Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It did kind of suck not having a new episode last night. We made it though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

One less week of reruns
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Quite a good episode, lots of development, and well played out.
        Hope thats not the last we see of Colin Salmons character...

Its nice to see John Barrowman playing a villian.
        Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 November 2012, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Yeah, this is the only new show of the fall season which I really like to watch. Actually I hoped it would be Revolution, but for now, allthough I like Revolution, I would not cry over it if it would get canceled but with this show however I would be really pissed if it would be canceled but I think it's CWs best new show this fall right ? So it would be safe to assume that it will be renewed in April or May.
          sigpic

Comment

Nothing is safe. The ratings could suddenly tank in January and be grounds for cancellation. That said currently its chances are good for renewal
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think this one is safe. Even if ratings start slide, they'll give it a second season at least. It airs on CTV in Canada and they did a great job at promoting before it came on and last I heard it's doing great with the ratings here. Unless they do something stupid and change the day it airs - then it should be fine. It's not like it's Fox airing the show.
              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Canadian ratings are irrelvent. And yes they could cancel it if the ratings slide enough. Chances are that won't happen but nothing is certain until the Upfront presentations in May.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

This has definitely become a can't miss show for my wife and I.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I have this strange feeling that Arrow will only last for this season. But then again...!
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Hope thats not the last we see of Colin Salmons character...
                      no it won't, during training/filming for Strictly Come Dancing a few weeks ago, he had to fly back to Vancouver mid-week to film some stuff for Arrow, so he'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                        I have this strange feeling that Arrow will only last for this season. But then again...!
                        I really don't care for this show. I do enjoy the action sequence and seeing Oliver evolve from addressing the mistakes of his father and cohorts to everyday crimefighter as the bodyguard pushes him.

It's a subtle thing, but it helps put better perspective of how Oliver uses his persona.

Here's the question, how long is he willing to do this? For the rest of his life? Or just until the job is done? At some point he will see that the men he is taking down are being replaced by others stepping into their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          I really don't care for this show. I do enjoy the action sequence and seeing Oliver evolve from addressing the mistakes of his father and cohorts to everyday crimefighter as the bodyguard pushes him.

It's a subtle thing, but it helps put better perspective of how Oliver uses his persona.

Here's the question, how long is he willing to do this? For the rest of his life? Or just until the job is done? At some point he will see that the men he is taking down are being replaced by others stepping into their shoes.
                          I agree. The system doesn't let me green you ( Fight the power...).

It's not that's a bad show or badly acted but it misses that indefinable quality that would give it an edge, set it apart from all the other shows I've seen before. From what I 've seen, it uses the old clichés and doesn't seem able to flip them around. Well, it's the first season. Nevertheless, I'm watching it.
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I freely admit that I've set my Sky+ box to record the series. This is due to the Crazy shift pattern I work.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                              From what I 've seen, it uses the old clichés and doesn't seem able to flip them around.
                              Dunno, I quite like the reverse-Hamlet thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                                I truly hope you are wrong in that regard. IMO, this show has already earned a second season.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X