This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus Speed

Ya no i just worked it out after rewatching Prometheus Unbound and they said they could get 50 light years in about 20 minutes and that means the prometheous can move at 429,771,744,000,000 mph and thats pretty darn fast and works out at 73 times the speed of light roughtly there was a whole list of decimals but rounded up to 73 and well i gotto say its pretty fast but it would take over 4 years to get to the pegasus galaxy unless they can work harder than 100%. now i will work out how fast the daedelus travels powered by a ZPM
    Last edited by Steam; 09 February 2005, 03:21 AM.
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

The Prometheus (and any other ship for that matter) can go as fast as the script requires it

Comment

k works out daedalus travels at 183,598,650,000,000,000 mph witch is 31250 times the speed of light WOW thats fast. well if anyone can work it out and see i have made mistakes then i would like to no plz lol.

Comment

as agent_dark said its part of the plot that the ship arrives in time - earth does not have any technology that could make the ships travel that fast
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I say, pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
            k works out daedalus travels at 183,598,650,000,000,000 mph witch is 31250 times the speed of light WOW thats fast. well if anyone can work it out and see i have made mistakes then i would like to no plz lol.
            You don't really know your math do you?

aprox. 3.1 million light years to Pegasus. 3.1M ly in 4 days. 4 days is 0.01 years. So Daedalus is Travelling 3.1 Million ly 100 times faster then light, so their speed should be 310,000,000c. Which is 310,000,000,000,000,00m/s

Comment

its still bloody fast

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                You don't really know your math do you?

aprox. 3.1 million light years to Pegasus. 3.1M ly in 4 days. 4 days is 0.01 years. So Daedalus is Travelling 3.1 Million ly 100 times faster then light, so their speed should be 310,000,000c. Which is 310,000,000,000,000,00m/s
                did you even work out the speed of light?

heres all the numbers i used
                Prometheous Speed: 429,771,744,000,000 mph
                Light year: 5,875,156,800,000 Miles
                Distance from Milkyway to Pegasus galaxy: 3,000,000 LY
                Distance from Milkyway to Pegasus galaxy: 17,625,470,400,000,000,000 Miles
                Time to get to Pegasus in Prometheous: 41011 Hours
                Time to get to Pegasus in Prometheous: 4.68 years
                Daedalus Speed: 183,598,650,000,000,000 mph
                Daedalus speed: 31250x the speed of light

if the pegasus galaxy is 3mill and i no you said 3.1 but i saw it say 3mill somewhere on forums. any way if PG is 3mill LY and speed of light is 186300miles/sec witch is 67068000 mph and a light year would be 67068000x24(Day) x 365(Year) this titals how far light travels in a year witch is 5,875,156,800,000 so if the PG is 3mill LY away then you do the LYx3mill witch is 17,625,470,400,000,000,000 Miles thats how far they travel in 4 days so 4 days is 96 hours so 17,625,470,400,000,000,000/96 = 183,598,650,000,000,000 mph then i cant remember what calculations i did ill work it out later i got a head ache at mo
                Last edited by Steam; 09 February 2005, 01:21 PM.

Comment

FYI I was talking about the Daedalus. But if you want to discuss Prommy.

They didn't say that it was 50ly in 20min. They said it was 50ly outside of their designated course. That could've been a trillion ly.

The only good number we have on any of the Prommys hyperdrives are from S6 where they babble about them supposed to be in hyperspace another X min. I don't remember the dialog but I do remember that the speed was 230,000c-ish. That was when they were using the Naquadriah hyperdrive.

We have no solid numbers to use while working with the Asgard-designed Prometheus hyperdrive.

Also, using miles instead of meters when dealing with these(any scientific) issues only shows that... Nah I better not finish that sentence.

There is also no real reason to work out how many miles/meters/kilometers one ly is, just start using the constant c, which is 3e8 m/s. Pegasus is 3.XM ly away. It takes light 3.x million years to get there. We do it in 4 days. 4/365.25=~0.010... so if it takes light 3.x million years to get there, and we do it in 1% of the time we can only conclude that our hyperdrive is 100 times more efficient then 3.x Million .
                  Last edited by aAnubiSs; 09 February 2005, 01:28 PM.

Comment

are we using the asgard hyperdrive? i thought we didnt have enough power?

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
                      are we using the asgard hyperdrive? i thought we didnt have enough power?
                      They were installing it in Gemini and we can use it, to which magnitude we don't know. But it was capable of reaching Atlantis in a acceptable timeperiod, which if I'd have to guess on a max time would be one month. Obviously TPTB would make it much faster

Comment

how come they didnt try again after prometheus unbound?

Comment

Have you seen the episode?

The hull was damaged and couldn't sustain any longer trips in hyperspace so they needed to repair it.

Comment

i meant after the repairs, sorry for not making it clear. what i am saying is surely the repairs would have been completed sooner than a new ship all together even thought its probly been in contruction a while?

Comment

Daedalus has probably been under construction ever since Prommy left dry dock in Prometheus. I don't think Earth has any good way to repair a Trinium hull on a top secret space vessel built in a secret construction yard with Earth equipment

Comment

Working...
                              X