• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed (301)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON THREE
    SEED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301
    Rick pushes his people to infiltrate a prison infested with walkers, in the hopes of finding a more long-term respite from their life on the move.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 21 October 2012, 02:21 PM.

What a great opener...

I frankly don't see an issue with a tv series just continuing on rather than trying to stay contemporary with their time frames, especially when we had the big reveal of the prison at the end of S2, only to then discover it's been x months since those events... yet, we are still in the same vicinity...

I think the clips on a chain were a bit far fetched to hold the zombies at bay... though of course, it just depends on what the script calls for.

I'm soo glad to see the boy has grown up over the winter... Just one whiny moment...

Was it just me or did the episode end very suddenly...? Brilliantly but suddenly.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Great opener for the season. I also had a moment where I said, "All those months and they didn't stumble onto the prison?" As I recall, the reveal of the prison made me think that the prison was within a couple of miles from where they ended up so I figured they would pick up immediately after the finale.

I was much more impressed with this single episode than I was with the entirety of season 2. Hopefully it stays this way.
      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

As I was watching, I was wondering... who will they get tonight...

I figured they have plenty to choose from... and with all the zombie action, there had to be a loss...

Interesting approach though! I've wondered about amputation... good thinking Rick - if it works.
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        and lots more!

Comment

That was a great opener. Course I have been anticipating this season being great and so far it's off to a strong start.

I like the time jump. Kinda confused me for a second but the time passage needed to happen plus it conveniently skips them past winter thus no need to have to film during that time to make it more realistic.

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
          Great opener for the season. I also had a moment where I said, "All those months and they didn't stumble onto the prison?" As I recall, the reveal of the prison made me think that the prison was within a couple of miles from where they ended up so I figured they would pick up immediately after the finale.
          That's what I thought they would do too and wondered the same thing, but I suppose since winter was fast approaching they didn't do anymore traveling than they had to thus they kinda stay localized in an area and apparently had picked it dry since Carl was having to resort to eating canned dog food. I get why Rick threw the can out of frustration that this was what it had come to but the kid was hungry, and I'd rather eat the dog food than nothing.

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          As I was watching, I was wondering... who will they get tonight...

I figured they have plenty to choose from... and with all the zombie action, there had to be a loss...

Interesting approach though! I've wondered about amputation... good thinking Rick - if it works.
          Spoilers from the comics to follow
          Spoiler:
          It works in the comics if you can survive the blood loss and infection. The first guy the did it to ended up dying because of that where as Dale who wasn't killed like he was in the show got bit the same way and Rick had to cut off his foot and he ended up surviving. I think they'll end up doing like they did Allen in the comics and Herschel will die. I know he got killed later anyway but still he could have lasted a little farther into the season.

I kinda hated that it was Herschel though. I mean choices were slim as to who was going to get got right off the bat as they don't have too many extra characters that can be disposed of at this point, but in the previews they mention it cost them to take the prison so knew someone had to die.

It's going to be a tough wait between eps each week....
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Gonna drive me absolutely insane to wait.

I'm not accustomed much to waiting for this show, having only gotten into the show in the middle of the second season. SO it will be a tough wait.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              That was a great opener. Course I have been anticipating this season being great and so far it's off to a strong start.

I like the time jump. Kinda confused me for a second but the time passage needed to happen plus it conveniently skips them past winter thus no need to have to film during that time to make it more realistic.

That's what I thought they would do too and wondered the same thing, but I suppose since winter was fast approaching they didn't do anymore traveling than they had to thus they kinda stay localized in an area and apparently had picked it dry since Carl was having to resort to eating canned dog food. I get why Rick threw the can out of frustration that this was what it had come to but the kid was hungry, and I'd rather eat the dog food than nothing.

Spoilers from the comics to follow
              Spoiler:
              It works in the comics if you can survive the blood loss and infection. The first guy the did it to ended up dying because of that where as Dale who wasn't killed like he was in the show got bit the same way and Rick had to cut off his foot and he ended up surviving. I think they'll end up doing like they did Allen in the comics and Herschel will die. I know he got killed later anyway but still he could have lasted a little farther into the season.

I kinda hated that it was Herschel though. I mean choices were slim as to who was going to get got right off the bat as they don't have too many extra characters that can be disposed of at this point, but in the previews they mention it cost them to take the prison so knew someone had to die.

It's going to be a tough wait between eps each week....
              I am absolutely with you on this time jump thing.... but it makes sense and I'm glad they chose to do it that way. Did anyone else get the vibe that Daryl and Carol have a thing going....recreational sex? I couldn't help but notice that...and well that is to be expected....but I just hated that we didn't get to see their romance start onscreen...but I can live with this. as for Hershel...that really bummed me out and I really hope he doesn't die....but seeing some of the previews it almost seems that maybe he will since he's not in any of them But that is only my speculation so I'm not spoilering that

I did really enjoy the opener to and can't wait for next week
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Awesome Premiere,

I haven't read the comics or anything and i can already tell, Michone rocks but if it's been a few months i wonder why andrea hasn't tried to find her group?

Glad to see Carl is not so horrible this season (so far)

Interesting Development with Lori

Seen T-Dawg more this episode then we did the entire 2nd season

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                Gonna drive me absolutely insane to wait.

I'm not accustomed much to waiting for this show, having only gotten into the show in the middle of the second season. SO it will be a tough wait.
                Thats when i started watching it too, i believe season 2 was already on mid-season hiatus, but its already become my favorite show on tv atm
                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 16 October 2012, 03:34 PM.
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  Awesome Premiere,

I haven't read the comics or anything and i can already tell, Michone rocks but if it's been a few months i wonder why andrea hasn't tried to find her group?

Glad to see Carl is not so horrible this season (so far)

Interesting Development with Lori

Seen T-Dawg more this episode then we did the entire 2nd season

Thats when i started watching it too, i believe season 2 was already on mid-season hiatus, but its already become my favorite show on tv atm
                  oh yeah I second that about Carl....THANK GAWD!! He was starting to grate on my nerves

Oh and what do you all think will happen with Lori's baby I really feel for her...it's terrifying enough to be an expectant mother under normal circumstances... I'm surprised she's not hysterical.... but then they'd all want to slap her and throw her to the walkers so I guess she knows she better tow the line

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    oh yeah I second that about Carl....THANK GAWD!! He was starting to grate on my nerves

Oh and what do you all think will happen with Lori's baby I really feel for her...it's terrifying enough to be an expectant mother under normal circumstances... I'm surprised she's not hysterical.... but then they'd all want to slap her and throw her to the walkers so I guess she knows she better tow the line
                    I want to do that to her anyway .
                    Spoiler:
                    when she was saying all her fears about the baby i was like oh please god let that happen
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

One other thing, then some responses...

I felt such a weight lifted off during the recap, when I "remembered" that Shane is no longer in the show... Definitely good for the group... and the show in general, as his character was really starting to grate...

Daryl & Carol had vaguely started courting towards the end of last season... At least, it was clear she was trying to befriend him if nothing else...

I was surprised Hershel lasted through til the end of S2... Kinda felt he'd had his time... though will be a shame to lose him now. I agree though - he shouldn't have been on that excursion... AND - as they were scouting through, I kept thinking - they need to move obstacles out of the way so they don't fall over if they need to beat a hasty retreat... D'oh huh...

I figure Andrea is pissed at the group for bailing on her... and Michone represents a better survival option!

I reallllllly hope that the baby doesn't make it... it's just too hard to do on a survival tv show... tying up at least 1 character to babysitting duties all the time... Even on Lost, they got rid of the baby pretty quickly.
                      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        I want to do that to her anyway .
                        Spoiler:
                        when she was saying all her fears about the baby i was like oh please god let that happen
                        that's just mean

One other thing, then some responses...

I felt such a weight lifted off during the recap, when I "remembered" that Shane is no longer in the show... Definitely good for the group... and the show in general, as his character was really starting to grate...

Daryl & Carol had vaguely started courting towards the end of last season... At least, it was clear she was trying to befriend him if nothing else...

I was surprised Hershel lasted through til the end of S2... Kinda felt he'd had his time... though will be a shame to lose him now. I agree though - he shouldn't have been on that excursion... AND - as they were scouting through, I kept thinking - they need to move obstacles out of the way so they don't fall over if they need to beat a hasty retreat... D'oh huh...

I figure Andrea is pissed at the group for bailing on her... and Michone represents a better survival option!

I reallllllly hope that the baby doesn't make it... it's just too hard to do on a survival tv show... tying up at least 1 character to babysitting duties all the time... Even on Lost, they got rid of the baby pretty quickly.
                        I'm with you on Hershel not going on the mission bit I mean he is their doctor and after losing Dale.. it is sad that they may lose their "father figure". But I thought as soon as they lost the farm he would go.... I half expected him to refuse to leave...but I guess his survival instinct kicked in and he was thinking of his daughters. But it will be sad to lose him

As for the baby... I see your point...but we know this show is really dark and cutting edge...so I half expect them to have to kill it which would be really horrible....but how many shows have actually shown infanticide? this would be the show to break that ground IMO It's one of those no no's in TV Like it is off limits...but we'll see. But I'm with you...dragging around an infant in this and watching Lori breastfeed and everyone taking shifts as a nanny really isn't my idea of a great plot point....but it does give a seed of hope for the future... if indeed it is born healthy. Which brings us to the title of the episode.... why do we think this was entitled "Seed"?

Finally, with Andrea....well it's obvious she is really sick or injured or something? so maybe she just didn't have the energy to be traipsing around looking for them. But yeah this Michon character seems pretty kick arse

Comment

I guess the real shame is that Hershel had finally come around to accepting the realities of the situation... so to then lose him before getting a chance to see him grow from there will be a shame - if indeed he does die...

Over the years I've really not seen a LOT of zombie flicks - especially considering it appears to be a pretty big genre in Europe... (ie but not English language) But I've always figured that having young young kids either fighting or being zombies has been a taboo... (Night of the Comet had a perhaps 10yo boy zombie) - BUT - Land of the Dead started with a youngish girl zombie... and then indeed went for the infanticide...

On a superficial level, there was Hershel's mention of planting seeds in the prison grounds... But given that I spent the entire episode waiting for the prison folk to make an appearance, I figure it was just meaning the seed of the season's main ark - the prison...
                          and lots more!

Comment

Wow, what a start to Season 3. This was such an amazing episode from start to finish. This group has become so bad-*** when it comes to killing walkers. This first episode went so fast, it was over before I knew it. I really can't wait to see what happens next week.

Also, it was great to see that this episode was the highest rated to date of the show. Hopefully if that continues, we will get an early renewal like last season.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I guess the real shame is that Hershel had finally come around to accepting the realities of the situation... so to then lose him before getting a chance to see him grow from there will be a shame - if indeed he does die...

Over the years I've really not seen a LOT of zombie flicks - especially considering it appears to be a pretty big genre in Europe... (ie but not English language) But I've always figured that having young young kids either fighting or being zombies has been a taboo... (Night of the Comet had a perhaps 10yo boy zombie) - BUT - Land of the Dead started with a youngish girl zombie... and then indeed went for the infanticide...

On a superficial level, there was Hershel's mention of planting seeds in the prison grounds... But given that I spent the entire episode waiting for the prison folk to make an appearance, I figure it was just meaning the seed of the season's main ark - the prison...
                              wow didn't know about the Land of the Dead....but was that serial TV? Or a movie? I mean I just think that would be a hard issue to tackle for the TV censors. Yeah Seed could mean what Hershel mentioned about planting seeds and the baby .....who knows I guess we will find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X