"The Clone Wars" timeline, revised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwinnington View Post
    My God....This is like sitting in the Dentist's Chair.
    He's being quite slow about it.

On that note, however, there are some alternatives. While the online features have supplemented and contradicted it in some places, an order (of sorts) was published in The Ultimate Visual Guide last year:

Spoiler:
    The Clone Wars film
    3.01 "Clone Cadets"
    The Clone Wars: Prelude
    3.03 "Supply Lines"
    1.01 "Ambush"
    1.03 "Shadow of Malevolence"
    1.04 "Destroy Malevolence"
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars Secret Missions (Mission to Kynachi, etc.)
    1.05 "Rookies"
    1.08 "Bombad Jedi"
    1.11 "Dooku Captured"
    1.12 "The Gungan General"
    1.13 "Jedi Crash"
    1.14 "Defenders of Peace"
    1.15 "Trespass"
    4.12 "Slaves of the Republic"
    The Clone Wars: The Ballad of Cham Syndulla
    1.21 "Liberty on Ryloth"
    2.01 "Holocron Heist"
    2.02 "Cargo of Doom"
    2.03 "Children of the Force"
    2.17 "Bounty Hunters"
    2.18 "The Zillo Beast"
    2.19 "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars 12: Hero of the Confederacy, Part 3
    2.07 "Legacy of Terror"
    2.08 "Brain Invaders"
    2.09 "Grievous Intrigue"
    2.10 "The Deserter"
    2.20 "Death Trap"
    2.21 "R2 Come Home"
    2.22 "Lethal Trackdown"
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Wind Raiders of Taloraan
    3.04 "Sphere of Influence"
    3.02 "ARC Troopers"
    2.12 "The Mandalore Plot"
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju
    2.13 "Voyage of Temptation"
    2.14 "Duchess of Mandalore"
    3.05 "Corruption"
    3.06 "The Academy"
    3.08 "Evil Plans"
    1.22 "Hostage Crisis"
    3.09 "Hunt for Ziro"
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: In Service of the Republic
    3.12 "Nightsisters"
    3.13 "Monster"
    3.14 "Witches of the Mist"
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Gauntlet of Death
    3.15 "Overlords"
    3.16 "Altar of Mortis"
    3.17 "Ghosts of Mortis"
    3.18 "The Citadel"
    3.20 "Citadel Rescue"
    3.21 "Padawan Lost"
    3.22 "Wookiee Hunt"
    4.01 "Water War"
    4.02 "Gungan Attack"
    4.04 "Shadow Warrior"
    4.05 "Mercy Mission"
    4.07 "Darkness on Umbara"
    4.21 "Brothers"
    4.22 "Revenge"

As you can see, it omits quite a few episodes and stories; and on at least one occasion it's been flat-out contradicted by the online series. But I'm looking at it as a rough guide to what we can expect from these online entries.

However, there is an official episode guide in the pipe for release in early June, which will apparently specify chronology up to around episode 100 (mid-season 5, so it'll likely cover Season 5).
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Updated with Chronicling The Clone Wars #8. Since the first two episodes of the Second Battle of Geonosis appear here, it's probably safe to assume that the next three episodes of that arc will follow on the next update.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And for all of you keeping score, this latest entry causes more continuity problems as well.

Issues so far:
        • in "Bounty Hunters," the Republic is surprised at having lost communications with a facility at Felucia. This seems especially puzzling, given that the Republic loses control of Felucia in the three-part Season 2 Holocron story--which, according to the official chronology--precedes "Bounty Hunters"
        • the newsreel for "Bounty Hunters" shows Felucia at peace, suggesting it should precede the Holocron trilogy. The same newsreel shows clips of the Second Battle of Geonosis, indicating that it may follow the Geonosis arc in Season 2
        • Clone trooper Trapper is alive and well during Season 2's Geonosis arc, and is killed in "The Zillo Beast." To place "The Zillo Beast" prior to the Geonosis arc generates an irreconcilable continuity error regarding this trooper's fate

This suggests that the chronological viewing order should be:

1.21 "Libery on Ryloth"
        2.04 "Senate Spy"
        2.05 "Landing at Point Rain"
        2.06 "Weapons Factory"
        2.07 "Legacy of Terror"
        2.08 "Brain Invaders"
        2.17 "Bounty Hunters"
        2.01 "Holocron Heist"
        2.02 "Cargo of Doom"
        2.03 "Children of the Force"
        2.18 "The Zillo Beast"
        2.19 "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"

To my mind, this makes better logical and thematic sense. But note that this is NOT the official canon order; that is stated in the first post of this thread.

Personally, I also find it bizarre that the prelude to the Battle of Ryloth would span from right near the beginning ("Supply Lines") till the end of Season 1, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Personally, I also find it bizarre that the prelude to the Battle of Ryloth would span from right near the beginning ("Supply Lines") till the end of Season 1, but that's a whole other can of worms.
          I figured the Republic was forced to pull out of Ryloth after "Supply Lines" and that's why the Twi'lek resistance leader felt the Republic had abandoned them. It did seem that the resistance had been on their own for a time.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

That seems reasonable enough, but it would appear that the placement of "Ambush" wouldn't allow for that....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              However, there is an official episode guide in the pipe for release in early June, which will apparently specify chronology up to around episode 100 (mid-season 5, so it'll likely cover Season 5).
              A note on this: Jason Fry confirmed yesterday on TheForce.net's forums that this guide will cover everything up to the end of Season 5.

Originally posted by Jason Fry
              Just wrapped this project. For those who asked, thanks to the good folks at LFL and DK we were able to push on and include all of Season 5. The last two episodes will generate A LOT of discussion.
              Now I can't help but wonder what that means!

Comment

On the Star Wars wiki, for Season 5, there's a promotional poster that hints one of the series original characters will die. It could simply have something to do with that...
                sigpic
                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

I'd like to see how Chee explains Trooper Trapper's resurrection then. Is he using a giant spinner to establish this order?

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                    On the Star Wars wiki, for Season 5, there's a promotional poster that hints one of the series original characters will die. It could simply have something to do with that...
                    I'm thinking Ashoka. Not a hundred percent though. So far from that poster, Savage, Vistla and Satine (if i spelled her name right?) are dead but with this 4 part finally, we have to figure that something happens to Ashoka because she is not around in ep. 3. We don't see Rex either but he could be anywhere. Also did we see Embo die? I remember something about him but i'm not sure.

Comment

Regarding that poster, left to right...

Spoiler:
                      • Pre Vizsla: Dead, killed by Maul in Shades of Reason.
                      • Adi Gallia: Dead, killed by Savage in Revival. Note that this death retcons her already-established death in the comic Obsession.
                      • Hondo: Alive, last seen in A Necessary Bond.
                      • Maul: Alive, last seen being tortured/captured by Sidious in The Lawless.
                      • Rex: Alive, last seen in To Catch a Jedi. Note that Rex was created specifically for TCW, and as such has no appearances which reveal his fate.
                      • Savage: Dead, killed by Sidious in The Lawless.
                      • Ahsoka: Alive, last seen in To Catch a Jedi. On the run from the Jedi after being framed for terrorism and murder.
                      • Embo: Alive, last seen in Eminence. Was also supposed to appear in the Clovis trilogy of episodes, which were pushed back out of Season 5. Presumably, they'll air as part of Season 6.
                      • Ventress: Alive, last seen in To Catch a Jedi.
                      • Satine: Dead, killed by Maul in The Lawless.

Comment

Ok im changing my guess. After this mornings episode. But I believe i know who the Jedi is who framed Ashoka.

Comment

So much for spoilers... I actually just started watching Season 5, having found a site where I can watch it.
                          sigpic

My Books:

Comment

I did use spoiler tags.

Comment

You did. The poster before you didn't.
                              sigpic

My Books:

Comment

It's been almost 2 months and nothing new? The next few episodes are easy to figure out. Can we let this guy know what a poor job he is doing? Anyway, i was watching the zilo beast episode and where the clone gets killed down in the hole with Mace, was he ever identified as Trapper? Im going to watch these episodes in the order provided and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X