• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Llorona (209)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    LA LLORONA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209
    Nick realizes a series of child abductions that he is investigating bear a striking resemblance to the Hispanic legend of “La Llorona." (Zap2It)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 09 November 2012, 02:00 AM.

LOL at Monroe and his halloween OTTedness.
    Kinda reminds me of Sanctuary with the 'comicon/halloween is the one day abbies can roam freely'

nice to see things handled but not so neatly handled.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

great episode . I love that it was a Halloween themed episode. As usual Monroe made the episode, pretty much everything that came out of his mouth. and I'm glad there was at least one Nick and Monroe scene (as good as it was, I wish there were more). and I love Monroe's house. I wish I could get my parents to do that with theirs lol. and Nick's weapon was a great touch.

as for the case, very interesting and had a good creepy factor. I had a feeling at the end that she would disappear, so it would leave the mystery open.

still not sure what is with the intern, but I'm sure he'll become important.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah, he's a plot device of some sort. maybe he's the next assassin? maybe he's a wesen? maybe he's another grimm?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          yeah, he's a plot device of some sort. maybe he's the next assassin? maybe he's a wesen? maybe he's another grimm?
          I'm leaning toward grimm. but no real evidence to back that up, other than possible spoiler
          Spoiler:
          next weeks previews
          sigpic

Comment

I didn't like this episode one bit.

The Bad (and it is plentiful):
            They didn't capture the La Llorona story well. They left out much of the magic and depth of it. The episode was too much a cop show today. Other than the hypnotic bit and zombie makeup, the woman could have been a kidnapper on Law and Order.

Purple Wesen. Seriously?! That other cop has blue-purple fur. Her species or the fact she was a Wesen didn't matter. She could have just been an ordinary concerned cop/family member.

Monroe as only comic relief. Yes, he is funny. Yes, he is awesome, but give him and Nick something to do please. Apparently the most important character on the show is Rosalee. Since she left, Grimm keeps trying and failing a bit (or a lot) to deliver.

Juliet. Ugh. I'm glad they gave her something to do; too bad, she has to be a completely unreceptive moron while doing it. If science can't explain things, she should be looking elsewhere.

For a Halloween episode, it wasn't terrifying in the slightest. We all knew Nick would save the kids. I was more freaked out at the poor Fridge-repair man torture happening next week.

A missed opportunity. Hank should have had to save Nick. Then the whole whose had had whose back conversation would have been useful. Better yet, the Lady Wesen could have saved both of them to show that the Wesen will save them for the good work they do.

The Good:
            Renard remains attractive and thankfully didn't act like a creepy stalker this week.

A weak, slow, and laborious episode. 6/10 at best.
            Last edited by MasySyma; 26 October 2012, 08:25 PM.
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Unfortunately I have mostly to agree with MasySyma. The episode again was rushed, to much stand alone scenes, I felt like I was watching how to make a necklace and it was absolutely predictible.
              The fight at the end ... ... it was okay with me that the woman/wesen/ghost/whatever escaped but is it so damned hard to let her escape not by Nick's will but because he's loosing the fight? Come on, she already had him down under water once, she was somewhat of a marine Wesen/ghost/whatever. Why she couldn't half-drown Nick and escape then because of whatever happens (maybe Hank and that ex-cop coming to the water to search Nick and the La Llorona).
              To be true, I had this in mind after I learned about the guest-star. I knew they would do something like they did before. And that's what pissed me about season 2. In season 1 it seemed to me like it was nothing for the TPTB WHO would be guest of the week (thinking about Nana Visitor for example), they told their story, using the main-cast and putting the guest into the line. In season 2 they completely changed that (since MEM guested for the first two episodes. I mean, I'm a fan of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio but with her casted TPTB decided to build episodes around the guest not around the cast).
              For me the entry scene with Nick and Monroe was the best. I so miss my Boyz doing something together, and Nick lending his morning star to Monroe ... that was so freaking awesome! And they both seem to enjoy being together as well. My, the only scene we saw Nick's awesome real smile was in this scene!
              Juliette ... my, at least she had something to do. I'm more wondering about this neighbour and what she knows about what is really going on. I wouldn't mind to see this woman again. Maybe she's a kind of Wesen herself, another kind of witch or something like that. Would be interesting to find out.
              Renard ... yes, I liked him this time again. He did his part of the episode very well, especially at the end, when he reminded Nick and Hank about how their plan could have come back to them. So I was right an the FBI isn't on Nick's heels any longer. Good to know.
              Wu got the line of the week this time with his entry about "his English is as bad as my Spanish". Today a special reminder for me.
              mi_guard, I'm working on the caps I've promised you but right now I'm fighting a huge headache, so don't mind me when I will post them tomorrow - or, as last week, I will post the link to the album (I'm learning, Sky ).

Well, I think the episode wasn't that bad as the last two ones (in my opinion), but I still miss so much about the show ... *sigh* ... besides, again the repeating theme from season 1 - "no one knows me" - yep, I would say, in this case, no one knows La Llorona ...
              The trailer for next week looks again mouthwatering, but (also again) I'm pretty sure it will be turn out misleading and disappointing. When Grimm is becoming one thing at the moment than this. (I only hope for the back half of the season. Maybe than it will getting better just like season 1 was getting better in the second half *keeps her fingers crossed to get her beloved show back*).

EDIT:
              Anyone else noticed that we are back now to the first opener in season2? Only without narration. Can we please take any decision at the end *rolls eyes*
              Last edited by Hyndara71; 27 October 2012, 07:58 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Just looked up the La Llorona legend on Wikipeia. They left out a lot of stuff.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                  A missed opportunity. Hank should have had to save Nick. Then the whole whose had had whose back conversation would have been useful. Better yet, the Lady Wesen could have saved both of them to show that the Wesen will save them for the good work they do.
                  Maybe David was the only actor they could talk into jumping into the Columbia River.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                    EDIT:
                    Anyone else noticed that we are back now to the first opener in season2? Only without narration. Can we please take any decision at the end *rolls eyes*
                    I liked the opening actually and didn't notice it was different other than it seemed like they added new pictures. if it was the same, than maybe it was just the stupid narration that I didn't like, which I'm so glad they got rit of.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                      Maybe David was the only actor they could talk into jumping into the Columbia River.
                      But it's not like we will see there will grow a third arm out of David's head or something like that, right?

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      I liked the opening actually and didn't notice it was different other than it seemed like they added new pictures. if it was the same, than maybe it was just the stupid narration that I didn't like, which I'm so glad they got rit of.
                      It was the opening from 2.03 which I've watched ... don't ask me how often.
                      You know there was a little ... uhm ... let me call it some fan-intervenation about the narration, and I think that's why they kicked all the narrators they had - and unfortunately it's also why I know this damned thing so damned well (and it's also why I think if I would EVER meet Sasha he would recognize me pretty well the moment I would open my mouth to ask him something ...)
                      *note to herself* Never, ever do that again! Never let yourself talking into something this stupid again!
                      Last edited by Hyndara71; 28 October 2012, 12:28 AM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

well I'm glad that they got rit of it (what ever reason they found out about it). I think its safe to say most if not all of the fans hated the narration.
                        sigpic

Comment

It simply was too misleading and especially the last voice they had I personally hated because while listening I felt like ... well, like someone would making fun out of me. The opener now ... well, I think the shortened one was better because there's something missing now. Maybe they should try some single words in an unfamiliar voice or something like that. Something that doesn't make you feel there's so much unused space. The pics they choosed are great, also the way they worked with it (colors, how it looks grudgy, I personally also like this parted but moving pictures with the morphing faces). Or maybe they should make a real opener with the material that's already in use. It's not necessary also to have pics of the actors as long as there are the names (and it wouldn't cost my nerves during capping anymore to cut out the names when I want a cap from the beginning - I know, selfish, but I'm pretty sure, I'm not the only one ).

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

I saw it today (I was at a convention since Thursday and arrived this morning ) and since I don´t really know the original La Llorna story I liked that. I usually like thematical episodes (Christmas, Halloween) because they try to add something different. We don´t celebrate halloween (obviously) but it seems as a fun for kids
                            I liked the episode. I disagree that it was rushed and I think they didn´t abandon ANY of the stories or characters and tried to work with all stories they started. I agree that trying to create a story around guest stars and not the main cast may cause harm but I believe that at least some of them will be back. This detective is a Wessen but she knows Nick helped her, and while she may not completely trust him, she may help him in the future.
                            As much as I am sorry to see Monroe leave out of the main story (I think it will change next week), I enjoyed this one. Definitely better than the one with the guy who got a wrong medication. It was so in Monroe´s personality and I cheered a bit when he scared kids in the end.
                            And we, finally, got a scene with him and Nick. It was too short but it was at least something. And it was like previous two episodes didn´t happen - they were amazing together (actors AND characters) as if they genuinely enoyed company of each other. I liked how Nick, in all seriousness, took the weapon out of the closet, only for us to find out it was for Monroe I love how comfortable they are around each other. The jokes about "breaking skulls" and their family´s violent pasts - sort of like "I know you had it there in your family, I know you fight with this but we are the same and I know you would never harm me"

I also expected Hank pulling Nick out of water. That was disappointing. I doubt Hank would be just standing there and did nothing.

The new interm guy is suspicous and when Nick was shaking his hand, it almost looked like Nick felt there was something unusual. I am curious about this.

I am not sure about the "ghost or no ghost" thing. Maybe they are trying to prepare a ground for more supernatural elements? She looked like some kind of a beast. But I suspect we will never know since this was specifically a Halloween episode. And also really creepy one.

The way how to bring Juliette was weak (only one person in the whole station speaks Spanish? They don´t have an official translator for this?) but at least she had something to do and boy, did Bitsie sold it. I never really bought her and Nick´s romance but their glances after the kids were safe were cute and I think she will really start digging now about what happened to her.

I think only the "sheep" episode was sort of weak, but Grimm was really great this year. First four episodes were great, then we had more action with Angelina....I think they struggle a little with how to involve all characters without losing the others but the best way how to do it would be just tell Juliette and DON´T keep Nick and Monroe separate.

But next week´s preview looks really great and promising and I honestly hope
                            Spoiler:
                            there will be another Grimm in town.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                              I think the water must have been really cold, so I assume that the other actors just told "NIET"
                              You know there was a little ... uhm ... let me call it some fan-intervenation about the narration, and I think that's why they kicked all the narrators they had - and unfortunately it's also why I know this damned thing so damned well (and it's also why I think if I would EVER meet Sasha he would recognize me pretty well the moment I would open my mouth to ask him something ...)
                              *note to herself* Never, ever do that again! Never let yourself talking into something this stupid again!
                              OK, now I want details; what exactly did you do there?
                              The fight at the end ... ... it was okay with me that the woman/wesen/ghost/whatever escaped but is it so damned hard to let her escape not by Nick's will but because he's loosing the fight? Come on, she already had him down under water once, she was somewhat of a marine Wesen/ghost/whatever. Why she couldn't half-drown Nick and escape then because of whatever happens
                              I think she let him go because she was disappearing at midnight - classic fairy tales

For me the entry scene with Nick and Monroe was the best. I so miss my Boyz doing something together, and Nick lending his morning star to Monroe ... that was so freaking awesome! And they both seem to enjoy being together as well. My, the only scene we saw Nick's awesome real smile was in this scene!
                              mi_guard, I'm working on the caps I've promised you but right now I'm fighting a huge headache, so don't mind me when I will post them tomorrow - or, as last week
                              oh yes, the entry sceen was priceless. Nick having Monroe promising that nobody would be hurt, Monroe promising and at the end Monroe's window got 'hurt' Again! remember the pilot But frankly speaking, that weapon IS DANGEROUS, imagine if a kid came too near and got hit instead of the pumpkin if I had been Nick, I would not have allowed that use for it

and thanks for the caps, it is not urgent

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                              And we, finally, got a scene with him and Nick. It was too short but it was at least something. And it was like previous two episodes didn´t happen - they were amazing together (actors AND characters) as if they genuinely enoyed company of each other. I liked how Nick, in all seriousness, took the weapon out of the closet, only for us to find out it was for Monroe I love how comfortable they are around each other. The jokes about "breaking skulls" and their family´s violent pasts - sort of like "I know you had it there in your family, I know you fight with this but we are the same and I know you would never harm me"
                              fully agree, would love to have an episode with only two charcters: Nick and Monroe

The new interm guy is suspicous and when Nick was shaking his hand, it almost looked like Nick felt there was something unusual. I am curious about this.
                              yeah, I am curious too; but don't you think that also Renard's 'alarm clocks' should be ringing in that case?

I am not sure about the "ghost or no ghost" thing. Maybe they are trying to prepare a ground for more supernatural elements?
                              I really hope not, I would stop watching ....

But next week´s preview looks really great and promising and I honestly hope
                              Spoiler:
                              there will be another Grimm in town.
                              I just hope that Bud
                              Spoiler:
                              won't be harmed or killed

and finally, mods, please please please, have the title of this episode amended. It is called "La Llorona" not "La Lloranna". It really hurts my eyes only looking at the title thank you in advance.
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                              X