost it when they showed the flash back of Rick talking to him in the barn last season....that was just so poignant. Here I was worried about the baby and if it would be ok and all that and here it was Lori who didn't make it. Also if Lori knew she had Carl by C-section which she showed Maggie her scar ...usually a mother has to have the second baby by C-section ....alot of times they don't even let the mother try and push or deliver vaginally because of the risks...so Lori should have realized her chances of survival giving birth was really going to be slim there. I mean she'd need blood and a very sterile environment, sutures the whole nine yards...so she must have really almost prepared herself mentally for that. *sigh*

Oh and poor T-Dawg and I am just glad he went out a hero good for him...and then ...yeah Carol? I hope that she is alive and just hiding somewhere and they will find her.

But YAY for Hershel!! WOOT!! One good thing and the funny bit with Maggie and Glen *snort* lets just hope Maggie doesn't pop up pregnant next...one pregnancy is enough for my nerves

But yeah ....emotional high and just so upsetting.

As for Andrea...yeah I can see some budding love affair happening between her and the Governor...this can't end well.
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

HFS

I was bawling more at Rick in the last few seconds of the ep than when Lori bit it.

T-Dawg I was so sad, tearing up when he got bit.

I am a spoiler queen so I read anything that I can about an ep and I KNEW it was ganna happen, but it still hurt like crazy.
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                HFS

I was bawling more at Rick in the last few seconds of the ep than when Lori bit it.

T-Dawg I was so sad, tearing up when he got bit.

I am a spoiler queen so I read anything that I can about an ep and I KNEW it was ganna happen, but it still hurt like crazy.
                Yeah well it was the whole Carl thing that really tore me up too and then Maggie when she walked out with the baby and Rick's whole reaction.. OMG I think that is one of the most gut wrenching scene's I've seen on TV in a long long time *cries*
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

This was such an emotional episode. They continue to diverge from the comic, but in a good way. I kind of saw T-Dawg's death coming, but not Lori. I haven't liked her for a long time, until her final moments. Her final moments with her son, and the words she had for him, even had me almost in tears.

Hopefully we find out for sure what happened with Carol. Maybe in the next episode. I would hate to think that T-Dawg went out heroically like that for nothing.

That scene at the end with Rick was utterly amazing, and so realistically acted. Both my wife and I had a hard time seeing him like that. Besides knowing what had happened to Lori, I think Rick realized what Carl had to do after she died.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We talked earlier in this season about Carl being hardened up... Well, that's gotta be the killer... Putting a bullet in your "mom's" head... (I quote marked it cos I'm Aussie, and wanted to say mum) Even though she'd probably already died, if not just passed out from blood loss, that's harsh...

I was glad to see the end of Lori... though pretty upset when T-Dog got bit... Yes, he's been a background character - well - for most of the series really, but he was good nonetheless... I'm assuming that Carol has survived... either that, or her zombied corpse is gonna turn up next ep, like daughter like mother...

I half expected the Govnor to whip out his gun and put Michonne down when they had their little confrontation... Too public, I guess. It's very annoying that she hasn't filled blondie in on what she has seen/suspects... Frankly - I'd rather see it out in the open, and her still decide to stay from disbelief.

I think the suspense of who had opened the gates/lead the Walkers into the prison was well played... Even though they replayed the scene with Rick locking the black guy in that yard full of Walkers at the start of the ep, I can't say I guessed it was him. Was thinking maybe the Govnor had already sent some of his men looking for Rick's mob... Too much the conspirorist I guess.

I'm interested, given that Lori died, to see how long the baby lasts... (How long the producers think it'll hold interest, and not just irritate...)
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

The very last minute or two of the episode was so hard to watch. Rick's reaction I think was equal parts about Lori's death and also about what he knew Carl had to do.....I don't think I'll re-watch this one.

Comment

Just me, but I don't think Rick gave more than a moments' thought to Carl... or what he had to do... Am guessing it will come out in therapy later though.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                          We talked earlier in this season about Carl being hardened up... Well, that's gotta be the killer... Putting a bullet in your "mom's" head... (I quote marked it cos I'm Aussie, and wanted to say mum) Even though she'd probably already died, if not just passed out from blood loss, that's harsh...

I was glad to see the end of Lori... though pretty upset when T-Dog got bit... Yes, he's been a background character - well - for most of the series really, but he was good nonetheless... I'm assuming that Carol has survived... either that, or her zombied corpse is gonna turn up next ep, like daughter like mother...

I half expected the Govnor to whip out his gun and put Michonne down when they had their little confrontation... Too public, I guess. It's very annoying that she hasn't filled blondie in on what she has seen/suspects... Frankly - I'd rather see it out in the open, and her still decide to stay from disbelief.

I think the suspense of who had opened the gates/lead the Walkers into the prison was well played... Even though they replayed the scene with Rick locking the black guy in that yard full of Walkers at the start of the ep, I can't say I guessed it was him. Was thinking maybe the Govnor had already sent some of his men looking for Rick's mob... Too much the conspirorist I guess.

I'm interested, given that Lori died, to see how long the baby lasts... (How long the producers think it'll hold interest, and not just irritate...)
                          Exactly what I was thinking. If Carl was not broken before, he certainly will be now. I hope the story goes out well for him.

I still dont get the Governor. When we first met him, he was strangely interrested in the whereabouts of the rest of the Group. I was pretty certain he wanted to find them for whatever reason. Why is he now against it?

As for the Baby, its a weird addition to a show like this and I cannot see them making this work for to long. After all a Kid grows and unless they replace it with a plastic one for the most time, well, Carl might become messed up when it comes to the Story, but People running around in Dead mans masks cant be a good influence when it comes to Babys.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                            Here I was worried about the baby and if it would be ok and all that and here it was Lori who didn't make it. Also if Lori knew she had Carl by C-section which she showed Maggie her scar ...usually a mother has to have the second baby by C-section ....alot of times they don't even let the mother try and push or deliver vaginally because of the risks...so Lori should have realized her chances of survival giving birth was really going to be slim there. I mean she'd need blood and a very sterile environment, sutures the whole nine yards...so she must have really almost prepared herself mentally for that. *sigh*
                            I'm not for abortion so I thought last season Lori was trying to take the easy way out by considering doing away with the pregnancy because she couldn't bare the thought of the child growing up in that world. But in retrospect, now that we know she had a complicated birth with Carl, terminating the pregnancy back then might have been for the best. I know they thought they'd have Hershel in the best of circumstances, but is was still quite risky. The group and Carl needed her more than they needed a baby. Not a nice thought but considering the world they are living in tough choices have to be made.

Still don't think the baby is long for this world. Just can't see them incorporating one into the story for very long. Maybe while they are at the prison, but when they leave, that's another story.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            This was such an emotional episode. They continue to diverge from the comic, but in a good way. I kind of saw T-Dawg's death coming, but not Lori. I haven't liked her for a long time, until her final moments. Her final moments with her son, and the words she had for him, even had me almost in tears.

Hopefully we find out for sure what happened with Carol. Maybe in the next episode. I would hate to think that T-Dawg went out heroically like that for nothing.

That scene at the end with Rick was utterly amazing, and so realistically acted. Both my wife and I had a hard time seeing him like that. Besides knowing what had happened to Lori, I think Rick realized what Carl had to do after she died.
                            Yeah, I think that was why he was as distraught about it as he was.

I'm thinking Carol is still alive somewhere in the prison and she'll turn up in the next ep. Though they could be really cruel and knock 3 people out in one ep.

I was rather hoping for Lori's death to follow the comic because I thought that was quite emotional and jarring in the comic, but I do find this interesting because it shakes up events in the timeline and changes Rick's state of mind and somewhat his reasoning for holding on to the prison. Not to mention the impact it will have upon Carl.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

I still dont get the Governor. When we first met him, he was strangely interrested in the whereabouts of the rest of the Group. I was pretty certain he wanted to find them for whatever reason. Why is he now against it?
                            I don't think he's against it but may not just be in a rush to find them. From what Andrea has told them, maybe he doesn't see them as that valuable to seek out just yet...as in what could he possible take from them to justify the risk.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

WOW

I've read a few spoilers and kinda guessed there would be a death in this episode, but i was hoping it wouldnt be T-Dawg atleast he went out in a heroic way, saving Carol, and atleast he didn't turn, when i saw that walker behind him when he was closing the gate i was like no watch out T-Dawg

Lori , i didnt think i would be so sad to see her go, wow now thats great writing, a character i despised for the better half of s2, and when she dies can make me tear up abit, tho i think it was more for Carl,

Did anyone but me wonder when the baby was silent weather it didn't make it? i thought the baby might be a zombie or something

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              Just me, but I don't think Rick gave more than a moments' thought to Carl... or what he had to do... Am guessing it will come out in therapy later though.
                              He was too Grief Stricken, which is what translated really well, i mean he looked at Carl, and i think he was thinking what Carl had to do, but at the same time, he was too grief stricken to say anything to Carl
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                              X